[Suggestion] New Specializations Ideas

> @"runeblade.7514" said:

> I would like to see Necromancer become a Vampire Count/Blood mage Elite spec that centers around life stealing. Their mechanic is that they no longer uses Death shroud form but instead they have a larger health pool(50% more hp). However, their f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 cost health to use. It will be a high risk high reward kind of class or it can be a tanking class due to their high hp.

>

> Their weapon will be a sword because Vampire Counts look cool with swords.

I was thinking about either Shield or Sword for the **Death Knight** so I kept it on hold before writing it up. Also, as Linken said, with the currently available MH weapons for Necromancer, a Shield just wouldn't fit.

> @"Linken.6345" " said:

> My only complaint about the death knight is I cant really see one with the only 1h weapons necro have is dagger, scepter and axe neither are what I see infront of me when confronting a knight.

A mechanic around spending Health for skill usage sounds pretty neat and fits well into a Necromancer's role; well thought! Having _Stances_ as an utility would fit this nicely. Also, with a Sword main we can think of mobility attacks like an Evade and a Leap which the necromancer lacks of.

> @"Frenzify.6832" said:

> I'll be honest, I saw your role for the Thief spec Swashbuckler, and laughed at the idea of a tanking thief. It was rude, and I'm sorry but I truly don't think that will ever be a thing.

and some ppl thought humans would never take too the sky and now we've gone beyond it. just because you can't come up with a way to make it work doesn't mean someone else wouldn't

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Frenzify.6832" said:

> > I'll be honest, I saw your role for the Thief spec Swashbuckler, and laughed at the idea of a tanking thief. It was rude, and I'm sorry but I truly don't think that will ever be a thing.

>

> and some ppl thought humans would never take too the sky and now we've gone beyond it. just because you can't come up with a way to make it work doesn't mean someone else wouldn't

And I understand that, but it's just so outside of the idea of the Thief and even how they work in game that even if it was implemented, I don't believe it would work well. As Nash said before, they're a ridiculously squishy class. Patching their squishiness with an elite spec feels like it would be a spec to make them a jack of all trades and a master of none.

> @"Frenzify.6832" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Frenzify.6832" said:

> > > I'll be honest, I saw your role for the Thief spec Swashbuckler, and laughed at the idea of a tanking thief. It was rude, and I'm sorry but I truly don't think that will ever be a thing.

> >

> > and some ppl thought humans would never take too the sky and now we've gone beyond it. just because you can't come up with a way to make it work doesn't mean someone else wouldn't

>

> And I understand that, but it's just so outside of the idea of the Thief and even how they work in game that even if it was implemented, I don't believe it would work well. As Nash said before, they're a ridiculously squishy class. Patching their squishiness with an elite spec feels like it would be a spec to make them a jack of all trades and a master of none.

who said it had to be a thoughness/vitality tank? i mean thief isn't that squishier then a mesmer (in similar gear) and they're the go to tank and bunker ele was a thing at one point

One thing you don't touch on is the class mechanic, which is one of the biggest part of new elite specs, how they change the class mechanic. For example, I've thought Bard would be a cool idea too, and it would be neat if their class mechanic were "songs" which would function like Ele attunements. You activate one, and that becomes your active "song" which provides AOE buffs/debuffs. Now, which class a mechanic like that would go to and function with the current mechanic and associated traits? I don't know.