Any new Power Reaper Benchmarks?

Oldirtbeard.9834

I was going to mess around with it on the Golem today. Was looking over the Chill we can add, and even though we have access to a lot, we could never have 100% Chill uptime.

I was going to see if replacing Sigils of Air with Sigils of Chilling would do anything. Sigil of Chilling adds 20% Duration.

Switching Warhorn to Focus for more Chill would probably be good too.

There's food as well for Chill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chocolate_Omnomberry_Cake and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghost_Pepper_Popper.

I honestly don't think doing any of this will increase DPS by much, it may lower it even, it just needs to be tested if it's worth gearing for Chill.

The Reaper's Onslaught change is confusing to me. It adds a straight up 5% increase to Critical Damage which is great, but the cooldown reduction part is odd. This Trait used to crush add fights, but now is focused on single target. It now reduces the cooldown of skills by 1 second with every Life Reap, which is the third attack of the auto attack chain. It sounds great reading it, but it really doesn't add much. At most it would allow a third use of Death's Charge when doing the Shroud rotation.

Aside from all of this though, I was very curious to see how Grieving gear works for Power Reaper. It might make taking Soul Reaping on Power Reaper a lot better. Reaper has access to several Conditions through Traits, but switching to Grieving gear would only be for one main thing. This would be for Dhuumfire. I'm wondering if the time auto attacking in Shroud with Grieving stats would be worth it with Dhuumfire. It might or might not be. It probably wouldn't be worth it, because you'd give up too many stat points for Power DPS. Dropping Blood Magic would also make Wells weaker, and you'd lose out on Life Siphon, etc.

I know a lot of this sounds like pointless testing, but it's just what ifs. If doing any of this could do an extra 1k-1.5k DPS it'd be worth it.

I wish they buffed Power Reaper more. :/

The issue is more that we see a will to make shroud a part of the dps tools of the reaper via _reaper onslaught_ but at the same time the shroud uptime was seriously hit when they changed _vital persistence_. In the end, the reaper does not have enough shroud uptime nor skills strong enough while in shroud to take use the shroud as a dps tool. Most of the time auto attack in shroud is even a dps loss. Which mean that aiming for the cool down reduction is a dps loss in itself.

As for _cold shoulder_, it would maybe improve GS auto attack which you do not want to use as a power dps most of the time. Does it benefit the infamous gravedigger? No!

The devs think highly of the dps of the reaper shroud, the issue is that this dps is not as high as they think nor is the shroud uptime. At the very best, the current shroud allow you to maintain an even dps with your out of shroud weapon skills but that's all. It does not cope with the fact that you can't use damaging utilities like wells nor do the shroud uptime allow you to steadily reduce your cool downs.

The GS will never be competitive as a power dps tool in raid, it's skill mechanisms are just to slow for that. The shroud could but suffer from an horrendous uptime and a lack of sheer dps. What I think would be the best solution to improve that would be to change 2 traits:

- _Close to death_: Now only improve shroud skill power damage by 20%. (exit under 50% requirement)

- _Soul comprehension_: grant you 1% life force when you receive some heal while in shroud. (which mean regen tic 1% lf every second while in shroud and other source also grant 1% life force)

Obviously these 2 traits force you out of soul reaping which mean you trade something for these.

In my tests the new Reaper's Onslaught gave me pretty much the same Shroud-DPS as I have on Dagger/Warhorn. I guess this is the maximum of what ANet thinks is acceptable considering the fact, that Shroud is a damage-shield.

Personally I think this is still too low as Blighter's Boon is still more viable in any non PvE scenario. And even Blighter's Boon is far away from overpowered.

If the issues is still that necro is deemed to be to tanky because of shroud there would be an easy fix for that. Significantly buff Strength of Undeath. The current damage modifier on this trait is just 5% this can easely be buffed to even 20% (maybe while in shroud only). This way using life force to survive means losing your damage modifier. This could still turn out to be to strong for a minor trait so moving it or rolling it into Death Perception might be in order.

reaper power damage seems fine to me, keeps up with most other dps classes save some specific encouters in raids where large hit box stuff just overwhelms. Had fun on fights even running axe second weapon for more mobility and range ability to keep up dps while running to target or standing still for mechanics

Before the slight buff, I was able to maintain 15k-16k dps with power-reaper with GS and Axe/Warhorn equipped, under realistic circumstances in Solo-Openworld-PvE.

(realistic circumstances means: No class-buffs, no food, only buffs you can reliably give yourself: 25 stacks might and as debuff 25 stacks vulnerability on an enemy and taking into consideration that you have to dodge a few times.)

Now it´s round about 18k-19k dps. In my opinion it´s a great buff and a good way in the right direction (adding more damage multipliers).

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

> Before the slight buff, I was able to maintain 15k-16k dps with power-reaper with GS and Axe/Warhorn equipped, under realistic circumstances in Solo-Openworld-PvE.

> (realistic circumstances means: No class-buffs, no food, only buffs you can reliably give yourself: 25 stacks might and as debuff 25 stacks vulnerability on an enemy and taking into consideration that you have to dodge a few times.)

>

> Now it´s round about 18k-19k dps. In my opinion it´s a great buff and a good way in the right direction (adding more damage multipliers).

Gonna require some evidence. Because in order to get 15-16k on power reaper you are quired to have SOME class buffs from other players. Even fully min maxed solo, a power reaper is around 10k.

Experimented a bit with griever's gear last week, this was the setup:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQFARjM0QLN2YDu1A7NWwFs4r4XcMGtBmAfAoBQAoFA-jxRAQBCc/BAcBAmqOguq+DBeAAnV5HbVCGAIBYX2lAw4Jein4JeiHFPdZXGPdZXGPxT8EPSBExyI-e

But ultimately abandoned it since I only got on par with berserker, around ~24-25k.

Already had the condi infusions in the gear, could probably get a bit more out of power ones but I lost interest before swapping.

> @Demoria.6745 said:

> Experimented a bit with griever's gear last week, this was the setup:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQFARjM0QLN2YDu1A7NWwFs4r4XcMGtBmAfAoBQAoFA-jxRAQBCc/BAcBAmqOguq+DBeAAnV5HbVCGAIBYX2lAw4Jein4JeiHFPdZXGPdZXGPxT8EPSBExyI-e

> But ultimately abandoned it since I only got on par with berserker, around ~24-25k.

>

> Already had the condi infusions in the gear, could probably get a bit more out of power ones but I lost interest before swapping.

If you want you can try [this hybrid thing](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR7YjM0QXNWdDu1A/NWwFMoBQAoFEfF/ijxoNQHYEA-jRSAQBnV5DBeAATV3QP2fIkKhAwFBoDHBgbqEsrq/EPIAYRCsqSVVVJFwi6tA-e) but in the end the dps will not be impressive..

> @FrostDraco.8306 said:

> > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > Before the slight buff, I was able to maintain 15k-16k dps with power-reaper with GS and Axe/Warhorn equipped, under realistic circumstances in Solo-Openworld-PvE.

> > (realistic circumstances means: No class-buffs, no food, only buffs you can reliably give yourself: 25 stacks might and as debuff 25 stacks vulnerability on an enemy and taking into consideration that you have to dodge a few times.)

> >

> > Now it´s round about 18k-19k dps. In my opinion it´s a great buff and a good way in the right direction (adding more damage multipliers).

>

> Gonna require some evidence. Because in order to get 15-16k on power reaper you are quired to have SOME class buffs from other players. Even fully min maxed solo, a power reaper is around 10k.

Okay, recording could be a problem but if screenshots are possible then I can give evidence.

> @FrostDraco.8306 said:

> > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > Before the slight buff, I was able to maintain 15k-16k dps with power-reaper with GS and Axe/Warhorn equipped, under realistic circumstances in Solo-Openworld-PvE.

> > (realistic circumstances means: No class-buffs, no food, only buffs you can reliably give yourself: 25 stacks might and as debuff 25 stacks vulnerability on an enemy and taking into consideration that you have to dodge a few times.)

> >

> > Now it´s round about 18k-19k dps. In my opinion it´s a great buff and a good way in the right direction (adding more damage multipliers).

>

> Gonna require some evidence. Because in order to get 15-16k on power reaper you are quired to have SOME class buffs from other players. Even fully min maxed solo, a power reaper is around 10k.

I´m sorry, lesson learned, next time I´ll execute my tests more properly.