Returning player with week old unanswered ticket [resolved]

I played pretty heavily at release (pretty high hours played for the time, commander tag, followed a WvW guild around a couple of servers, etc...) but took a 3 year break for a new baby, heavy work load, bought a house, became a grown-up... whatever. I didn't think I'd necessarily play again but kept my log in and other account info through a couple of moves.

A friend mentioned that he had been playing again for a while. I don't get to see him much as he lives in another country and more than 20+ hours away by car. Anyway, I thought coming back would be a good way for us to hang out. I looked for my account information but could not find it while I was trying to set up the game again. I thought I had used a specific email account when I originally set everything up but I kept getting a deny message and thought that the only way to restore the account was to provide my original game code (which I have, just didn't have them readily available at the time). So I made a new account and my wife was nice enough to add the expansions. I played through HoT story and vanilla story on a near exact copy of a character I played heavily on my old account in a little over a week or so. You'll never guess what suddenly appeared in a place I'd definitely looked. All of my account information from 3 years earlier.

1. I'm pretty sure account mergers aren't a thing, but boy I sure would like to keep my progression. Are mergers a thing?

2. If not, can I just scrap that new account and transfer my expansions to the old account with all my characters on it?

That's it. I've been waiting a week to get that answered.

Thanks

Ah! Yeah, I got a little antsy. And it was definitely a ticket volume thing.

The response I received today was that mergers are not a thing, but deleting the new account and using my old account for expansions is doable, but at the obvious loss of whatever progression I had made. Which is fine and that's what I will be doing shortly.

Thanks for reading :)