revenants are ruining pvp (along with cheese guard w/ judge's intervention)

incisorr.9502

> @"Crystal Paladin.3871" said:

> > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > >

> > > > It's more about the Soulbeasts that don't die but somehow are able to hit for 22k in seconds using their longbow from 1500 range.

> > >

> > > A soulbeast hitting you that hard with a longbow is not running the tanky boonbeast build. Their ability to not die is entirely predicated on mobility, likely with GS 3 and/or the owl merge f1. They're basically thieves with less stealth and no ports/blinks.

> > >

> >

> > Wrong, one of them told me they have permanent protection uptime, pared with weakness and their passive they can survive twice the burst a revenant can put out. I literally used shackling wave and unrelenting assault on one who was standing still and I couldn't even get him under half hp with that burst.

>

> So... What you're saying is, they should die instantly when you press two buttons even if they run toughness and protection build??? And did the above mentioned soulbeast down you solo??? Or did he run away after that??? Or did you kept fighting him until his teammates arrived???

1. Do you need to talk with that many question marks? it's obnoxious

2. Should a toughness and protection build be hitting for 22k in seconds?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > > @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > > > > I have to agree that there are too many teleports in this game which are too spammable also. It makes a lot of builds (for example ranged builds) useless. I'd rather give leaps to certain classes instead of teleports.

> > > >

> > > > Ranged should be able to get countered it's already worse enough that there are no port spots where ranged classes have free damage on classes like Sword/dagger weaver revenant or warrior

> > >

> > > There are no ranged classes in the meta, except maybe scourge but I wouldnt really count that as it is more node-dmg oriented. Deadeye is just aids but mostly because of its stealth. Ranged dmg can easily be countered by LoS and projectile defenses. A ranged build that needs to stand still on a non-port spot all the time to be somewhat effective is useless anyway.

> >

> > It's more about the Soulbeasts that don't die but somehow are able to hit for 22k in seconds using their longbow from 1500 range.

>

> Youre just the same as most other inexperienced players on the pvp forums. They always highlight 1 irrelevant non-meta build as an argument. Longbow sic'em soulbeasts are a 1 trick pony basically. Fun to play, can be somewhat effective in soloQ, do high dmg if you dont dodge. They have nothing to do with this discussion. There simply arent meta ranged builds, except for maybe deadeye due to their stealth. Ranged is just not good in general due to all teleports and leaps and other gap closers. Take a look at other ranged weapons and then come back.

That wasn't my point tho, I'm not crying about those builds at all you completely misunderstood me, wich I'm not surprised by since the average forum user has a low ass IQ. OP wants teleports gone so I replied why they shouldn't ever leave, because ranged builds.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> imagine thinking that SCEPTER mirage is supposed to not die to core guard

>

> staff = chaos armor/storm

> chaos armor/storm = protection(and aegis)

> protection = counter to burst dmg/classes like guard-thief-revenant

>

> scepter = none of that

>

> kids all over this game non-stop talking about how scepter is a duelist weapon when it is not because you have no boons unless you run chaos and even then it's still worse than staff - chaos and you lose a ton of damage to run chaos which is the exact opposite of what you want to do with scepter

>

> imagine thinking you know anything about gw2 or classes you don't play and going around to talk about it when you don't know what you're saying

>

> imagine using illusory ambush and taking yourself seriously lmao. RNG teleport dodge ( means you have no control over where it puts you ) that does nothing but give you a half a second iframe and an infinite horizon proc, which by the way only became meta because of me in the first place. The difference between mirage ambush( infinite horizon proc) is that the projectiles of the illusions and yourself are not instant and can be easily reacted to and the damage is not power damage so it can be cleansed before it even does damage

> illusory ambush is only good on greatsword mesmer and i'm not talking about gs mesmer cus its just another power build which is almost as braindead and as overpowered as the three here in question but it's still worse cause it needs to be melee range for shatters and illusory ambush doesn't put you in shatter range to your enemy and is a garbage ability in comparison

>

> imagine making a statement like

> > Imagine playing scepter Mirage and have the stomach to actually complain about any other class in the game.

> which mentions scepter which means that you're implying that scepter mirage is somehow better than other mirage else you would just say mirage so since you specified scepter your point revolves around the scepter itself

> imagine trying to imply that SCEPTER mirage (boon-less class) is "op" and can't complain about other classes, that just goes to show how clueless you are but then again what do you expect from a core guard main player who isn't even legendary

>

> i managed to get grandmaster in another game which took me a few hundred hours to grind while also maintaining my legendary status in gw2 while barely playing the last few weeks cus i simply didn't care much but i did it anyway cus i actually know how to play the game unlike people who write biased stuff and defend garbage mechanics cause its the only thing keeping them semi-relevant

>

> if you had to beat Connor McGregor in a boxing match it would be harder than if you just had to toss a coin and have a 50% chance of winning so you can see how unskilled players want the game to be more simplified and reduced to require no skill cus when it requires no skill it drags down the better players and what they can do

Dude, it's absurd ... I do not think you do not come to the forum to give your opinion, but this is crazy in every way ... You complain about rev teleport when you're main mesmer and forget to mention the 2 of scepter , yes, a block of 2 sec with counterattack of 4,5sec of cd that applies torment, creates copies and can be chained with chimeric layer :) but that is not op in these days of gw2 :) I hope the developers are consistent at least with this type of post. Health

> @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > > > @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > > > > > I have to agree that there are too many teleports in this game which are too spammable also. It makes a lot of builds (for example ranged builds) useless. I'd rather give leaps to certain classes instead of teleports.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ranged should be able to get countered it's already worse enough that there are no port spots where ranged classes have free damage on classes like Sword/dagger weaver revenant or warrior

> > > >

> > > > There are no ranged classes in the meta, except maybe scourge but I wouldnt really count that as it is more node-dmg oriented. Deadeye is just aids but mostly because of its stealth. Ranged dmg can easily be countered by LoS and projectile defenses. A ranged build that needs to stand still on a non-port spot all the time to be somewhat effective is useless anyway.

> > >

> > > It's more about the Soulbeasts that don't die but somehow are able to hit for 22k in seconds using their longbow from 1500 range.

> >

> > Youre just the same as most other inexperienced players on the pvp forums. They always highlight 1 irrelevant non-meta build as an argument. Longbow sic'em soulbeasts are a 1 trick pony basically. Fun to play, can be somewhat effective in soloQ, do high dmg if you dont dodge. They have nothing to do with this discussion. There simply arent meta ranged builds, except for maybe deadeye due to their stealth. Ranged is just not good in general due to all teleports and leaps and other gap closers. Take a look at other ranged weapons and then come back.

>

> That wasn't my point tho, I'm not crying about those builds at all you completely misunderstood me, wich I'm not surprised by since the average forum user has a low kitten IQ. OP wants teleports gone so I replied why they shouldn't ever leave, because ranged builds.

Sure. All you mentioned in your post was that soulbeast build and that its able to do so much damage. An exaggerating that. It was a whiny post about 1 specific build. You replied to me, not to the OP. Dont blame others for not understanding your point if you dont put any effort in to explaining it.

Teleports shouldnt be gone. Some say theres just an overabundance of them, which is not an unreasonable statement.