How the story's gonna end

Clyan.1593

OK so I'm seeing the topic of candidates here and to be honest I honestly think anyone with a sufficient knowledge whether it be natural or or over time probably counts as a candidate. Basically they have to be capable of controlling and retaining control when absorbing such a huge amount of magic.

Putting this to one side however I can think of at least one candidate who may still exist in Cantha, the lesser dragon Kuunvaang https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kuunavang

as well as one other character who we have not really heard anything of since his few notes on experience what being human is like and that is Razah https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Razah

Jumping forward however it is also worth noting that while two Elder Dragons are slumbering again, the Sons of Svanir as well as the Flame Legion are still a thing and while the Inquest are indeed still very visible I do feel that those two factions may exploit sleeping dragons. There is also the Nightmare court or whats left of it but I honestly can't even remember what happened to it after HoT.

And just touching on the whole Malyck, I still say Anet should just do a rebirth of Dungeons. They tell good stories, they are functionally good. Unlike Fractals and Raids they are extremely pick up and play, equally they can be used to fill a role the others can't. They just need some TLC, you go do them now and in my opinion at least they do scream the feeling of neglect, which I find very sad. Especially when you consider if you do them well enough they are still ok in terms of what you get back.

> @"Genesis.8572" said:

> As said, don't be surprised if the Pale Tree gets floated as a possible candidate for replacing an ED. People speculate that her original seed was likewise purified by the Forgotten and that Ronan found this cache of purified seedlings. But we can move Aurene to Kraalkatorik for absorbing his magic, but it's not as if the Pale Tree, as far as we know, can relocate to better absorb ED magic. She may be on a leyline already. She may have already absorbed some magic from Zhaitan and Mordremoth, but if that is the case, we have not seen any signs as of yet that she has.

>

> But who would be after Aurene and a hypothetical Pale Tree? Possibly other dragons from GW1? Who knows? And therein likely resides a core problem of future storylines.

>

The Pale Tree in the role of a preserver of magic balance? Hm, this seems a risky idea for me. The Silvary are already treated with reserve because now everyone knows they are (were designed as) Mordremoth minions. A Pale Tree in a role of Elder Dragon will turn the Silvary in Pale Tree's minions (and not childs). Even more distrust - they can even blackmail the other races.

And the danger of the Nightmare Court - if they succeed even once in they plans of eliminating the Pale Tree the balance of magic is again broken. So, the Pale Tree must live in an inaccessible place protected from any treat. But without hers help, the Silvary race will disappear. I don't think the Pale Tree will accept this sacrifice.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > @"Genesis.8572" said:

>

> > As said, don't be surprised if the Pale Tree gets floated as a possible candidate for replacing an ED. People speculate that her original seed was likewise purified by the Forgotten and that Ronan found this cache of purified seedlings. But we can move Aurene to Kraalkatorik for absorbing his magic, but it's not as if the Pale Tree, as far as we know, can relocate to better absorb ED magic. She may be on a leyline already. She may have already absorbed some magic from Zhaitan and Mordremoth, but if that is the case, we have not seen any signs as of yet that she has.

> >

> > But who would be after Aurene and a hypothetical Pale Tree? Possibly other dragons from GW1? Who knows? And therein likely resides a core problem of future storylines.

> >

>

> The Pale Tree in the role of a preserver of magic balance? Hm, this seems a risky idea for me. The Silvary are already treated with reserve because now everyone knows they are (were designed as) Mordremoth minions. A Pale Tree in a role of Elder Dragon will turn the Silvary in Pale Tree's minions (and not childs).

what's the difference? besides the way they got treated by mordremoth there isn't really a difference (except pale tree is their mom and mordremoth is their grand dad)

>Even more distrust - they can even blackmail the other races.

this will be the case no matter who you put in that position and the pale tree doesn't seem like the type to do that

> And the danger of the Nightmare Court - if they succeed even once in they plans of eliminating the Pale Tree the balance of magic is again broken. So, the Pale Tree must live in an inaccessible place protected from any treat. But without hers help, the Silvary race will disappear. I don't think the Pale Tree will accept this sacrifice.

>

that's just false. we know from hot that the ED of plants can't be destroyed by physical attacks only by mental attacks which the nightmare court have been trying for years so what makes you think they'll succeed now. besides i doubt that there won't be an enemy faction that tris to take down the new EDs no matter who becomes them

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> The Pale Tree in the role of a preserver of magic balance? Hm, this seems a risky idea for me. The Silvary are already treated with reserve because now everyone knows they are (were designed as) Mordremoth minions. A Pale Tree in a role of Elder Dragon will turn the Silvary in Pale Tree's minions (and not childs). Even more distrust - they can even blackmail the other races.

And? So what? We are literally working with a plan that comes from Glint, who was a champion of Kraalkatorik, and we are hoping to replace an elder dragon with an actual dragon who is a grandsire of Kraalkatorik.

I would not be surprised if the final endgame magic balance is Aurene plus 5 different measures based on each player race.

Sylvari would use the Pale Tree.

Asura, particularly the inquest, have long been researching manipulation of dragon energy and magic. They would likely develop some grand piece of technology to regulate a dragon's worth of energy as their contribution. Maybe Taimi is the ghost in the machine that makes it fully function.

The humans may see a return of the six to harness a dragon's worth themselves or bestow the equivalent of godhood on a mortal for this purpose. We might expect Jennah, who is already crazy powerful, the queen, and has lived a psychic encounter with a dragon, or Kaz because of her devotion to the gods and strong sense of morality.

The fire nation, I mean flame legion, have already been looking into ways to achieve godhood themselves. Unveiling these rituals may provide a plot device for the same approach outlined for humans. Trained by Glint in the ways of the mists, I'd expect this to fall to a transcended Rytlock.

Norn? Braham somehow. Redemption arc already firmly in place to allow for maturity and eventual self sacrifice in this vein. I'm not sure of alternatives or exact approach. Maybe it could be distributed among the various spirits of the wild somehow.

The commander? They are still needed to make sure everything works, to carry on the good fight, and to protect the new status quo.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > @"Genesis.8572" said:

>

> > And then we discover that it was the PC from GW1 who became the new God of War all along.

>

> Doubt it, if only because then they would need to settle on a canonical version. It could be a character from GW1, though. Morgahn, maybe? I don't remember seeing anything in PoF about what happened to him.

Wouldn't be the first MMO to choose a cannoical version of a game series character, without the fans choice.

Look at what they did when they made the MMO version of Star Wars knights of the old republic (Star Wars ToR).

Male or female characters could be created, but when ToR came out they made the main hero from the first games, cannoically male.

Sometimes companys will settle on a default version of their interpretation of the hero, regardless of the fact it originally didn't have a set gender/race/class etc.

Really depends.

But I still think this is heavily doubtful.

Perhaps they will make it so that it was more that just one main hero in GW1, and have like 4 of them of different races and genders and have statues of them and stuff.