[SC]'s 08/28/2018 benchmarks for Soulbeast.

Lunateric.3708

Soulbeast has a total of 5 builds that were benchmarked for this patch:

* Power Sword/Axe

* Power Axe/Axe

* Power Dagger/Axe

* Condition SB/SB

* Condition Dagger/Torch

I think it's safe to say Soulbeast as a whole is getting more build variety with this patch. Two points I would personally like to see more on the next balance patch would be: **further improvements on mainhand dagger, IE coefficient buffs to dagger 2, further improving auto 2, 3 and 4** and **less dependency on Sic 'Em through more synergistic traits**, it's too big a of a skill and that isn't healthy imo. Condition soulbeast isn't a top pick for condi builds but the answer to that I leave to people more familiar with it.

Thanks a lot for the work put into this, it is much appreciated. I believe it's important to highlight that some include stanceshare while others do not, at least in the discussion of how worthwhile these builds are, it's a pretty big point imo that people who are not familiar with the builds might overlook.

> @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > @"Soilder.3607" said:

> > > ... in the most important and most populated (by far) game mode,...

> >

> > uh? from when raids is the most _populated_ content? Did i miss something here?

>

> I think it's somewhat obvious OP means PvE.

Sic 'Em and Attack of Opportunity really limits the build outside of Golem tests and single target bosses though.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > > @"Soilder.3607" said:

> > > > ... in the most important and most populated (by far) game mode,...

> > >

> > > uh? from when raids is the most _populated_ content? Did i miss something here?

> >

> > I think it's somewhat obvious OP means PvE.

>

> Sic 'Em and Attack of Opportunity really limits the build outside of Golem tests and single target bosses though.

Sic 'Em doesn't have a target cap though. Attack of opportunity doesn't either. What does it have to do with single target?

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> That's not 5 meta builds, that's 2 meta builds with some weapon variations.

>

> Semantics, I know, but still. They're all basically identical so it's worth noting for people that come in thinking they'll see a ton of variety and playstyle variance.

Like in any MMO where skills are tied to weapons, changing a weapon already alters the build to be considered different. They all play differently even though the elite spec is the exact same.

> > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > > > @"Soilder.3607" said:

> > > > > ... in the most important and most populated (by far) game mode,...

> > > >

> > > > uh? from when raids is the most _populated_ content? Did i miss something here?

> > >

> > > I think it's somewhat obvious OP means PvE.

> >

> > Sic 'Em and Attack of Opportunity really limits the build outside of Golem tests and single target bosses though.

>

> Sic 'Em doesn't have a target cap though. Attack of opportunity doesn't either. What does it have to do with single target?

>

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > That's not 5 meta builds, that's 2 meta builds with some weapon variations.

> >

> > Semantics, I know, but still. They're all basically identical so it's worth noting for people that come in thinking they'll see a ton of variety and playstyle variance.

>

> Like in any MMO where skills are tied to weapons, changing a weapon already alters the build to be considered different. They all play differently even though the elite spec is the exact same.

> @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> Eh.

> Same build, different Auto Attacks when it comes to Sword vs Dagger.

> The MH axe being close to either is pretty cool though.

This is more what I meant by it.

> > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > > > @"Soilder.3607" said:

> > > > > ... in the most important and most populated (by far) game mode,...

> > > >

> > > > uh? from when raids is the most _populated_ content? Did i miss something here?

> > >

> > > I think it's somewhat obvious OP means PvE.

> >

> > Sic 'Em and Attack of Opportunity really limits the build outside of Golem tests and single target bosses though.

>

> Sic 'Em doesn't have a target cap though. Attack of opportunity doesn't either. What does it have to do with single target?

>

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > That's not 5 meta builds, that's 2 meta builds with some weapon variations.

> >

> > Semantics, I know, but still. They're all basically identical so it's worth noting for people that come in thinking they'll see a ton of variety and playstyle variance.

>

> Like in any MMO where skills are tied to weapons, changing a weapon already alters the build to be considered different. They all play differently even though the elite spec is the exact same.

Attack of opportunity only applies to your next attack, but they fixed Sic 'Em so its a buff on yourself? Why does it still need a target?

> @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > Sic 'Em doesn't have a target cap though. Attack of opportunity doesn't either. What does it have to do with single target?

> A Target's needed for the portion of the skill that Reveals for a few seconds.

Ah of course. Still feel like it should be an AoE reveal around you.

> @"Soilder.3607" said:

> Look at that. Five meta soulbeast builds in the most important and most populated (by far) game mode, in addition to the sacred Druid. And yet the forum warriors still cry a river over this class.

>

> Thank you for these benchmarks.

nobody cries about ranger in pve its been good for a long time, (lol most important) ya ur one of those

thanks for the dps checks thats pretty cool axe mh is a solid choice.

as cool as it is to se dagger work on a power build due to preds cunning, I really wish they would either A add a burst (maybe make skill 2 due a solid burst instead) Or add a defensive skill once maybe a block or daze on skill 2 ( i mainly pvp but i suppose a daze would good for pve too and just makes sense as dagger could have more synergy with its minor trait)