Sand savant PvP / WVW

Tom Hsiao.9705

I’m quite confused about what’s the point to use sand savant trait anymore since it INCREASE the cool down by 100%!!!????

Never have I seen any skill traits line INCREASE cooldown instead of decrease it!!! And nerf the sand shade uptime from 20 sec to 10 sec in PvP & WVW?????

I didn’t play necromancer for a while and recently decide to play again and realize I can’t even have a sand up 100% of the time and with sand savant trait you’re looking at a huge downtime!!

Perhaps I’m a noob with scourge but seriously what’s the point to select santd savant trait now?? Why do I still see other scourge pick that? Is there something I’m missing or they just pick something up from metabattle without reading the skills?

Personally I didn’t even feel like scourge was even that op why the big nerf? I kill them easily with my elemengalist with diamond skin... they are like roaming free bags. I think every class there is always counter so what’s with big nerf anyways lol!???

It is still a must for wvw because of the size and target increase. The recharge increase just means that you cannot spam f1 as you use to. It takes some getting use to, but you'll get there eventually. Also there has been a shift away from condition scourges, since they also nerfed Dhuumfire to have an icd of 5 seconds. Power is superior to condi now, though many still use the blood support scourge.

> @"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:

> I’m quite confused about what’s the point to use sand savant trait anymore since it INCREASE the cool down by 100%!!!????

> Never have I seen any skill traits line INCREASE cooldown instead of decrease it!!! And nerf the sand shade uptime from 20 sec to 10 sec in PvP & WVW?????

>

> I didn’t play necromancer for a while and recently decide to play again and realize I can’t even have a sand up 100% of the time and with sand savant trait you’re looking at a huge downtime!!

>

> Perhaps I’m a noob with scourge but seriously what’s the point to select santd savant trait now?? Why do I still see other scourge pick that? Is there something I’m missing or they just pick something up from metabattle without reading the skills?

>

> Personally I didn’t even feel like scourge was even that op why the big nerf? I kill them easily with my elemengalist with diamond skin... they are like roaming free bags. I think every class there is always counter so what’s with big nerf anyways lol!???

without sand savant your shades have a 900 range+180 radius=1080 range

with sand savant your range increase to 1200 what is really important for wvw pirate ship meta where Revenants and eles have ranges of 1200-1440 for massive dmg skills. on 1080 you would simply die instantly if you try to attack. with the 1200 range you are way more safe while casting.

also the 5 target number on sand savant allow you to spike faster. with small shades you Need to cast 2 small shades (what Need 1 sec) instead of 1 (Need 1/2 sec cast) until you can hit 5-6 Targets. so you hit faster a greater number of People with greater shades.