"Here's A Crazy Idea..."

cyndelaq.7148

What would be a nightmare would be seeing a necro splitting his body into 3 parts (using life force) and each one going to a spot targeted by f2-4 keys, which then create a "darkness effect": players in the darkness area would find their screens go black, losing targets and only seeing the skill bar for as long as they are in the aoe. Certain traits might add blindness, fear, confusion, or chill conditions.

@"Virelion.4128"

I refer to them as monsters from the Mists because that's literally where they come from; that's literally what they are... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nightmare

I think that's what ANet was going for (dreams) but there's no subjective reality here. In GW2 Nightmares are, "evil spectral beings", that are literally born in the Mists. They come from the Mists and that's where Necromancers summon them from. There's nothing illusory about them as they are very real in GW2.

> @"cyndelaq.7148" said:

> @"Virelion.4128"

>

> I refer to them as monsters from the Mists because that's literally where they come from; that's literally what they are... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nightmare

>

> I think that's what ANet was going for (dreams) but there's no subjective reality here. In GW2 Nightmares are, "evil spectral beings", that are literally born in the Mists. They come from the Mists and that's where Necromancers summon them from. There's nothing illusory about them as they are very real in GW2.

>

What link does a necromancer have with the mists exactly? To my knowledge, the only profession that have any kind of link with the Mists is the revenant.