Time zones daily

My home time zone is Arizona. When I travel to different time zones (e.g. Eastern), I want to be able to adjust my time zone so that I still can do the daily at the same time (i.e. 5 pam local time in the new times zone so that I can do my daily at 5pm local time (i.e. the same time as I do my daily at 5 pm AZ time.

You are actually in Mountain time not "Arizona" time zone.

you can always do the daily at the same time regardless of what "timezone" you are in. It really is just an illusion.

the time is static the only thing that is changing is your location and the location of the sun. The daily resets and goes down everyday at the same time.

I am confused. Just do the math yourself? :s

I live in central Europe, that means I am in the CET zone (Central European Time). With daytime savings, the server currently resets here at GMT+2, namely 2 a.m. East coast U.S. is six hours behind us, that means the reset there is at 8 p.m. (the previous day). You should have no problem doing the dailies at 5 p.m.

you can also set the time that is displayed in game for 'server time' in options that way you know at the end of the day it's reset for time wise. Also as people have said you can do something like have a world clock on your phone and display GMT/UTC along side your time zone so you can see out side of the game and know when to log on.

You can also set additional clock(s) to your (AZ) time, (or to Pacific Time or UTC) in Windows Date and Time. Then, you need only mouse-over Date and Time icon for that time no matter where you are. Actually, the main time it shows (AZ) should not change unless you change it. Could be especially helpful as AZ doesn't do Daylight Saving Time.

Think you are missing the OP's point. He wants to do the daily at 5pm based on the time zone where he is. Currently when he is in AZ his daily reset is at 5pm vs the 7pm central or 8pm eastern time zones. What I read from his question is that when he is in the eastern time zone, he wants to be able to do the dailies at 5pm eastern time which is 3 hours earlier than it is now and have it change based on a setting so that no matter what time zone he is in, it would be able to be done at 5pm local time.

Don't think that would ever be possible but that's how I ready his request.

> @"GODS Gordon.3426" said:

> My home time zone is Arizona. When I travel to different time zones (e.g. Eastern), I want to be able to adjust my time zone so that I still can do the daily at the same time (i.e. 5 pam local time in the new times zone so that I can do my daily at 5pm local time (i.e. the same time as I do my daily at 5 pm AZ time.

It is exceedingly unlikely that Anet will support localizing time zones. What are you trying to achieve with a difference of 3 hours?

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Well, he/she can do the Daily at any time within the 24 hours it is available. If he wants to do it at the same time (5 pm) in another time zone, he/she can, as long as he/she hasn't done it that day previously.

> Of course, there is no way to change when Daily reset happens, as that is global (00:00 UTC).

This.

Assume that the OP does his dailies in Arizona at 5:00 PM MST on Monday, then travels to the East Coast of U. S. At 5:00 PM EDT Tuesday, the daily is still not available, as the reset won't be until 8:00 PM EDT. So, he waits and does Tuesday's dailies on Wednesday at 5:00 PM EDT. He does not miss a day. He is on the East Coast for one week, then he returns to Arizona. Having done Sunday's daily at 5:00 PM EDT on Monday, he travels back to Arizona. Depending on his travel times, he could arrive in time to do Monday's daily sometime on Tuesday in AZ, but would have to deviate from his preferred 5:00 PM time. If willing to do this, he need not even miss a day, which is not bad for transcontinental travel.

Of course, there's also a requirement to work around the compulsion to do each day's dailies exactly at reset on that day.

The reset time is universal - it happens at the same moment for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or which region you play in. Which means it's at a different time for each time zone - for example it's currently at 1am for me and other UK players. When we switch back to GMT in the winter it will be at midnight.

There is no way for you to change that and it's highly unlikely Anet will ever change it because it's much simpler for them and all the systems in the game which use the daily reset to have everyone on the same schedule.

However, you can do the dailies at any time you like within that 24 hour period. The only reason you'd need to wait until after the reset to start is if you already did them the day before, and then you can do them at any time up to the next reset. So the only way the time difference would affect you is if you do the dailies at home one day and then that evening or the next morning travel to a different time zone and try to do them the day you arrive - if you've gone 1 time zone east the reset will be 1 hour later (local time). But I assume if you've done that you won't be following the same schedule you have at home anyway.

Absolute worst case scenario is when you travel you lose 1 day's worth of daily achievements because there isn't time with everything else you're doing to complete them both before and after the reset. And if that happens? It's just 1 day, do them tomorrow. Even the most hardcore achievement hunters miss a day sometimes.

> @"Bunter.3795" said:

> Think you are missing the OP's point. He wants to do the daily at 5pm based on the time zone where he is. Currently when he is in AZ his daily reset is at 5pm vs the 7pm central or 8pm eastern time zones. What I read from his question is that when he is in the eastern time zone, he wants to be able to do the dailies at 5pm eastern time which is 3 hours earlier than it is now and have it change based on a setting so that no matter what time zone he is in, it would be able to be done at 5pm local time.

>

> Don't think that would ever be possible but that's how I ready his request.

I thought that, too, but if the OP wants the resets moved to make it more convenient to one person I doubt that will ever happen. The current reset that affects everyone at the same time is more than fair.

> @"Bunter.3795" said:

> Think you are missing the OP's point. He wants to do the daily at 5pm based on the time zone where he is. Currently when he is in AZ his daily reset is at 5pm vs the 7pm central or 8pm eastern time zones. What I read from his question is that when he is in the eastern time zone, he wants to be able to do the dailies at 5pm eastern time which is 3 hours earlier than it is now and have it change based on a setting so that no matter what time zone he is in, it would be able to be done at 5pm local time.

>

> Don't think that would ever be possible but that's how I ready his request.

I read but there’s no benefit for ANet to rework the timing of the daily. He just needs to set a timer if he wants it at a fixed 24 hour schedule or certain time of the day and ignore the clock. Or just do it when he feels like it within the 24 hours. There’s no benefit that I’m aware of for doing it at a set time of day.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> The reset time is universal - it happens at the same moment for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or which region you play in. Which means it's at a different time for each time zone - for example it's currently at 1am for me and other UK players. When we switch back to GMT in the winter it will be at midnight.

>

> There is no way for you to change that and it's highly unlikely Anet will ever change it because it's much simpler for them and all the systems in the game which use the daily reset to have everyone on the same schedule.

>

> However, you can do the dailies at any time you like within that 24 hour period. The only reason you'd need to wait until after the reset to start is if you already did them the day before, and then you can do them at any time up to the next reset. So the only way the time difference would affect you is if you do the dailies at home one day and then that evening or the next morning travel to a different time zone and try to do them the day you arrive - if you've gone 1 time zone east the reset will be 1 hour later (local time). But I assume if you've done that you won't be following the same schedule you have at home anyway.

>

> Absolute worst case scenario is when you travel you lose 1 day's worth of daily achievements because there isn't time with everything else you're doing to complete them both before and after the reset. And if that happens? It's just 1 day, do them tomorrow. Even the most hardcore achievement hunters miss a day sometimes.

or you go on vacation and stop playing for a month ...

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > You are actually in Mountain time not "Arizona" time zone.

>

> Most of Arizona does not follow daylight savings, so it's actually reasonable to say that there *is* an "Arizona" time zone.

>

It is considered to be in mountain time without participating in daylight savings. You can call it whatever you want. I don't need to excuse what I said and you are welcome to disagree.

In other news daylight savings time should not even exist at this point.

> @"Bunter.3795" said:

...which, as you stated yourself, is impossible. Also, thanks for explaining - I didn't quite get what the OP's actual question was and thought they merely had issues doing the math. ;)

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> In other news daylight savings time should not even exist at this point.

...to which I agree. A survey is currently conducted in the EU to determine whether people want it abolished. I hope it will be.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > The reset time is universal - it happens at the same moment for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or which region you play in. Which means it's at a different time for each time zone - for example it's currently at 1am for me and other UK players. When we switch back to GMT in the winter it will be at midnight.

> >

> > There is no way for you to change that and it's highly unlikely Anet will ever change it because it's much simpler for them and all the systems in the game which use the daily reset to have everyone on the same schedule.

> >

> > However, you can do the dailies at any time you like within that 24 hour period. The only reason you'd need to wait until after the reset to start is if you already did them the day before, and then you can do them at any time up to the next reset. So the only way the time difference would affect you is if you do the dailies at home one day and then that evening or the next morning travel to a different time zone and try to do them the day you arrive - if you've gone 1 time zone east the reset will be 1 hour later (local time). But I assume if you've done that you won't be following the same schedule you have at home anyway.

> >

> > Absolute worst case scenario is when you travel you lose 1 day's worth of daily achievements because there isn't time with everything else you're doing to complete them both before and after the reset. And if that happens? It's just 1 day, do them tomorrow. Even the most hardcore achievement hunters miss a day sometimes.

>

> or you go on vacation and stop playing for a month ...

If you're on vacation sure. If you've been sent on a business trip solo and your options in the evening are to bring your laptop and hang out with your guild in-game or go to a bar and hope it's not too awkward (after a whole day of dealing with strangers) then stopping playing until you're back home isn't quite so appealing.