ranger is an offensive profession

bara yaoi.3824

Why does ranger tame other animals and take them from their home in the grasslands and forcibly make them their pet??? Instead of domestiating animals and living alongside them they are taking them from CAPTIVITY and using them as puppets and meat shields to FIGHT for them.

this is a really bad message anet... why are you giving the player the option to do animal abuse??? animal abuse is not cute, please change this so rangers arent so mean to their pets !!!!!

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> This is only funny because of the irony inherent in the view point. I just hope that was intentional on the part of the OP..........

oh no i'd totally make a post of this topic seriously XD HAHA LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ranger is so offensive it shouldn't use animales as pets ;((

> @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> Why does ranger tame other animals and take them from their home in the grasslands and forcibly make them their pet??? Instead of domestiating animals and living alongside them they are taking them from CAPTIVITY and using them as puppets and meat shields to FIGHT for them.

Hmmm, maybe you have not noticed, but animals living free and wild in Tyria have a lifestyle that consists of standing around in a horrendously overpopulated, predator-heavy ecosystem, desperately trying to eat every adventurer who wanders close enough, and usually getting themselves slaughtered a few hundred times a day.

My pets came with me voluntarily, they were not subdued, trapped or mistreated in any way. They fight with me of their own free will. And if they didn't like it, they outnumber me hugely, and could easily kill and devour me while I sleep. Or just run away. You might notice the Ranger's lack of whips, chains, leashes, harnesses or muzzles for their pets.

My pets like to fight, and they like to win, and with me on their side, they win a whole lot more fights than their wild cousins.

Nice one if it's irony of being captive either way xD

Yeah we never think about what a "pet class" really means haha

We do take them out of the Tyrian ecosystem and maybe they live more comfortably. But now we are morally questionable for enslaving or taking advantage of possibly sapient creatures.

Although we can also assume they came with us willingly as partners. Perhaps Rangers with their Nature Magic make it less of a relationship that we IRL have with our pets, and more like true friends and companions (though the AI leaves something to be desired).

I don't like them too much, but maybe we can use Drizzt and Guenhwyvar as example.