Nerf Incoming

Barnabus Stinson.1409

> @"Aetatis.5418" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > @"Barnabus Stinson.1409" said:

> > > With the recent changes, Reaper feels really good...So thats probably not gonna last. WHat nerfs do people see incoming?

> >

> > After playing it a few days I think we will see the numbers come down a bit. The feel and flow is right. It's a bunch of fun, but the damage numbers are a little high.

> > Right now anyone who is playing it knows full well it's overtuned.

>

> is it that overtuned tho? soul spiral probably, i agree - but the rest.

>

> look at holosmith

> almost perma quickness roaming/pvp builds available and autohitting for 2k-5k in photon forge.

> skill 2 in photon forge crits for 6k

> photon forge 3, 4 and 5 alltogether are weaker than reaper shroud 4+5, because soul sprial is the big outlier here _burst wise_... but the **cd is A LOT higher** too. (look at photon forge 3, 4 and 5... while reaper can burst once every 24 sec traited -> holo can every 6sec, 10 sec and 15sec... by alternating them even more often)

>

> any difference to reaper dmg-wise? not really, right? (plus active defenses on holo and a lot more sustain than reaper).

>

> reaper can be countered "pretty easy" (in comparison!!) - by avoiding soul spiral, which is inherently easier to avoid than many other professions skills, because reaper is a spec with an incredible low amount of gap closer and high cooldowns.

> "well overtuned" is not what i would call it. imo it's more like nobody is used to avoid reapers damage, when fighting them solo or in small groups (2-4).

>

Not *that* overtuned, no. Like I said... 5% reduction here or there would put it more in line with other specs. The quickness is a really great buff. I really like the way reaper plays right now, it's a complete blast, and not just for the overtuned numbers. It's the reaper we always wanted and I am thrilled.

Is Holo different than reaper?

yes.

Holo is absolutely busted and needs some pretty significant nerfs in my mind. If the devs disagree and don't swat it a little soon then the power creep is real. It and Axe Warrior both need a pretty big nerf

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Aetatis.5418" said:

> > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > @"Barnabus Stinson.1409" said:

> > > > With the recent changes, Reaper feels really good...So thats probably not gonna last. WHat nerfs do people see incoming?

> > >

> > > After playing it a few days I think we will see the numbers come down a bit. The feel and flow is right. It's a bunch of fun, but the damage numbers are a little high.

> > > Right now anyone who is playing it knows full well it's overtuned.

> >

> > is it that overtuned tho? soul spiral probably, i agree - but the rest.

> >

> > look at holosmith

> > almost perma quickness roaming/pvp builds available and autohitting for 2k-5k in photon forge.

> > skill 2 in photon forge crits for 6k

> > photon forge 3, 4 and 5 alltogether are weaker than reaper shroud 4+5, because soul sprial is the big outlier here _burst wise_... but the **cd is A LOT higher** too. (look at photon forge 3, 4 and 5... while reaper can burst once every 24 sec traited -> holo can every 6sec, 10 sec and 15sec... by alternating them even more often)

> >

> > any difference to reaper dmg-wise? not really, right? (plus active defenses on holo and a lot more sustain than reaper).

> >

> > reaper can be countered "pretty easy" (in comparison!!) - by avoiding soul spiral, which is inherently easier to avoid than many other professions skills, because reaper is a spec with an incredible low amount of gap closer and high cooldowns.

> > "well overtuned" is not what i would call it. imo it's more like nobody is used to avoid reapers damage, when fighting them solo or in small groups (2-4).

> >

>

> Not *that* overtuned, no. Like I said... 5% reduction here or there would put it more in line with other specs. The quickness is a really great buff. I really like the way reaper plays right now, it's a complete blast, and not just for the overtuned numbers. It's the reaper we always wanted and I am thrilled.

>

> Is Holo different than reaper?

> yes.

> Holo is absolutely busted and needs some pretty significant nerfs in my mind. If the devs disagree and don't swat it a little soon then the power creep is real. It and Axe Warrior both need a pretty big nerf

that sounds a lot more reasonable :3