Match Ranking

maxan.7836

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> Why duoq doesnt have any special treat ? They have insane advantage over SOLO players , yet , that matchmaking almost always put 2 duoq together in same team giving them an INSANE advantage ... just why ?

This has been asked and answered several times already - Ben told us in another thread (that I'm too lazy to look up) that premades (which I assume include duo queuers) don't do significantly better than solo queuers. I don't remember if there was discussion of whether or not the significance of being in a premade changes as your ranked tier changes, but that's pretty much the only aspect of this discussion worth having at this point.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > Why duoq doesnt have any special treat ? They have insane advantage over SOLO players , yet , that matchmaking almost always put 2 duoq together in same team giving them an INSANE advantage ... just why ?

>

> This has been asked and answered several times already - Ben told us in another thread (that I'm too lazy to look up) that premades (which I assume include duo queuers) don't do significantly better than solo queuers. I don't remember if there was discussion of whether or not the significance of being in a premade changes as your ranked tier changes, but that's pretty much the only aspect of this discussion worth having at this point.

>

>

Exceptional bs , played few games with a friend and in both we barely could carry games only because of cooperation in voice chat ,otherwise 100% we wouldnt have won those games . Higher skill of those players - higher impact from duoq...thats obvious

> >

> > Can we look at how fast decay works?

> > We start decaying after two days of no ranked play.

> > For example say someone plays on Sunday, but doesn't play until Friday. That's about 4-5 days of no ranked play; 2-3 days of actual decay.

> > In that period, we lose roughly a full tier's worth (this is moreso for those at higher ranks).

> >

> > I haven't played ranked in maybe 4 days? I'm close to dropping to silver, starting from plat 2.

> > I think the decay rate is very high. Maybe it's still using the old tiers where we had diamond before plat->legend?

> > Playing ranked PvP is a nuisance when most of the time I'm trying to regain from decay. I understand that the lost points from decay comes back quickly, but at -400 decay we have to play at minimum 3-4 games until we start climbing again.

>

> Again, that's because of the ridiculously short seasons. The decay NEEDS to be aggressive because seasons are too short, that's also why volatility is REALLY high right after and during placements, because season is so short it struggles to place you correctly, so it needs to be more volatile at the start.

You're right about seasons lasting so shortly.

It's not like Anet balances the game after every season. We could go for 3~4 seasons a year and hopefully Anet fine-tunes balance (which I think would be easier than to do 2 major updates a year).

Rewards in PvP is already high enough that a nerf like this wouldn't be too substantial. Maybe a slight increase in tickets earned, but imo, PvP has the best reward to effort ratio.

> @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> This has been asked and answered several times already - Ben told us in another thread (that I'm too lazy to look up) that premades (which I assume include duo queuers) don't do significantly better than solo queuers. I don't remember if there was discussion of whether or not the significance of being in a premade changes as your ranked tier changes, but that's pretty much the only aspect of this discussion worth having at this point.

>

>

I am curious what percent of the top 25 on either region are soloqueuing.

I'm willing to bank on near 0.

> @"Reikou.7068" said:

> > @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

>

> > This has been asked and answered several times already - Ben told us in another thread (that I'm too lazy to look up) that premades (which I assume include duo queuers) don't do significantly better than solo queuers. I don't remember if there was discussion of whether or not the significance of being in a premade changes as your ranked tier changes, but that's pretty much the only aspect of this discussion worth having at this point.

> >

> >

>

> I am curious what percent of the top 25 on either region are soloqueuing.

>

> I'm willing to bank on near 0.

>

>

2 accounts top10 on eu belong to soulboon (what a good build kappa),also from top10 another soulbeast soloq'ing (eu) .Others probably duo

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > Oh, and before I get a long list of requests to look up specific matches, I can't spend all day doing that. ;)

> >

> > Can't it be implemented IG? There would be less complaints about matchmaking.

>

> We've talked about it. There are a lot of concerns with increasing toxicity, even if we show it only after the match. I do want to get at least the pre-match average displayed eventually.

what? information is the key to pvp.

i don't believe that people will get more/less toxic the more/less info they get. toxic players are toxic. period. for the masses (which are the players not voicing every brainfart) every information is mandatory.

speeking of such and since so many are complaining about population, how about ditching out some numbers? i really am curious and i bet thousands of others are too.

and to be honest i don't think pointing out low population numbers would make it worse... if that's the case your holding this info back

like show on league window how many players are in the actual league because why the funzies not??

To be honest you can't use a system designed to rank players in a 1v1 game and expect it to work in a team game. Biggest problem is you have many players playing at either way to high, or way to low of an MMR. You can look at average MMR for a match and it means absolutely nothing when it comes to measuring actual skill levels.

I've seen former pro players get a string of trash teammates and drop like 200 points down near plat1. Is that where they belong? Not a chance, and that's how and why MMR means absolutely nothing in this game.

> @"Rufo.3716" said:

> I've seen former pro players get a string of trash teammates and drop like 200 points down near plat1. Is that where they belong? Not a chance, and that's how and why MMR means absolutely nothing in this game.

That's what many said. Actually, it could mean something, but placement games and short seasons make it too volatile , frustrating for unlucky players , and anyone will agree the gold division ( especially the 1300-1500) is completly random in terms of player level. That actually concerns many games , not only GW2.

The system would be great for a huge population, and an active population, but i'm sure players in average do 15 games/week, so it only benefits for top players since they basically remain there usually without experiencing the trouble of having no impact on unwinnable games.