Rune set to use in WvW - Scourge

Turk.5460

> @Drekor.5217 said:

> > @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > > @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

> > > I'm thinking Celestial might be a better option than Trailblazer for Scourge.

> > >

> > > I dislike full condi builds for zerging in WvW as there are times when you try to tag downed or single target opponents but they often die very quickly with so many players hitting them and you only have time to sneak in one attack. Power builds do enough damage in one hit to tag the target for a bag. Condi builds...no you miss many tags by not doing enough auto damage.

> > >

> > > And for the Celestial build, I'm choosing Pack runes to mix-max the stats as well as place emphasis on swiftness duration as I experience mostly guilds that run closed raids and I don't get many boons from the zerg. Got to generate my own swiftness which is very important in keeping up with the zerg and positioning myself during engages.

> > >

> > > [**Build link here.**](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7kjGorXsmGw3GgtXsIMYUVhsQvKKAUuWA631+6fF-jVyCQB+Y/Bb+AAAwBBoTq/MvjAwhUCKIdDfR5HCuAABAOA2d30tuB7u7u7u7uV3d3d3d3d3d3d3SBMpGM-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7kjGorXsmGw3GgtXsIMYUVhsQvKKAUuWA631+6fF-jVyCQB+Y/Bb+AAAwBBoTq/MvjAwhUCKIdDfR5HCuAABAOA2d30tuB7u7u7u7uV3d3d3d3d3d3d3SBMpGM-w")

> >

> > Celestial literaly nerfs your dmg by 50%

> >

> > a Trailblazer + Viper mix gives prety much the same self sustain + WAAAAAAAAAY more dmg both power and condi

> >

> > no cele 600+ Healing power that it gives DOES not worth anything... i tested it and im sad how much time i wasted on geting celestial stuff from WvW... its Horrible compared to the Trail + Viper mix......

>

> Keep in mind expertise borders on useless in WvW because of cleanses...

I would say it depends. It works for roaming and it can work in zerks.

And for celestrial it will most likely be suboptimal in any build without bloodmagic. For the healing power to be useful you want traits/skills with good scaling coefficents like transfusion (which i consider really strong on scourge) or life siphon (though dagger is kinda meh).

> @Drekor.5217 said:

> > @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > > @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

> > > I'm thinking Celestial might be a better option than Trailblazer for Scourge.

> > >

> > > I dislike full condi builds for zerging in WvW as there are times when you try to tag downed or single target opponents but they often die very quickly with so many players hitting them and you only have time to sneak in one attack. Power builds do enough damage in one hit to tag the target for a bag. Condi builds...no you miss many tags by not doing enough auto damage.

> > >

> > > And for the Celestial build, I'm choosing Pack runes to mix-max the stats as well as place emphasis on swiftness duration as I experience mostly guilds that run closed raids and I don't get many boons from the zerg. Got to generate my own swiftness which is very important in keeping up with the zerg and positioning myself during engages.

> > >

> > > [**Build link here.**](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7kjGorXsmGw3GgtXsIMYUVhsQvKKAUuWA631+6fF-jVyCQB+Y/Bb+AAAwBBoTq/MvjAwhUCKIdDfR5HCuAABAOA2d30tuB7u7u7u7uV3d3d3d3d3d3d3SBMpGM-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7kjGorXsmGw3GgtXsIMYUVhsQvKKAUuWA631+6fF-jVyCQB+Y/Bb+AAAwBBoTq/MvjAwhUCKIdDfR5HCuAABAOA2d30tuB7u7u7u7uV3d3d3d3d3d3d3SBMpGM-w")

> >

> > Celestial literaly nerfs your dmg by 50%

> >

> > a Trailblazer + Viper mix gives prety much the same self sustain + WAAAAAAAAAY more dmg both power and condi

> >

> > no cele 600+ Healing power that it gives DOES not worth anything... i tested it and im sad how much time i wasted on geting celestial stuff from WvW... its Horrible compared to the Trail + Viper mix......

>

> Keep in mind expertise borders on useless in WvW because of cleanses...

you overestimate how much people cleanse in WvW

as a player that's main gold income is WvW farm i can freely say that more then 50% of the times your condis not get cleansed at all.... lol ALLOT of times i just see the enemy running around and my condis just freely ticking on them till the full duration ends.......

also without expertise what i experienced is that with almost 0 condition duration most of the scourge condis end so fast they barely do enough dmg to any player that uses their brain and try to somewhat avoid your shades...

since i gone from Cele to Trail+Vipe i can feel some serious dmg increase in wvw