Getting back to mesmer after a break

Wowbagger.3176

Hi!

Getting back to mesmer after not having played the class since HoT release. Getting back now I notice a lot of the class is a lot different, and obviously there's a whole new elite spec.

I'm looking to play all parts of the game, PvE (mostly fractals and open world), WvW (zerging more than solo roaming) and probably a bit of PvP too. Without going in to too much specifics, do you have any tips on how I should develop my mesmer skills? Right now I'm feeling quite lost in, especially in WvW and PvP. Found some builds on metabattle which seem good but I'm still quite unsure of how I should play the class and what my role should be. I'd like to be able to support more than play solo.

Hope some of you could give some tips despite my quite unclear description.

For PvP and WvW, Mirage is the best specialization, whereas for PvE, Chronomancer is the best specialization. Core power mesmer and power Mirage are good for open world PvE, but for fractals and raids, support Chronomancer is just as needed as a Druid. In fact, Chronomancer is so strong that it can be played in every single raid boss due to the amazing support.