What is your Firebrand build?

Cave Rock.4869

> @MojoGroove.8253 said:

> WVW build. Firebrand skirmisher/ front line. Please help me out here. Moving from AH front liner to this.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAneSn8ABlDhVDBOCDkCjlGCbPf2PHoYTgIwI4aYtlCAA-j1xHABA8EAmTJYiq/skyP30Hk/pAAl9HaHcAsUlq0SBWaplWaplaAlWaplWaplWaplCA-w

>

> Full celestial armor; running mercy runes for fast support rezzing for the time being (aim would be durability runes). Axe/shield and Hammer. I run receive the light, judges intervention, smite condition, mantra of lore, mantra of liberation

>

> Was an AH frontliner since literally day one- Old build had two stabs and an invuln; this has 3 stabs.

>

> I gain not having to run SYG, and I get meditations vs shouts so they heal and grant fury to my allies.

>

> the only caveat is mobility when Judges is on cool down.

>

> Thoughts or suggestions? Feels good and skirmishy.... but wildly different than my AH past.

Hey MojoGroove I tend to think getting off fast resurrections these days is near impossible unless your exceptionally support orientated or a durable tank. As a Firebrand I find I much harder to rez than when I played core Guardian. More than not trying to rez in WvW these days is likely to get you downed aswell or finished off. Its a sad but true fact.

I can say that with celestial armour your going to have a hard time achieving a support or resurrection role in a group. Let alone giving essential support or heals to keep a group alive. Minstrels or nomads would be more the gear for that setup or kind of role.

My question is have you had much luck with your ideas?

Cheers for participating in the discussion about the Firebrand MojoGroove, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @GottFaust.5297 said:

> Just gonna leave this here:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAseWnsADtChNDBOCDkCjF/BLLJUhyQ7X0NaI1KAUBqTA-j1hAABmq+T0nAA0U+Bz+DA8AAWUPAkKBDAcAMexDgxHf8xHf8me8xHf8xHf8xHf8A-w

An all around damage overtime and sustain celestial build sure is interesting I am just pondering now if it would work. To me the Firebrand is either support or damage and not really able to be a hybrid. But I hope someday a person like yourself might find the right middle ground or balance. Currently though it just feels a little jack of all trades but a master of none,which can get you killed by those who are specialized in a damage type.

I fleshed out your build a little bit more, but you may want to consider Sinisters armour or Vipers over celestial for a more all or nothing burn build. But props for thinking outside the box, Gottfaust, many thanks for participating and propelling forwards the theorycrafting for the Firebrand, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > @MojoGroove.8253 said:

> > WVW build. Firebrand skirmisher/ front line. Please help me out here. Moving from AH front liner to this.

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAneSn8ABlDhVDBOCDkCjlGCbPf2PHoYTgIwI4aYtlCAA-j1xHABA8EAmTJYiq/skyP30Hk/pAAl9HaHcAsUlq0SBWaplWaplaAlWaplWaplWaplCA-w

> >

> > Full celestial armor; running mercy runes for fast support rezzing for the time being (aim would be durability runes). Axe/shield and Hammer. I run receive the light, judges intervention, smite condition, mantra of lore, mantra of liberation

> >

> > Was an AH frontliner since literally day one- Old build had two stabs and an invuln; this has 3 stabs.

> >

> > I gain not having to run SYG, and I get meditations vs shouts so they heal and grant fury to my allies.

> >

> > the only caveat is mobility when Judges is on cool down.

> >

> > Thoughts or suggestions? Feels good and skirmishy.... but wildly different than my AH past.

>

> Hey MojoGroove I tend to think getting off fast resurrections these days is near impossible unless your exceptionally support orientated or a durable tank. As a Firebrand I find I much harder to rez than when I played core Guardian. More than not trying to rez in WvW these days is likely to get you downed aswell or finished off. Its a sad but true fact.

>

> I can say that with celestial armour your going to have a hard time achieving a support or resurrection role in a group. Let alone giving essential support or heals to keep a group alive. Minstrels or nomads would be more the gear for that setup or kind of role.

>

> My question is have you had much luck with your ideas?

>

> Cheers for participating in the discussion about the Firebrand MojoGroove, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Ill take the rez suggestion into consideration. In the end durability runes would be my goal but grinding tarir seems like the worst thing ever.

For me its working pretty well. As long as most folks run the meta you can 'hide' different builds in the blob.

AXE gives me a yank which I never had as a 'core' guardian. I do enough damage... I heal enough. The faster res from mercy is noticeable, but to your point I have to be very selective about ressing anyhow. Going from 360 degree shouts to cone mantras is irksome. I could see myself going back for that.

The heals from symbols is so small its shocking that's a third tier trait, but then again the point of that may be the larger symbols not the heals.. So i may swap that up.

Its doubtful to ever become 'meta'

> > @GottFaust.5297 said:

> > Just gonna leave this here:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAseWnsADtChNDBOCDkCjF/BLLJUhyQ7X0NaI1KAUBqTA-j1hAABmq+T0nAA0U+Bz+DA8AAWUPAkKBDAcAMexDgxHf8xHf8me8xHf8xHf8xHf8A-w

>

> An all around damage overtime and sustain celestial build sure is interesting I am just pondering now if it would work. To me the Firebrand is either support or damage and not really able to be a hybrid. But I hope someday a person like yourself might find the right middle ground or balance. Currently though it just feels a little jack of all trades but a master of none,which can get you killed by those who are specialized in a damage type.

>

> I fleshed out your build a little bit more, but you may want to consider Sinisters armour or Vipers over celestial for a more all or nothing burn build. But props for thinking outside the box, Gottfaust, many thanks for participating and propelling forwards the theorycrafting for the Firebrand, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Well, the objective was as much stability, quickness, and healing/cleanse support without giving up too much burn damage. I picked sword over mace for the multiple hit capability for procing ToJ's passive during small-scale fights and while waiting on tome cooldowns. I picked staff over hammer for a bit more group support in terms of swiftness and quick-access might without having to burn ToC. Having ToC available on demand is make-or-break in the current WvW meta given what you can do with it.

I've actually been running this build in WvW and PvE for the last week or so and doing VERY well. Granted: I don't know how it would hold up in sPvP, but I don't really have any interest in that mode to be entirely honest. That said: it's got a 90% uptime on stability and quickness, a respectable amount of damage, reasonable self-healing, and a huge amount of condition clear capability to counter the current scourge-pirate-ship meta in WvW.

> @MojoGroove.8253 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > > @MojoGroove.8253 said:

> > > WVW build. Firebrand skirmisher/ front line. Please help me out here. Moving from AH front liner to this.

> > >

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAneSn8ABlDhVDBOCDkCjlGCbPf2PHoYTgIwI4aYtlCAA-j1xHABA8EAmTJYiq/skyP30Hk/pAAl9HaHcAsUlq0SBWaplWaplaAlWaplWaplWaplCA-w

> > >

> > > Full celestial armor; running mercy runes for fast support rezzing for the time being (aim would be durability runes). Axe/shield and Hammer. I run receive the light, judges intervention, smite condition, mantra of lore, mantra of liberation

> > >

> > > Was an AH frontliner since literally day one- Old build had two stabs and an invuln; this has 3 stabs.

> > >

> > > I gain not having to run SYG, and I get meditations vs shouts so they heal and grant fury to my allies.

> > >

> > > the only caveat is mobility when Judges is on cool down.

> > >

> > > Thoughts or suggestions? Feels good and skirmishy.... but wildly different than my AH past.

> >

> > Hey MojoGroove I tend to think getting off fast resurrections these days is near impossible unless your exceptionally support orientated or a durable tank. As a Firebrand I find I much harder to rez than when I played core Guardian. More than not trying to rez in WvW these days is likely to get you downed aswell or finished off. Its a sad but true fact.

> >

> > I can say that with celestial armour your going to have a hard time achieving a support or resurrection role in a group. Let alone giving essential support or heals to keep a group alive. Minstrels or nomads would be more the gear for that setup or kind of role.

> >

> > My question is have you had much luck with your ideas?

> >

> > Cheers for participating in the discussion about the Firebrand MojoGroove, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

> Ill take the rez suggestion into consideration. In the end durability runes would be my goal but grinding tarir seems like the worst thing ever.

>

> For me its working pretty well. As long as most folks run the meta you can 'hide' different builds in the blob.

>

> AXE gives me a yank which I never had as a 'core' guardian. I do enough damage... I heal enough. The faster res from mercy is noticeable, but to your point I have to be very selective about ressing anyhow. Going from 360 degree shouts to cone mantras is irksome. I could see myself going back for that.

>

> The heals from symbols is so small its shocking that's a third tier trait, but then again the point of that may be the larger symbols not the heals.. So i may swap that up.

>

> Its doubtful to ever become 'meta'

Hey again MojoGroove, I have a tip for the Rune of Durability for you. It can be brought from the WvW provisioner. But you have to have enough WvW rank to add the points in to max out the provisioner line, then you can get HoT and PoF based runes from that provisioner at any of the WvW start areas like the borderlands. It might be easier that way these days. Rune of Leadership is also a great choice for a Firebrand or Core Guardian, like celestial but with boon duration, it's very nice :)

I hope that helps you out, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> > @MojoGroove.8253 said:

> > > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > > > @MojoGroove.8253 said:

> > > > WVW build. Firebrand skirmisher/ front line. Please help me out here. Moving from AH front liner to this.

> > > >

> > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAneSn8ABlDhVDBOCDkCjlGCbPf2PHoYTgIwI4aYtlCAA-j1xHABA8EAmTJYiq/skyP30Hk/pAAl9HaHcAsUlq0SBWaplWaplaAlWaplWaplWaplCA-w

> > > >

> > > > Full celestial armor; running mercy runes for fast support rezzing for the time being (aim would be durability runes). Axe/shield and Hammer. I run receive the light, judges intervention, smite condition, mantra of lore, mantra of liberation

> > > >

> > > > Was an AH frontliner since literally day one- Old build had two stabs and an invuln; this has 3 stabs.

> > > >

> > > > I gain not having to run SYG, and I get meditations vs shouts so they heal and grant fury to my allies.

> > > >

> > > > the only caveat is mobility when Judges is on cool down.

> > > >

> > > > Thoughts or suggestions? Feels good and skirmishy.... but wildly different than my AH past.

> > >

> > > Hey MojoGroove I tend to think getting off fast resurrections these days is near impossible unless your exceptionally support orientated or a durable tank. As a Firebrand I find I much harder to rez than when I played core Guardian. More than not trying to rez in WvW these days is likely to get you downed aswell or finished off. Its a sad but true fact.

> > >

> > > I can say that with celestial armour your going to have a hard time achieving a support or resurrection role in a group. Let alone giving essential support or heals to keep a group alive. Minstrels or nomads would be more the gear for that setup or kind of role.

> > >

> > > My question is have you had much luck with your ideas?

> > >

> > > Cheers for participating in the discussion about the Firebrand MojoGroove, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> >

> > Ill take the rez suggestion into consideration. In the end durability runes would be my goal but grinding tarir seems like the worst thing ever.

> >

> > For me its working pretty well. As long as most folks run the meta you can 'hide' different builds in the blob.

> >

> > AXE gives me a yank which I never had as a 'core' guardian. I do enough damage... I heal enough. The faster res from mercy is noticeable, but to your point I have to be very selective about ressing anyhow. Going from 360 degree shouts to cone mantras is irksome. I could see myself going back for that.

> >

> > The heals from symbols is so small its shocking that's a third tier trait, but then again the point of that may be the larger symbols not the heals.. So i may swap that up.

> >

> > Its doubtful to ever become 'meta'

>

> Hey again MojoGroove, I have a tip for the Rune of Durability for you. It can be brought from the WvW provisioner. But you have to have enough WvW rank to add the points in to max out the provisioner line, then you can get HoT and PoF based runes from that provisioner at any of the WvW start areas like the borderlands. It might be easier that way these days.

>

> I hope that helps you out, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

:D MAN!

you saved me some time friend.

you take a year off and the world changes around you.

re - build i posted..... I feel too squishie. I' going to play with gearing..... But that could also be that deadeyes seem to be a problem for me.

> @MojoGroove.8253 said:

>

> @MojoGroove.8253 said:

> > > > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > > > > @MojoGroove.8253 said:

> > > > > WVW build. Firebrand skirmisher/ front line. Please help me out here. Moving from AH front liner to this.

> > > > >

> > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAneSn8ABlDhVDBOCDkCjlGCbPf2PHoYTgIwI4aYtlCAA-j1xHABA8EAmTJYiq/skyP30Hk/pAAl9HaHcAsUlq0SBWaplWaplaAlWaplWaplWaplCA-w

> > > > >

> > > > > Full celestial armor; running mercy runes for fast support rezzing for the time being (aim would be durability runes). Axe/shield and Hammer. I run receive the light, judges intervention, smite condition, mantra of lore, mantra of liberation

> > > > >

> > > > > Was an AH frontliner since literally day one- Old build had two stabs and an invuln; this has 3 stabs.

> > > > >

> > > > > I gain not having to run SYG, and I get meditations vs shouts so they heal and grant fury to my allies.

> > > > >

> > > > > the only caveat is mobility when Judges is on cool down.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thoughts or suggestions? Feels good and skirmishy.... but wildly different than my AH past.

> > > >

> > > > Hey MojoGroove I tend to think getting off fast resurrections these days is near impossible unless your exceptionally support orientated or a durable tank. As a Firebrand I find I much harder to rez than when I played core Guardian. More than not trying to rez in WvW these days is likely to get you downed aswell or finished off. Its a sad but true fact.

> > > >

> > > > I can say that with celestial armour your going to have a hard time achieving a support or resurrection role in a group. Let alone giving essential support or heals to keep a group alive. Minstrels or nomads would be more the gear for that setup or kind of role.

> > > >

> > > > My question is have you had much luck with your ideas?

> > > >

> > > > Cheers for participating in the discussion about the Firebrand MojoGroove, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> > >

> > > Ill take the rez suggestion into consideration. In the end durability runes would be my goal but grinding tarir seems like the worst thing ever.

> > >

> > > For me its working pretty well. As long as most folks run the meta you can 'hide' different builds in the blob.

> > >

> > > AXE gives me a yank which I never had as a 'core' guardian. I do enough damage... I heal enough. The faster res from mercy is noticeable, but to your point I have to be very selective about ressing anyhow. Going from 360 degree shouts to cone mantras is irksome. I could see myself going back for that.

> > >

> > > The heals from symbols is so small its shocking that's a third tier trait, but then again the point of that may be the larger symbols not the heals.. So i may swap that up.

> > >

> > > Its doubtful to ever become 'meta'

> >

> > Hey again MojoGroove, I have a tip for the Rune of Durability for you. It can be brought from the WvW provisioner. But you have to have enough WvW rank to add the points in to max out the provisioner line, then you can get HoT and PoF based runes from that provisioner at any of the WvW start areas like the borderlands. It might be easier that way these days.

> >

> > I hope that helps you out, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

> :D MAN!

> you saved me some time friend.

>

> you take a year off and the world changes around you.

>

> re - build i posted..... I feel too squishie. I' going to play with gearing.....

I am glad I could be of assistance, have a good day :)

I have been struggling to build a Firebrand that suits my playstyle. I do mostly Open World PvE, so I recognize that my build and gear does not matter as much, but I prefer having "casually competent" builds. In the past, I used mostly Hammer, as my preferred weapon, on Guardian/Dragonhunter using ascended Soldier's armor and Berserker trinkets, so I like having a mix of offense and defense, even if that nets me a DPS loss.

I switched to exotic Carrion armor and Sinister trinkets, but it still feels too squishy for my tastes. (I do wonder how the full Celestials would play.)

I Ran 3x Ascended Griever (chest leg feet) 1 from Raid 2 from fractal vendor crafting and Griever Ring rest is Sinister, I always pull around 20k in Wing 1 3-4,also some nice support if druid call help or died. I have Axe / Torch Scepter / Torch. Rotation is axe symbol swap scepter symbol chapter 2 4 5 1 1 2 rinse repeat :D

> @Genesis.8572 said:

> I have been struggling to build a Firebrand that suits my playstyle. I do mostly Open World PvE, so I recognize that my build and gear does not matter as much, but I prefer having "casually competent" builds. In the past, I used mostly Hammer, as my preferred weapon, on Guardian/Dragonhunter using ascended Soldier's armor and Berserker trinkets, so I like having a mix of offense and defense, even if that nets me a DPS loss.

>

> I switched to exotic Carrion armor and Sinister trinkets, but it still feels too squishy for my tastes. (I do wonder how the full Celestials would play.)

Hey Genesis, I think Celestial might be what you will eventually want for your desired setup. But I will say some times putting your eggs in to many baskets or be a jack of all trades and a master of none can lead to troubles of their owe like you suggested lack of dps. Not mastering in a damage type is one common issue I see with many new builds. Trying to do everything can mean you can't kill fast enough or survive in the end. I know it seems like I am destroying your eventual goal trust a person who once played a celestial Elementalist in WvW. Fifteen minute fights used to be a common outcome and the repetitive pressing of buttons was straining on the finger/wrists. This may be different for the Firebrand because of less skills to manage. Also the fact your doing Pve will also reduce the actions per minute required to some degree.

now another tip bit I need to inform you about is that celestial gear is slow and labourous to obtain and purchase. Time gated crafting materials are the main problem. Unless you have stat swappable gear that let's you choose celestial, hmm is that possible? But my main point is that getting celestial armour can be really painful to get. It is definitely a long term goal or processes and that is the best advice that I can give to you Genesis. Many thanks for your question from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @VictoriaCross.3205 said:

> I Ran 3x Ascended Griever (chest leg feet) 1 from Raid 2 from fractal vendor crafting and Griever Ring rest is Sinister, I always pull around 20k in Wing 1 3-4,also some nice support if druid call help or died. I have Axe / Torch Scepter / Torch. Rotation is axe symbol swap scepter symbol chapter 2 4 5 1 1 2 rinse repeat :D

Wow you literally deserve a VictoriaCross for being so helpful with such a thoroughly descriptive post. I now can't wait to test the idea or rotation out and give it a try/test run myself.

I also like the symbol stacking idea. By thr way are you a fan of the new grieving stats?

Cheers VictoriaCross for your detailed post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

@"MojoGroove.8253"

Sup again buddy I have found that playing support on the Firebrand can be of the utmost importance in WvW. One way I attained that is with minstrels gear, shouts for more condition clearing and rune of Leadership for boon duration. Keep Renewed Focus for Tome refreshing because it is key to how much support you can provide for your mates with Tor and ToC. Additionally Rune of Leadership cleanses aswell. The weapons are mace and shield plus staff. Superior Sigil of Life, Superior Sigil of Energy times two and then finally a singular Superior Sigil of Concentration. There is no real damage from this setup. Your role in a group is moderate healing, prevention from both power (Aegis and heals) and condition damage (resistance, cleanses and regeneration) plus projectiles. Deadeyes will still be a problem but you will atleast survive for long enough for your group to track em down and perhaps dispose of them. The main reason Deadeyes are still a problem is because of the unblockable and high burst attacks which are hard to react to in time.

MojoGroove, I hope this helps you out in WvW. From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Superior Rune of the Water? I'm getting plenty of use out of them:

+175 Healing, +20% Boon Duration, 25% w/struck to remove condition (30s) & Area Heal w/ Heal Skill (10s) (Heals for 755 +0.5xHP in R600)

I've gone for a hybrid build, bit more support focused with a bit of damage hopefully. Went for 100% uptime on Quickness for the party via +50% Boon Duration (Runes contributing significantly) then triggering Liberator's Vow and Stalwart Speed for Quickness [3s] each with Restoring Reprieve (Mantra of Solace); but their cds are 10s and 5s so I substitute Liberator's Vow with Potent Haste (Mantra of Potence) while using Stand Your Ground! or Portent of Freedom (Mantra of Liberation); thus granting Quickness [6s] every 6s of combat.

The Superior Rune of the Water gets me not only +20% boon duration but Restoring Reprieve is triggers its area heal every 12s for a decent addition to group healing. If that wasn't enough, I'm regularly handing out Aegis, Might, Retaliation and a lot of Stability!

Naturally I'm triggering Quickfire every 12s as well, so I'm using Radiance and a Torch to invest in burning a little while using Honor and Mace to further improve my healing output. I've got mostly Cleric gear with a dash of Celestial but I wouldn't mind switching to Harrier gear so I can swap Honor for Zeal if I don't need the +200 concentration and instead improve my damage output. That said, I only do lower fractals so I don't know how much benefit I'm getting out of the Honor traits atm.

> Hey Genesis, I think Celestial might be what you will eventually want for your desired setup. But I will say some times putting your eggs in to many baskets or be a jack of all trades and a master of none can lead to troubles of their owe like you suggested lack of dps. Not mastering in a damage type is one common issue I see with many new builds. Trying to do everything can mean you can't kill fast enough or survive in the end. I know it seems like I am destroying your eventual goal trust a person who once played a celestial Elementalist in WvW. Fifteen minute fights used to be a common outcome and the repetitive pressing of buttons was straining on the finger/wrists. This may be different for the Firebrand because of less skills to manage. Also the fact your doing Pve will also reduce the actions per minute required to some degree.

>

> now another tip bit I need to inform you about is that celestial gear is slow and labourous to obtain and purchase. Time gated crafting materials are the main problem. Unless you have stat swappable gear that let's you choose celestial, hmm is that possible? But my main point is that getting celestial armour can be really painful to get. It is definitely a long term goal or processes and that is the best advice that I can give to you Genesis. Many thanks for your question from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

What if I only used Celestial armor paired with another set of stats for my trinkets (or vice versa)? What would be suitable complementary set of stats for either the trinkets or armor for a Firebrand?

> @Genesis.8572 said:

> > Hey Genesis, I think Celestial might be what you will eventually want for your desired setup. But I will say some times putting your eggs in to many baskets or be a jack of all trades and a master of none can lead to troubles of their owe like you suggested lack of dps. Not mastering in a damage type is one common issue I see with many new builds. Trying to do everything can mean you can't kill fast enough or survive in the end. I know it seems like I am destroying your eventual goal trust a person who once played a celestial Elementalist in WvW. Fifteen minute fights used to be a common outcome and the repetitive pressing of buttons was straining on the finger/wrists. This may be different for the Firebrand because of less skills to manage. Also the fact your doing Pve will also reduce the actions per minute required to some degree.

> >

> > now another tip bit I need to inform you about is that celestial gear is slow and labourous to obtain and purchase. Time gated crafting materials are the main problem. Unless you have stat swappable gear that let's you choose celestial, hmm is that possible? But my main point is that getting celestial armour can be really painful to get. It is definitely a long term goal or processes and that is the best advice that I can give to you Genesis. Many thanks for your question from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> >

>

> What if I only used Celestial armor paired with another set of stats for my trinkets (or vice versa)? What would be suitable complementary set of stats for either the trinkets or armor for a Firebrand?

Hey Genesis, It might be best to try celestial trinkets with trailblazers armour/weapons . That might work and be more cost effective and less time consuming. I would like to hear if other Firebrand have tried that setup? Many thanks for your continued ponderings to make a survivable yet damaging Firebrand, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Hey all. Thought I'd take the time to ask this here. I'm a returning player to the game and I have a boosted Guardian that I'd really like to play the condition based Firebrand on. It looks like an amazing amount of fun and aesthetically it looks amazing!

Having said that...I haven't played the game since before Living World Season 1 so...I'm very much in the dark here. I've spent a few days reading and researching, but most of the builds I have found seem to be for raiding / fractal / dungeon running. I've seen a lot of builds here that look great! But unfortunately I don't have the ability to tell the good builds apart from the flawed ones, or the ones that are meant for something other than basic open world quest.

So what I'm asking...if you guys would help a newbie Guardian out...is what is a good, basic Open World condi Firebrand build that I can take into PoF and learn a bit with before I adventure out into the higher tier builds. Do keep in mind I don't have any crafters...don't have easy access to Viper's or anything like that. So I think at the start I will be going off what I can get off the TP. So maybe...Carrion I think? Is the one that people see as a good start? It seems to have a nice mix of power and condi damage and some survivability.

Either way. I'm rambling. And I appreciate any help that you can offer me! Thank you, Guardian community!

> @Cracken.2943 said:

> Hey all. Thought I'd take the time to ask this here. I'm a returning player to the game and I have a boosted Guardian that I'd really like to play the condition based Firebrand on. It looks like an amazing amount of fun and aesthetically it looks amazing!

>

> Having said that...I haven't played the game since before Living World Season 1 so...I'm very much in the dark here. I've spent a few days reading and researching, but most of the builds I have found seem to be for raiding / fractal / dungeon running. I've seen a lot of builds here that look great! But unfortunately I don't have the ability to tell the good builds apart from the flawed ones, or the ones that are meant for something other than basic open world quest.

>

> So what I'm asking...if you guys would help a newbie Guardian out...is what is a good, basic Open World condi Firebrand build that I can take into PoF and learn a bit with before I adventure out into the higher tier builds. Do keep in mind I don't have any crafters...don't have easy access to Viper's or anything like that. So I think at the start I will be going off what I can get off the TP. So maybe...Carrion I think? Is the one that people see as a good start? It seems to have a nice mix of power and condi damage and some survivability.

>

> Either way. I'm rambling. And I appreciate any help that you can offer me! Thank you, Guardian community!

Hey Cracken, I would like to say Carrion as the first stepping-stone before you get better gear. Balthazar rune might work out for you... Plus sigils to extend burn, bleed and condition duration or condition damage. I personally was thinking about Sinisters gear and Rune of the Berserker. At one point I managed to make a build that had 812 dmg burn ticks. But less damage overtime. A little squishy though.

I guess it is about finding a balance between condition damage and survival or sustain. I am yet to really see an exceptional build like that. Celestial might work but its hard to get and expensive. Welcome back Cracken and goodluck from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42

(PvE comments only). I started POF using the meta condi Firebrand (very similar to the one on the Quantify website) build with good results. However, the axe seemed a bit clunky for some reason, the condi ramp up time seemed slower than my condi warrior which can be problematic with a low HP build, and it wasn't very mobile. Because of this , I am currently trying a power Firebrand with GS using zeal, radiance, and FB with high retaliation and quickness uptime. It looks promising so far. I will post details after I get more game time with it.

> @Genesis.8572 said:

> I have been struggling to build a Firebrand that suits my playstyle. I do mostly Open World PvE, so I recognize that my build and gear does not matter as much, but I prefer having "casually competent" builds. In the past, I used mostly Hammer, as my preferred weapon, on Guardian/Dragonhunter using ascended Soldier's armor and Berserker trinkets, so I like having a mix of offense and defense, even if that nets me a DPS loss.

>

> I switched to exotic Carrion armor and Sinister trinkets, but it still feels too squishy for my tastes. (I do wonder how the full Celestials would play.)

I play hammer as well and imo you need high uptime on quickness to make it powerful.

If you play Scepter/sword and hammer and trait protectors impact and writ of persistence you can create some really nice condibursts, having 4 symbols simultanously on the ground, every 20 seconds. apply quickness Sword blink/swap weapon /heal/ two autos with hammer. Add in heal from 4 symbols and perma protecion and aoe heal from water runes every 10 seconds. i use the heal every 12 seconds to keep quickness flowing.

Mix shaman and clerics and focus on burning, i have smoldering sigils and water runes in one setup (FB/virtues/honor).

This will also make tome of resolve pretty neat since you have plenty of healing power.

In the second i use Dire armor, durability runes and Seraph trinkets (FB/virtues/(valor/radiance)).

The lack of power is ofc some what bad when encountering single targets but with multiple targets it cuts thru everything.

I wouldnt go for celestial though, i have played those as well, in FB. I cant verify this with numbers but it believe Ashes of Just and full condi is better at surviving and killing. And with celestial you are more or less forced to trait honor imo.

The combination of lots of condi damage and healing/boon duration feels very rewarding in group fights as well.

> @"stone cold.8609" said:

> (PvE comments only) I am currently trying a power Firebrand with GS using zeal, radiance, and FB with high retaliation and quickness uptime. It looks promising so far. I will post details after I get more game time with it.

I'm actually brainstorming the same idea. I was thinking about going GS & Scepter/Torch. Maybe even throw in Sword of Justice in there with Eternal Armory equipped for some decent damage.

Hey guys I'm a bit undecided on my build. I'm mainly playing pve and maybe wvw ( i don't expect to perform well at all, mainly trying to get gift of battle). I'm currently going the carrion route with balth runes. With carrion armor and weapons, I'm sitting at around 16k which is fair i think. I find myself downing a lot with anything less than 15k. But I'm not sure what to do about trinkets/accessories? going full carrion there pushes me above 20k but that seems a bit much (?) is there a better stat?

I'm also unsure about my sigil choice, smoldering for torch, but idk what to put for axe. sigil of agony?

Also, does anyone know if weapon swapping sigils activate off of using our tomes?

work in progress http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf7ensADdBjFBDOCD8Dhl4BbPmeT3pVBgtU9yaD8CeUA-jxRAQBgS9HaqEMAnAAA8AAGkeAnp8LG7PAA-e

> @Naii.9810 said:

> Hey guys I'm a bit undecided on my build. I'm mainly playing pve and maybe wvw ( i don't expect to perform well at all, mainly trying to get gift of battle). I'm currently going the carrion route with balth runes. With carrion armor and weapons, I'm sitting at around 16k which is fair i think. I find myself downing a lot with anything less than 15k. But I'm not sure what to do about trinkets/accessories? going full carrion there pushes me above 20k but that seems a bit much (?) is there a better stat?

>

> I'm also unsure about my sigil choice, smoldering for torch, but idk what to put for axe. sigil of agony?

> Also, does anyone know if weapon swapping sigils activate off of using our tomes?

>

> work in progress http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf7ensADdBjFBDOCD8Dhl4BbPmeT3pVBgtU9yaD8CeUA-jxRAQBgS9HaqEMAnAAA8AAGkeAnp8LG7PAA-e

Hey there Naii, smoldering, agony, corruption and malice sigils are all good choices for a Firebrands weapon sigils.

I would suggest adding in some toughness perhaps even using something like trailblazers for toughness and expertise. As our health points scales poorly with vitality but toughness/armour scales just fine on the Firebrand.

In regards to Weapon swapping I actually don't think Tomes are considered as weapons as such. So therefore you will not get stacks of corruption, nor will you get the weapon swap benefits. See Tomes are considered like any other F ability except for the Elementalists attunement swaps. As they were always intended to be like the Elementalists other weapon.

I hope that helps you out Naii, many thanks for the interesting post. If I am wrong about the Tomes let me know. Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @"MojoGroove.8253"

>

> Sup again buddy I have found that playing support on the Firebrand can be of the utmost importance in WvW. One way I attained that is with minstrels gear, shouts for more condition clearing and rune of Leadership for boon duration. Keep Renewed Focus for Tome refreshing because it is key to how much support you can provide for your mates with Tor and ToC. Additionally Rune of Leadership cleanses aswell. The weapons are mace and shield plus staff. Superior Sigil of Life, Superior Sigil of Energy times two and then finally a singular Superior Sigil of Concentration. There is no real damage from this setup. Your role in a group is moderate healing, prevention from both power (Aegis and heals) and condition damage (resistance, cleanses and regeneration) plus projectiles. Deadeyes will still be a problem but you will atleast survive for long enough for your group to track em down and perhaps dispose of them. The main reason Deadeyes are still a problem is because of the unblockable and high burst attacks which are hard to react to in time.

>

> MojoGroove, I hope this helps you out in WvW. From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

The setup you describe is pretty much the tried and true the AH build with new firebrand toys. Works wonderfully.