• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> > > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > Auric Basin and Verdant Brink are far more active than any other HoT or PoF maps (LW maps not included). After the next expansion PoF maps will be completely dead and Auric Basin and Verdant Brink will still be active.

> > > > >

> > > > > PoF maps are the lowest point in map design. Empty deserts with tiny islands of boring content.

> > > >

> > > > HoT map design sucks and is not supported by the minimap. The only reason HoT is still viable is because of metas.

> > >

> > > I agree in regard to Tangled Depth. Auric Basin, Verdant Brink and Dragon stand are masterpieces from map design standpoint. Auric Basin and Verdant in particular, could be regarded as an MMO example of excellence in design of map flow and immersion.

> > >

> > > As for the mini map, it does not work well when there is any verticality. It is not a "HoT" exclusive problem. Though, the limitation in the mini map is not a reason or an excuse not to include verticality , as long as it adds value to the maps.

> >

> > I don't find obstacle courses or mazes as brilliant map design for an mmo. This is more in the genre of platformers or puzzle games. I find the HoT maps tedious and gimmicky.

>

> Auric Basin and Verdant Brink are not, by any stretch, mazes or even remotely confusing.

I said mazes or obstacle courses...… I didn't say every map was a maze.