PvP Season 13 Starts August 28

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

Guilty as charged - once it was clear I probably didn't have the time to grind out the top 100 title, I reverted to just playing it safe to stay within the top 250 last season.

Also, thanks for the transparency on the return of duo queue. As an exclusively solo queuer, I predict the return of a great outcry against duo queue, regardless of the statistical outcome. A really effective duo can truly feel insurmountable, and players will likely retain an exaggerated memory of every time they are roflstomped by a strong duo.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can finally tank my rating to get a higher volume of matches and grind out ascended gear in peace! Woohoo!

Who needs titles or features or any semblance of a way to identify the skill tier of players with any sort of meaning or permanence?

Participation trophies for everyone! Now everyone will want to play and won't feel bad for playing too much or too poorly. What a great solution!

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> I can finally tank my rating to get a higher volume of matches and grind out ascended gear in peace! Woohoo!

>

> Who needs titles or features or any semblance of a way to identify the skill tier of players with any sort of meaning or permanence?

>

> Participation trophies for everyone! Now everyone will want to play and won't feel bad for playing too much or too poorly. What a great solution!

Exactly! If they doesn't replace the loss of titles with something else that hardcore players who actually care about pvp and leaderboard would enjoy to pursue, this might be the season where pvp players will truly quit.

I want to start out and say that I have an oldish account, but have not played since about two months after release.

I purchased GW2 and played it for a couple months, but have recently returned to the game and have found sPVP to be some of the most fun I am having in this game. I caught the last month of season 12 and placed in high silver and then pushed to gold 2. I am hoping to push into platinum this next season and was hoping to start pushing towards earning some of those titles as I continue to improve my play.

I've seen a lot in this thread that most people are saying that anyone who can earn one of these titles already has one, but what happens when new players join the game and don't have the same opportunity to earn these in-game rewards that have been retired?

Once I hit platinum the only realistic thing I can push towards now is Legend, but I only saw two people make it into Legend last season out of the 250 people that were on the in-game leader board for my region(?).

I know it doesn't mean a lot to a whole ton of people, but it was something for me to strive towards and to earn as I continue to grow if I was willing to put the time in, now it feels as though I won't have the opportunity to gain these rewards and I am being punished for starting to play this game/pvp so late in this game.

> @"zI Shadow Iz.7185" said:

> I want to start out and say that I have an oldish account, but have not played since about two months after release.

>

> I purchased GW2 and played it for a couple months, but have recently returned to the game and have found sPVP to be some of the most fun I am having in this game. I caught the last month of season 12 and placed in high silver and then pushed to gold 2. I am hoping to push into platinum this next season and was hoping to start pushing towards earning some of those titles as I continue to improve my play.

>

> I've seen a lot in this thread that most people are saying that anyone who can earn one of these titles already has one, but what happens when new players join the game and don't have the same opportunity to earn these in-game rewards that have been retired?

>

> Once I hit platinum the only realistic thing I can push towards now is Legend, but I only saw two people make it into Legend last season out of the 250 people that were on the in-game leader board for my region(?).

>

> I know it doesn't mean a lot to a whole ton of people, but it was something for me to strive towards and to earn as I continue to grow if I was willing to put the time in, now it feels as though I won't have the opportunity to gain these rewards and I am being punished for starting to play this game/pvp so late in this game.

But they already said they are looking to replace them, just not this season. Things get retired from games. New things coming.

> @"SPESHAL.9106" said:

> Why on earth would you bring back the one thing that corrupted results at high level pvp more than anything else. You literally had people with 80+% win rates because they could skew the matchmaking so bad by duo queing.

>

> The NBA shows you the corruption caused to a game when a couple high level players intentionally team up. In this game, it's even worse because the players/owners don't even have to give up salary/luxury tax to play together. There is no downside to ultra elite players teaming up and corrupting the whole match in GW2.

>

> The REAL SOLUTION was to bring back team que versus solo que. This makes it far more balanced and less miserable for those that can't team up with their friend when they want to play. For those arguing about que times....The fact that Anet can't make a game popular enough to support a team que and solo que speaks to a broader issue that should be addressed in PvP. It doesn't mean that the idea of separate team/solo ques is wrong. It's actually 100% logical and fair by ANY objective measure.

>

> The recent decisions by Anet are puzzling and unfortunate. Not only did they bring to the game multiple stealth/cc/burst builds that turn this game into a FPS...they are now ignoring the logic that PROVED in the past a big problem with duo que...just because a handful of elite players wanting to win 80-90% of the time complained.

>

> Sad!

The truth no one wants to accept. Sad indeed

Just because two players are in a discord chat together doesn't automatically make them perform 10x better. For the average players who duo que together, we're looking at a very small performance boost here.

Where you're really going to see an impact is when two top players que together and coordinate. But is it really that bad if two top players que together and make big plays? Maybe it is, but i think you should receive an advantage for wanting to meet other players and team up. It's natural.

> @"Undertaker.4368" said:

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" @"Gaile Gray.6029" guys when you do something about AFK players? It's like each 2nd match i have someone like this.

> They ruining all match.

>

No. This is not an eSport, this is a game designed for fun and entertainment, where players are trying to do their dailies on dead PvP system. If players do not feel like getting involved in PvP, it's not their fault for having to do a daily in a broken PvP. Besides, you must have noticed by now that players are randoms, and you are all alone. Let others do their dailies and get it over with fast.

After 10 placement, i'm not really motivated to go on... Same issues than usual, mostly unplayable matchs, people not fighting on point, people dying to thieves you down in 3 seconds. Even had a match where my team died quicker 4v4 than i did 1v4. But why not, actually it seemed my mates and opponents were " same level " , so i believed this was fair although frustrating

I however got 3 big issues for this season :

- MMR reset : i poped 400 rating lower than i usually do, i have some friends than poped 400 higher than they usually do. This cannot be happening on a 2 months season, period is too short, too many matchs are going to get ruined..

- Reaper : it ruins low level play. With all due respect, from what i saw, anyone can clim probably easily to 1300 by simply playing reaper, sitting on mid and spamming skills.

- Rewards : top250 rewards are still there i thought it was a bug. How shall it motivate players to cover a 200-400 less rating due to unluck on placement ?

• 3 weeks later...

I came back after a long break... Definitely not enjoying how necros have been nerfed. I have tried a lot of builds to play pvp but I fail miserably (in general I am a nub but I miss the old necro). Any good build for necro pvp at this episode? I am thinking seriously to quit for another 2-3 years lol.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > @"milego.4830" said:

> > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.

> > > > > > But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

> > > > >

> > > > > I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

> > > >

> > > > Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

> > >

> > > Tell me one player who bought mAT ”successfully” Not one managed to do it. So no. MAT is still the most prestigous title you can get so come with something better.

> >

> > I did not mean buying mAT titles. People need money as price motivation to invest time and effort in creating a team, improve and succeed. No one wants to invest a lot of time to get a gizmo and some gold because everyone has gold already. Even the old go4 was decent motivation with 100 bucks each week for first and monthly on top. They even removed gem prices.

>

> I disagree with the cash point. Look at wow, ever since the get go people cared about getting gladiator/r1 for unique titles. How is gw2 different?

What I could see possible is once a year price money tournament where the best 2? teams in EU and NA (don't know about china, I guess gw2 pvp is dead there) that won the most mATs get to fight against each other in some gaming event like before with price money on that tournament.

This way there would be a final goal to become the best gw2 pvp team in the world and a reason to form teams and it wouldn't cost anet that much money compared to the old pro league format.

> @"The Ace.9105" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > > @"milego.4830" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > > > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > > > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.

> > > > > > > But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

> > > > >

> > > > > Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

> > > >

> > > > Tell me one player who bought mAT ”successfully” Not one managed to do it. So no. MAT is still the most prestigous title you can get so come with something better.

> > >

> > > I did not mean buying mAT titles. People need money as price motivation to invest time and effort in creating a team, improve and succeed. No one wants to invest a lot of time to get a gizmo and some gold because everyone has gold already. Even the old go4 was decent motivation with 100 bucks each week for first and monthly on top. They even removed gem prices.

> >

> > I disagree with the cash point. Look at wow, ever since the get go people cared about getting gladiator/r1 for unique titles. How is gw2 different?

>

> What I could see possible is once a year price money tournament where the best 2? teams in EU and NA (don't know about china, I guess gw2 pvp is dead there) that won the most mATs get to fight against each other in some gaming event like before with price money on that tournament.

>

> This way there would be a final goal to become the best gw2 pvp team in the world and a reason to form teams and it wouldn't cost anet that much money compared to the old pro league format.

Committing a whole year for a tournament sounds incredibly dumb lol

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"The Ace.9105" said:

> > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"milego.4830" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > > > > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > > > > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.

> > > > > > > > But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tell me one player who bought mAT ”successfully” Not one managed to do it. So no. MAT is still the most prestigous title you can get so come with something better.

> > > >

> > > > I did not mean buying mAT titles. People need money as price motivation to invest time and effort in creating a team, improve and succeed. No one wants to invest a lot of time to get a gizmo and some gold because everyone has gold already. Even the old go4 was decent motivation with 100 bucks each week for first and monthly on top. They even removed gem prices.

> > >

> > > I disagree with the cash point. Look at wow, ever since the get go people cared about getting gladiator/r1 for unique titles. How is gw2 different?

> >

> > What I could see possible is once a year price money tournament where the best 2? teams in EU and NA (don't know about china, I guess gw2 pvp is dead there) that won the most mATs get to fight against each other in some gaming event like before with price money on that tournament.

> >

> > This way there would be a final goal to become the best gw2 pvp team in the world and a reason to form teams and it wouldn't cost anet that much money compared to the old pro league format.

>

> Committing a whole year for a tournament sounds incredibly dumb lol

Like you didn't do that already lol

We'll see what changes the on demand tournaments and swiss system brings to the game but if we had a once a year tournament we'd talk about 12 matches that you'd have to commit with this current system. It really isn't that much.

> @"The Ace.9105" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > @"The Ace.9105" said:

> > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"milego.4830" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > > > > > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > > > > > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.

> > > > > > > > > But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tell me one player who bought mAT ”successfully” Not one managed to do it. So no. MAT is still the most prestigous title you can get so come with something better.

> > > > >

> > > > > I did not mean buying mAT titles. People need money as price motivation to invest time and effort in creating a team, improve and succeed. No one wants to invest a lot of time to get a gizmo and some gold because everyone has gold already. Even the old go4 was decent motivation with 100 bucks each week for first and monthly on top. They even removed gem prices.

> > > >

> > > > I disagree with the cash point. Look at wow, ever since the get go people cared about getting gladiator/r1 for unique titles. How is gw2 different?

> > >

> > > What I could see possible is once a year price money tournament where the best 2? teams in EU and NA (don't know about china, I guess gw2 pvp is dead there) that won the most mATs get to fight against each other in some gaming event like before with price money on that tournament.

> > >

> > > This way there would be a final goal to become the best gw2 pvp team in the world and a reason to form teams and it wouldn't cost anet that much money compared to the old pro league format.

> >

> > Committing a whole year for a tournament sounds incredibly dumb lol

>

> Like you didn't do that already lol

>

> We'll see what changes the on demand tournaments and swiss system brings to the game but if we had a once a year tournament we'd talk about 12 matches that you'd have to commit with this current system. It really isn't that much.

Once a year sounds dumb at this state of the game. I'd like At's, and especially MAT's , to have more visibility in PvP environment first before going further.

When i'm logging in game, i do know who won the MAT and who were the 5 members, but that's it. I have no idea what build did they run, who were opponents, what were their rating, what was the map, what was the score,.. Not even talking about watching the finals, simply basic info.. And i'm pretty sure 80% of HotM have no idea ( and won't care) about who won it. That's rather problematic..

There needs to be more advertising regarding top level matchs before you can add some kind of all star 1 year tournament.

> @"Abazigal.3679" said:

> > @"The Ace.9105" said:

> > > > @"The Ace.9105" said:

> > > > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"milego.4830" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.

> > > > > > > > > > But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tell me one player who bought mAT ”successfully” Not one managed to do it. So no. MAT is still the most prestigous title you can get so come with something better.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I did not mean buying mAT titles. People need money as price motivation to invest time and effort in creating a team, improve and succeed. No one wants to invest a lot of time to get a gizmo and some gold because everyone has gold already. Even the old go4 was decent motivation with 100 bucks each week for first and monthly on top. They even removed gem prices.

> > > > >

> > > > > I disagree with the cash point. Look at wow, ever since the get go people cared about getting gladiator/r1 for unique titles. How is gw2 different?

> > > >

> > > > What I could see possible is once a year price money tournament where the best 2? teams in EU and NA (don't know about china, I guess gw2 pvp is dead there) that won the most mATs get to fight against each other in some gaming event like before with price money on that tournament.

> > > >

> > > > This way there would be a final goal to become the best gw2 pvp team in the world and a reason to form teams and it wouldn't cost anet that much money compared to the old pro league format.

> > >

> > > Committing a whole year for a tournament sounds incredibly dumb lol

> >

> > Like you didn't do that already lol

> >

> > We'll see what changes the on demand tournaments and swiss system brings to the game but if we had a once a year tournament we'd talk about 12 matches that you'd have to commit with this current system. It really isn't that much.

>

> Once a year sounds dumb at this state of the game. I'd like At's, and especially MAT's , to have more visibility in PvP environment first before going further.

> When i'm logging in game, i do know who won the MAT and who were the 5 members, but that's it. I have no idea what build did they run, who were opponents, what were their rating, what was the map, what was the score,.. Not even talking about watching the finals, simply basic info.. And i'm pretty sure 80% of HotM have no idea ( and won't care) about who won it. That's rather problematic..

>

> There needs to be more advertising regarding top level matchs before you can add some kind of all star 1 year tournament.

That's why we'll see what the new system brings us. If done right and if anet started caring about balance it could be a huge success.

> @"Abazigal.3679" said:

> Once a year sounds dumb at this state of the game. I'd like At's, and especially MAT's , to have more visibility in PvP environment first before going further.

> When i'm logging in game, i do know who won the MAT and who were the 5 members, but that's it. I have no idea what build did they run, who were opponents, what were their rating, what was the map, what was the score,.. Not even talking about watching the finals, simply basic info.. And i'm pretty sure 80% of HotM have no idea ( and won't care) about who won it. That's rather problematic..

>

> There needs to be more advertising regarding top level matchs before you can add some kind of all star 1 year tournament.

They should remove HotM alltogether and move everything to Lions Arch. The statues of the mAT winners, the FFA Arena, etc.. Incorporating PvP into the everyday lives of players that are unfamiliar with PvP as well. A lot of people dont even see those 2 little crossed swords at the top of the screen.

> @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > @"Abazigal.3679" said:

> > Once a year sounds dumb at this state of the game. I'd like At's, and especially MAT's , to have more visibility in PvP environment first before going further.

> > When i'm logging in game, i do know who won the MAT and who were the 5 members, but that's it. I have no idea what build did they run, who were opponents, what were their rating, what was the map, what was the score,.. Not even talking about watching the finals, simply basic info.. And i'm pretty sure 80% of HotM have no idea ( and won't care) about who won it. That's rather problematic..

> >

> > There needs to be more advertising regarding top level matchs before you can add some kind of all star 1 year tournament.

>

> move everything to Lions Arch. The statues of the mAT winners

Nice idea.

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> The pathetic state of PvP and all the excuses made for it are why I will never spend any money on this game again. Not that you care but Ive spent a ton of money on this.

Never spend any money on the game, but WILL spend every waking moment of your life making hilariously over dramatic posts on the forum.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > The pathetic state of PvP and all the excuses made for it are why I will never spend any money on this game again. Not that you care but Ive spent a ton of money on this.

>

> Never spend any money on the game, but WILL spend every waking moment of your life making hilariously over dramatic posts on the forum.

Nothing over dramatic about it. Just fact. You can pound sand.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

>

> My future desire (not happening this season) is to replace leaderboards rewards with rewards for reaching a tier. Then you're not punished for continuing to play ranked PvP. This does bring up the question of what motivates you once you hit the tier you feel you can reasonably obtain, but that should be up to making sure the pip rewards feel good enough to motivate you to keep playing.

>

> The duo-queue change is something we've been somewhat hesitant to bring back. It makes matchmaking at the high and low ends of the skill rating spectrum more difficult. Ultimately, it came down to the fact that most players have more fun queuing up with a friend. Regardless of the effect it has on competitiveness. So we're bringing it back and we'll see how it goes for the season.

You're 100% correct that people enjoy playing team-based games with friends.

While I'm excited for the return of duo-queue (I'll actually pvp again); I would also ask that you again re-visit the idea of a ranked team queue.

For example:

HOTS (blizzard moba) recently adjusted their team-league in hopes to get it more populated. (originally solo-queue was the really the only ranked system played)

So they opened "team league" up for parties of 1-5. You could choose to queue solo if you wanted, knowing you would be matched with groups ranging from 2-4 people.

This was HUGE for the game and team-league since the patch is now the most populated ranked system in HOTS.

It's been awhile since I've been able to group up with 4 other friends and queue ranked and try our best... and I dearly miss it.

It has nothing to do with wanting to "pug stomp", or "farm noobs" or anything liek that at all.

At it's core, 5v5 ranked is a team based competitive mode that actively prevents me from playing with a team, or my friends. Which I fully believe is something that should be avoided in an MMO.

Thanks for the feedback nonetheless and I hope we see the return of my loved ranked team queue in the future.