Will Glyph of the Unbound make it faster to get LWS3 ascended trinkets?

BlueJin.4127

I want to get the ascended trinkets from LWS3, which require Unbound Magic and 2ndary currencies. Will I naturally have all the UM I need by the time I have all the 2ndary currencies I need? Or would I still need to farm more UM by the time I have all the 2ndary currencies? I'm a casual who only has 60g so it'll take me a while to afford the Unbound Glyph, and even then, I can only get one. I would really like to know if it's worth it before I invest in it.

EDIT: Edited for clarity.

None of gathering tools are worth it. They are juts convenient item. UM, VM etc just have a bonus, that can get you pocket change.

Depends on what are you getting for bitterfrost. I had some issues with VM back in the days, when went for ring, earring, back item.

Nowadays I juts like Linken said. I buy bundles and sell the mats.

It's really hard to say as it depends upon the individual and how they adventure. My advice is to see how you go, if you find you've almost got enough map currency but are relatively behind on the unbound magic, then you might think about getting one, but if not I wouldn't worry. I have Unbound magic tools and personally I think they're great, however if I was buying the tool set now I would perhaps get the Volatile Magic set, but it's very difficult to say; it really is up to personal preference.

> @"BlueJin.4127" said:

> I want to get the ascended trinkets from LWS3, which require Unbound Magic and 2ndary currencies. Will I naturally have all the UM I need by the time I have all the 2ndary currencies I need? Or would I still need to farm more UM by the time I have all the 2ndary currencies? I'm a casual who only has 60g so it'll take me a while to afford the Unbound Glyph, and even then, I can only get one. I would really like to know if it's worth it before I invest in it.

>

> EDIT: Edited for clarity.

Aside from Winterberries, the other currencies are the choke point and you will likely have all the UM you need if you're doing each of the LWS3 maps regularly for the currencies.

The benefit of the glyphs is that the UM count continues to rise even when you're in other zones. I have the UM and VM sets and they're great. I get bored running the same maps over and over, so it's nice to always have sufficient UM/VM. If you don't mind sticking around the LW maps, doing achievements and events will see your UM/VM count rise much more quickly than using the glyphs elsewhere.

I bought the UBM gathering tools and it is an investment I have not regretted. I always have a surplus of UBM in my wallet and can use it to buy Obsidian shards if I don't want to farm Silver Wastes. In addition, you need 20,000 UBM per full trinket set so it really speeds up the acquisition time because no matter where in the world you are, you are also gathering UBM.

I would also recommend shared inventory slots for the UBM. That way, all your slots can gather UBM for you. And if you want to kit out all your alts with the trinkets, get the hone instance nodes, especially the blood ruby and pearl ones. Pearl gives 9 pearls a day, so I convert 5 to UBM and bank the rest. Easy boost to UBM.