Next Elite Spec: Buccaneer

RockDemon.3627

Yeah this doesn't really sound like an elite spec for thief. It seems more like a way another class would play with thief mechanics imo. Like one that currently doesn't have access to dagger, pistol, or rifle. One example would be a warrior with pistol access with this and it also feels kind of like its an ele too so it might be good for the next warrior elite spec.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Sure, you could say that's the feel I was going for - a variant of "bruiser" thief. Just with a pirate flavoring, and changing some mechanics. I tried to focus on areas I personally would like to play (movement-oriented skills, different choices for stealth, etc). Which we have some of those currently, but getting some fresh options would be better.

@ dellion.9714

I like the thought of offering lightning fields because of the leap-daze combo. As thief is a lightning-pace reaction and counterattack based class and I want to maintain that property, offering different options for interrupt seems ideal.

@ Klypto.1703

I described some of these skills compared to other abilities within GW2 as well as various other games and pop culture over the last 20+ years. Yes some comparisons are made to other classes' abilities because they felt thief-like to me. How sweet would a ninja thief pirate be? I kind of like how you described that in a way - I agree I jumped around a bit with this spec. Bear in mind you can't use all of these abilities and traits simultaneously. I tried to offer diversity for numerous unique build outcomes. Plus, I put in some "situational" or even "just for fun" slots which the devs & community could take or leave depending on popularity.