Anet, Please, Take Pity on Altoholics

Oenanthe.6549

I would be jumping for joy if they did something to connect the maps to the rest of the world. I do not need it since I put the pass in a shared slot anyway but many others do and it offends my sense of design to have part of Tyria that is not actually connected to the rest of the world. It would be like having to teleport to get between any 2 regions that are currently connected.

What I fear will happen is anet will bow to what makes them money and sell Lily passes on the gem store instead. While this will be a solution for some people it will by no means be the best one. Especially if you can not afford the pass.

edit: The way they are doing this is a break with design. In HOT the expansion was blocked off until one character did it but then any of your characters could get in. S3 is debatable because of Bitterfrost and teleport scrolls (although I would have liked to see them linked).

> @Menadena.7482 said:

> I would be jumping for joy if they did something to connect the maps to the rest of the world. I do not need it since I put the pass in a shared slot anyway but many others do and it offends my sense of design to have part of Tyria that is not actually connected to the rest of the world. It would be like having to teleport to get between any 2 regions that are currently connected.

To add to the offense, there is a tunnel from Ebonhawke to the Desert Highlands. The Desert Gate has been near Ebonhawke since launch, with NPC's that tell you the Crystal Desert is beyond, but too dangerous.

With the expac, they added Closed Passage, with an NPC to tell you that the passage is collapsed under rubble and no way exists to get through to Ebonhawke.