Power and precision benefit to condi soulbeast?? (Pve)

ballonsoo.7650

Most people don't take any defensive stats on any class outside of tanks in raids. And for ranger being primarily ranged you wont need to be tanking anything. So the extra power (more damage) and precision (more crit) just makes you all that much stronger.

I personally use Carrion (power vit condi) for open world, which if you want survivability that would be what I recommend. Plus some traits in Wilderness Survival. Toughness doesn't make much of a difference in most cases.

> @BlunterMonk.2089 said:

> Most people don't take any defensive stats on any class outside of tanks in raids. And for ranger being primarily ranged you wont need to be tanking anything. So the extra power (more damage) and precision (more crit) just makes you all that much stronger.

>

> I personally use Carrion (power vit condi) for open world, which if you want survivability that would be what I recommend. Plus some traits in Wilderness Survival. Toughness doesn't make much of a difference in most cases.

Condition ranger rotation is in point blank range though..

Also I believe open world need to run some defensive traits, it is raid which you don't need to run defensive trait cuz there're healers in each team.

Try running pure raid build in open world and you could die alot in open world while soloing events / veterans.

> @Razor.9872 said:

> As cSoulbeast I just use evades and debilitating condi's like immob to avoid damage. Things melt before they can damage you anyway.

Well, I have a pure dps condi Firebrand, and while it's doing massive damage, higher than any other classes, I do occasionally got spiked down by silver elites though.

I have to run Valor and grab Mediation to avoid getting one shot. Though I do tend to kill everything very quickly if I don't get spike down.

> @Aomine.5012 said:

> > @BlunterMonk.2089 said:

> > Most people don't take any defensive stats on any class outside of tanks in raids. And for ranger being primarily ranged you wont need to be tanking anything. So the extra power (more damage) and precision (more crit) just makes you all that much stronger.

> >

> > I personally use Carrion (power vit condi) for open world, which if you want survivability that would be what I recommend. Plus some traits in Wilderness Survival. Toughness doesn't make much of a difference in most cases.

>

> Condition ranger rotation is in point blank range though..

>

> Also I believe open world need to run some defensive traits, it is raid which you don't need to run defensive trait cuz there're healers in each team.

> Try running pure raid build in open world and you could die alot in open world while soloing events / veterans.

I shall agree you on this.. running open world would need abit more survivability :tired_face:

> @ballonsoo.7650 said:

> > @Aomine.5012 said:

> > > @BlunterMonk.2089 said:

> > > Most people don't take any defensive stats on any class outside of tanks in raids. And for ranger being primarily ranged you wont need to be tanking anything. So the extra power (more damage) and precision (more crit) just makes you all that much stronger.

> > >

> > > I personally use Carrion (power vit condi) for open world, which if you want survivability that would be what I recommend. Plus some traits in Wilderness Survival. Toughness doesn't make much of a difference in most cases.

> >

> > Condition ranger rotation is in point blank range though..

> >

> > Also I believe open world need to run some defensive traits, it is raid which you don't need to run defensive trait cuz there're healers in each team.

> > Try running pure raid build in open world and you could die alot in open world while soloing events / veterans.

>

> I shall agree you on this.. running open world would need abit more survivability :tired_face:

I don't think Dire armor is the way to go to be honest, it's TOO defensive. The reason the DPS meta is a thing is because the longer a fight takes, the more exposed you are to mob mechanics. Also, evading/dodging these mechanics is a 100% damage reduction, so you can simply avoid most of the damage you would take. Every time you evade or dodge damage, your defensive stats become more redundant. You can build around dodging more through vigor up-time and foods/traits that give endurance regen and Ranger has access to lots of evades on our weapons too.

This is why I play glass bow with DPS pets in the open world. Everything dies quickly and you have no requirement to be in harm's way, you can kite and DPS at the same time and dodge or evade damage. I'll swap to a tanky pet if fighting a champion. I only gear defensively for PvP formats and see no reason to do so for PvE.

If you are dying a lot in PvE, it is a sign that you have room to improve. Instead of building a lot more defensively, scrutinize your strategy, tactics and gameplay. Don't get frustrated by it, use it to improve. Defensive gear is a crutch that will not improve your play.