Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > >

> > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > >

> > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well

> >

> > A lot.

> > My entire guild for example, so as the entire top 100~250 players.

> > Edit - Those who own merciless seek for ruthless, and the ruthless ones seek for relentless.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/HcLqlhK.png "")

> >

>

> If you think ppl cared for titles i would call you as dumb as anet

Maybe noob ones not care.

People between 10~100 ranking certainly care.

We would care even more if titles were more suggestives, because people outside sPvP wont understand what the kitten "Merciless/Ruthless Legend" mean.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > @"milego.4830" said:

> > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > > >

> > > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

> > > >

> > > > If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

> > >

> > > Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.

> > > But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

> >

> > I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

> >

> > Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

>

> Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

Tell me one player who bought mAT ”successfully” Not one managed to do it. So no. MAT is still the most prestigous title you can get so come with something better.

As i told already, **skill rating is represented atm by crown, golden/silver/copper llamas, titles and badges.**

Crown and llamas are restricted to few guys (teamq people), so its not a big incentive.

Badges and titles are the incentive to soloq guys to get better, which represents 99,9% of the sPvP scenario.

Conclusion - Removing titles or badges is equivalent to kill 99% of the competitiveness.

mAT is fine and it's the last thing barely resembling a competitive scene we have in GW2 right now. They should also do a monthly best of five matches between the mAT winners from NA and EU, maybe on the weekend after the mAT. The matches would be hosted one month on NA servers, the other month on EU servers, to be fair about the ping.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

>

> My future desire (not happening this season) is to replace leaderboards rewards with rewards for reaching a tier. Then you're not punished for continuing to play ranked PvP. This does bring up the question of what motivates you once you hit the tier you feel you can reasonably obtain, but that should be up to making sure the pip rewards feel good enough to motivate you to keep playing.

>

Thank you for letting us know about this problem "hit title once".

I understand the idea, but if you fix "selling title" issue, then just few people will have top-title per a season. It's not a problem at all then.

Also after few seasons you can adjust titles, just rename old titles to "ex champion top3", and create new top-titles and make them more visible and shine!

Or make old title invisible but allow to the player to ping to chat his old title to prove if this person was "a top-champion" long time ago (like in WOW) "achievement ping"

It's like legendary weapon. It's so nice, and everyone want it. But it's very hard to achieve.

If soon or later all players will have it - will be "an inflation of respect".

To keep people motivated and reduce "inflation of respect" need just add more and better legendary weapon.

Same for top-titles.

Looks you seriously underestimate the critical impact of removing of titles.

I personally as many other players have the respect players with easy visible top-titles. If someone is a best player and it's visible by the title this is very serious and respectful and it's motivate people to reach this title as well to be a "king of the hill".

I play solo only, If you remove it then personally I have no motivation to play anymore. And many other people as well.

You MUST keep the serious and complex "long run target",

please consult with psychology experts about it.

Without "long run target" pvp game is pointless for huge amount of players.

> @"milego.4830" said:

> mAT is fine and it's the last thing barely resembling a competitive scene we have in GW2 right now.

Yes, but only 1% of sPvP play ATs.

**Everyone starts as a soloq player**, then are called to a team **if HIS SKILL GET RECOGNIZED**.

What could make a soloq guy recognized? Titles, badges and leaderboards.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> **Everyone starts as a soloq player**, then are called to a team **if HIS SKILL GET RECOGNIZED**.

> What could make a soloq guy recognized? Titles, badges and leaderboards.

>

In my opinion everything is a mistake. PvP should not be played alone, or with just a friend, it should be played in a team, just like developers design and test it in team. The fact that we play alone but with randoms for selfish rewards... it's not good mentality. We want our skill to be recognized, but we play solo feeling like gods, alone, in our little world behind a computer.

Now they remove titles... so much drama! Because in our little world we no longer have something to distinguish us as gods of playing alone but in a team.

I know it hurts, but here's the truth in my opinion: PvP should not be about farming and recognition for playing alone, it should be about having fun with friends using teamwork for some special PvP rewards.

Sadly, this game only sponsors our selfish and egocentric mentality that we are the best, when in fact we basically farm alone for some titles above characters. This does not mean that all the badges and titles and leaderboards mean anything, it only means that a player has a lot of time to do this mindless grind, and we all know it.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > **Everyone starts as a soloq player**, then are called to a team **if HIS SKILL GET RECOGNIZED**.

> > What could make a soloq guy recognized? Titles, badges and leaderboards.

> >

>

> This does not mean that all the badges and titles and leaderboards mean anything, it only means that a player has a lot of time to do this mindless grind, and we all know it.

"Time" don't give rating if you not win matches.

You must have time and also be skilled, this is how works the current system. "Time to win" was the pip system.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > > **Everyone starts as a soloq player**, then are called to a team **if HIS SKILL GET RECOGNIZED**.

> > > What could make a soloq guy recognized? Titles, badges and leaderboards.

> > >

> >

> > This does not mean that all the badges and titles and leaderboards mean anything, it only means that a player has a lot of time to do this mindless grind, and we all know it.

>

> "Time" don't give rating if you not win matches.

> You must have time and also be skilled, this is how works the current system. "Time to win" was the pip system.

Correction: "time to win **alone**". And do not make assumptions I did not win matches. I played my dailies and won. Unfortunately I do not enjoy playing so much alone, like you do. I enjoy having friends, unlike you.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > **Everyone starts as a soloq player**, then are called to a team **if HIS SKILL GET RECOGNIZED**.

> > > > What could make a soloq guy recognized? Titles, badges and leaderboards.

> > > >

> > >

> > > This does not mean that all the badges and titles and leaderboards mean anything, it only means that a player has a lot of time to do this mindless grind, and we all know it.

> >

> > "Time" don't give rating if you not win matches.

> > You must have time and also be skilled, this is how works the current system. "Time to win" was the pip system.

>

> Correction: "time to win **alone**". And do not make assumptions I did not win matches. I played my dailies and won. Unfortunately I do not enjoy playing so much alone, like you do. I enjoy having friends, unlike you.

AT is there for people like you.

How many ATs did you play?

I'm just sitting here wondering what the point will be now. I want something to aim for. Gear and skins aren't really a focus, because I don't like the PvP skins at all. I played for the rank and titles. I just want some sort of reward feeling for time spent like in all other game modes. If they don't add anything new to go for this season, then it's like why play it.

I hate how you guys always release, but say you have more plans for the future that you didn't have time to implement. This is said for literally every aspect of content in your game. Make worthwhile goals for your players to keep playing for.

Just going to wait for the patch notes. Maybe there is something new to go for. If there isn't, then it's back to other games.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > >

> > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well

> > >

> > > A lot.

> > > My entire guild for example, so as the entire top 100~250 players.

> > > Edit - Those who own merciless seek for ruthless, and the ruthless ones seek for relentless.

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/HcLqlhK.png "")

> > >

> >

> > If you think ppl cared for titles i would call you as dumb as anet

>

> Maybe noob ones not care.

> People between 10~100 ranking certainly care.

> We would care even more if titles were more suggestives, because people outside sPvP wont understand what the kitten "Merciless/Ruthless Legend" mean.

I am amazed by some people here. So technically if someone is not into titles, he is a "noob" and people outside sPvP don't honestly give much about what your title mean. They are focused on Chicken Commander, Armchair General, or similar titles that creative and witty, "Ruthless Legend" - so uncommon and unique, like it really takes a lot imagination to figure out what is that about or it's such astonishing title that requires applaud. Calm down a little bit will you?

:-1: for real? Are we still continue arguing about that I am so lonely ? must play with my friends who:

- are certainly way 2 naabs for AT

- are ‘too’ OP and bored for unranked (unless you get matched against some nice pro premade team and couldn’t even get 100 pts)

- left the game already for some reason and surely won’t come back just because team play will be allowed (which is available btw except in ranked)

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> In my opinion everything is a mistake. PvP should not be played alone, or with just a friend, it should be played in a team, just like developers design and test it in team.

Oh boy, developers made available and designed everything in the game for teams / squads which not necessarily means that you need to know and be a friend with everyone.

> The fact that we play alone but with randoms for selfish rewards... it's not good mentality.

Why? PvP is about competition, it is about being better than the others and not farming big chunk AI driven bosses which have a certain attack chain that you will learn after the third encounter. You know individual kitten skill which makes a difference ??‍♂️ *PvP*

> I know it hurts, but here's the truth in my opinion: PvP should not be about farming and recognition for playing alone, it should be about having fun with friends using teamwork for some special PvP rewards.

Having fun with friends is your goal? Go play in dungeons or go for a raid, fractal CM is also big fun for teams. ?? Some wvw roaming in team perhaps?

Geez you are going to be farmed in ranked if Anet ever decides to make available team play again. Literally 500-100 matches all day long :) have you seen a well organized team of 5 exp players palying together? Just check AT and you’ll understand the skill gap.

Have you ever considered that there must be a good reason why Anet is just ‘testing’ now with allowing duoQ again in high divisions?

> @"Senteliks.2360" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > > >

> > > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well

> > > >

> > > > A lot.

> > > > My entire guild for example, so as the entire top 100~250 players.

> > > > Edit - Those who own merciless seek for ruthless, and the ruthless ones seek for relentless.

> > > >

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/HcLqlhK.png "")

> > > >

> > >

> > > If you think ppl cared for titles i would call you as dumb as anet

> >

> > Maybe noob ones not care.

> > People between 10~100 ranking certainly care.

> > We would care even more if titles were more suggestives, because people outside sPvP wont understand what the kitten "Merciless/Ruthless Legend" mean.

>

> So technically if someone is not into titles, he is a "noob"

Technically yes.

If you even havent merciless legend, you are noob.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > @"pah.4931" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

> > >

> > > My future desire (not happening this season) is to replace leaderboards rewards with rewards for reaching a tier. Then you're not punished for continuing to play ranked PvP. This does bring up the question of what motivates you once you hit the tier you feel you can reasonably obtain, but that should be up to making sure the pip rewards feel good enough to motivate you to keep playing.

> > >

> > > The duo-queue change is something we've been somewhat hesitant to bring back. It makes matchmaking at the high and low ends of the skill rating spectrum more difficult. Ultimately, it came down to the fact that most players have more fun queuing up with a friend. Regardless of the effect it has on competitiveness. So we're bringing it back and we'll see how it goes for the season.

> >

> > Any chance in hell you're considering bringing team queue back? It sucks that my two brothers and I can't farm pips on the few nights we can play together...

>

> In a ranked competitive game there shouldnt be anything to farm except your rank and wins. This mentality of "needing rewards to enjoy something" 100% ruins any competive mentality.

then why are so many people against putting PIPS into unranked?

What you say may be true, but Anet designed it this way, not the players.

This game crams loot down your throat at every twist and turn, asking for scraps doesn't seem like a big deal to me.... And there shouldn't be anything wrong with making progress with friends, it should never be an option to "have fun with friends or grind my ass off", it should be one and the same.

> > @"pah.4931" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

> > >

> > > My future desire (not happening this season) is to replace leaderboards rewards with rewards for reaching a tier. Then you're not punished for continuing to play ranked PvP. This does bring up the question of what motivates you once you hit the tier you feel you can reasonably obtain, but that should be up to making sure the pip rewards feel good enough to motivate you to keep playing.

> > >

> > > The duo-queue change is something we've been somewhat hesitant to bring back. It makes matchmaking at the high and low ends of the skill rating spectrum more difficult. Ultimately, it came down to the fact that most players have more fun queuing up with a friend. Regardless of the effect it has on competitiveness. So we're bringing it back and we'll see how it goes for the season.

> >

> > Any chance in hell you're considering bringing team queue back? It sucks that my two brothers and I can't farm pips on the few nights we can play together...

>

> I never say never, but it's pretty unlikely. Our plan for supporting full teams is AT's. The main problem, as many point out, is that the dailies only happen 4 times per day. Our hope is that once On-Demand tournaments are released, teams will have a variety of ways to play together.

"teams will have a variety of ways to play together" - Will this mean we can have somewhere to practice before under taking events like AT?

And thankyou so much for the post, have been waiting so long for any sort of response in regards to team queues, it gave me the salts hanging out for this response.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> The duo-queue change is something we've been somewhat hesitant to bring back. It makes matchmaking at the high and low ends of the skill rating spectrum more difficult. Ultimately, it came down to the fact that most players have more fun queuing up with a friend. Regardless of the effect it has on competitiveness. So we're bringing it back and we'll see how it goes for the season.

>

> Makes sense. I have a feeling duo-queue will make games feel lame again @ higher levels. I'm ready to get crushed I guess.

>

> On a separate note - I recommend you check out the Guardian forum to see good ways to properly buff Dragonhunter. :)

Why not just find a duo partner? You can even queue in solo and then ask one of the players in that match if they want to duo? Thats how mmos work.

> My future desire (not happening this season) is to replace leaderboards rewards with rewards for reaching a tier. Then you're not punished for continuing to play ranked

I truly believe in a game like GW2 and how conquest is designed, this idea is the best direction in rewarded high end players.

It may also feel more rewarding and keep players coming back to play more matches

> @"Vallun.2071" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > The duo-queue change is something we've been somewhat hesitant to bring back. It makes matchmaking at the high and low ends of the skill rating spectrum more difficult. Ultimately, it came down to the fact that most players have more fun queuing up with a friend. Regardless of the effect it has on competitiveness. So we're bringing it back and we'll see how it goes for the season.

> >

> > Makes sense. I have a feeling duo-queue will make games feel lame again @ higher levels. I'm ready to get crushed I guess.

> >

> > On a separate note - I recommend you check out the Guardian forum to see good ways to properly buff Dragonhunter. :)

>

> Why not just find a duo partner? You can even queue in solo and then ask one of the players in that match if they want to duo? Thats how mmos work.

To be honest with you I like playing alone a lot. That's why solo-queue didn't bother me. I actually liked our solo-queue seasons a lot more.

If I want to be competitive again I'll most likely have to find someone solid to play with... The thing is, it feels hard to find solid duo-queue buddies. My understanding of our current MM system is that duo-queuing "boosts" your combined average MMR meaning you have a higher chance of ending up in a situation where you 2 have to carry super hard