Superior Rune of the Scholar

DragonFury.6243

Generally, oneshots are considered a terrible game mechanic pretty much everywhere (aside from shooters, probably). And it doesn't matter how much "skill" it takes, or how many buttons. And just to be straight, pressing 5 buttons in 1 second (like on shatter mesmer) isn't THAT hard, like many would like it to appear.

All in all, oneshots suck. Epecially oneshots, which ignore the defensive mechanics. Like, using stealth is exactly what it is - in ideal situation you can't see the thief, or memer or soulbeast. You do not expect to be dodging anything anytime soon.

Even in case you have godlike reactions, and you dodge immediately after the first strike - you still take around 15k damage to the face, and dodge may be 5k of the rest of the burst chain.

And that's not only about oneshots. Ideally, in a fair pvp game - **every mechanic or strategy should have a fairly affordable and reliable counter-play**. Right now in GW2 the are a few mechanics, which have very little (if any at all) counterplay. Oneshots from stealth - just one example. Condi Mirage is another one.

Speaking on the topic, though, I don't see how raising health cap on Scholar would help. 90% hp is pretty risky even right now, and I would think twice and trice , before fitting it. But 100% - fuck it. People will just stop using it entirely and will put something else. For example, a 100% reliable "5% damage boost under effect of Might".

And then what? 20k burst turns into 19? Holy crap, the build is ded, am I right?

If you want to nerf thief you can say it up front, the devs will gladly remove some even more meaty pecentage of the dagger dmg just the they've already done few updates ago, the 10% situational dmg increase by the scholar rune would be dwarfed by another 15-20% permanent dagger dmg nerf, which already mostly hits like a wet noodle anyways. So be brave and say it out loud my man.

> @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> If you want to nerf thief you can say it up front, the devs will gladly remove some even more meaty pecentage of the dagger dmg just the they've already done few updates ago, the 10% situational dmg increase by the scholar rune would be dwarfed by another 15-20% permanent dagger dmg nerf, which already mostly hits like a wet noodle anyways. So be brave and say it out loud my man.

i dont care about teef what i care about is future of the game

imagine we get the 3rd expansion and you know for sure that ANET will make more powercreep to try and sell the expansion i dont want to give them more dmg with such an easy rune

TBH

i think we need to pre nerf and limit the future elites cuz i dont trust ANET in that

> @"Tiah.3091" said:

> Speaking on the topic, though, I don't see how raising health cap on Scholar would help. 90% hp is pretty risky even right now, and I would think twice and trice , before fitting it. But 100% - kitten it. People will just stop using it entirely and will put something else. For example, a 100% reliable "5% damage boost under effect of Might".

> And then what? 20k burst turns into 19? Holy crap, the build is ded, am I right?

we need to start at some point to address the bad mechanic

its a start. am I right?

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> we need to start at some point to address the bad mechanic

> its a start. am I right?

I think there are much better solutions.

I described a few examples in the thread with your video: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/52108/how-to-take-advantage-of-certain-profession-design-in-pvp-to-win-ez#latest

(never used this forum, so I'm not sure how do you link the post)

The question is, whether AN think the same or they just *"nerfbat -30% dmg"*, as usual.

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > If you want to nerf thief you can say it up front, the devs will gladly remove some even more meaty pecentage of the dagger dmg just the they've already done few updates ago, the 10% situational dmg increase by the scholar rune would be dwarfed by another 15-20% permanent dagger dmg nerf, which already mostly hits like a wet noodle anyways. So be brave and say it out loud my man.

>

> i dont care about teef what i care about is future of the game

> imagine we get the 3rd expansion and you know for sure that ANET will make more powercreep to try and sell the expansion i dont want to give them more dmg with such an easy rune

> TBH

> i think we need to pre nerf and limit the future elites cuz i dont trust ANET in that

If anet wants powercreep for the next expansion they will do it regardless of the multiplier of some rune. Besides, if you actually wanted to fix the powercreep one would asume you'll look in everithing thats broken, not only some niche power builds. I mean, d/p thief dmg nowadays is pretty much a joke even with scholar. I understand that DE triggers some people because it's stealth gameplay and it has high burst, but it also has weaknesses and it will never be meta for that reason. Now, power mirage is strong in good hands, no doubt about it, but that's an issue with the profession itself and the direction anet takes mesmer to, and trust me there are other equally if not even more ominous runes that work with them, they dont even need runes to insta down, lol. Same with slb. So tell me, how tweaking scholar runes this way will prevent powercreep again, besides giving another nerf to thief, cause they really need more nerfs, like they always did? #killthethief