For the record....

wardorf.8629

I enjoy PvP ALOT! That's an understatement. I'm not great, but I do know how the system works, and know how to play each game efficiently. (Take note, I said efficiently.) When I reached level 20, and was able to compete though. It became less "fun". Not sure how everyone else got to level 20, to play in the ranked games, but I had to, learn from my mistakes, and find the right build for me. (Obviously, EVERYONE has to go through that process. No one is "ELITE" from the get-go.)

Before reaching level 20, it was rather enjoyable doing the unranked PvP, because everyone is trying to learn, and level, to be able to "COMPETE". However, once I started competing, I noticed that many players get very angry when, in random queue, they get placed with fresh new players, and are not winning. They name-call, put the players down, rather than take lead, organise, and try to gain as many points possible. I don't get angry. I let the new players know where to go, target what's supposed to be destroyed/done, and can honestly say the teams come out victorious 60% of the time.

Lately, when I get teamed with negative players, and will continue to do so, I switch characters, and watch them LOSE as a spectator. I truly believe there is no sense to the negativity. It makes new players nervous, and if they have any doubt about their toons abilities in PvP, they get crushed. I also whisper the BULLY to let them know I did it on purpose so I can watch them lose. On a few occasions, I've convinced the ones insulted, I prefer the term "BULLIED" because let's face it, that's EXACTLY what it is, to also suffer the penalty, and watch the bully lose.

This is not a rant. I just want to go on the record, and formally warn you "ELITISTS". Your BS, will cost you the win if I'm on your team.

EDIT: Here's some smart advice. If you do not want to risk losing, don't go in "random queue"

"Lately, when I get teamed with negative players, and will continue to do so, I switch characters, and watch them LOSE as a spectator. I truly believe there is no sense to the negativity. It makes new players nervous, and if they have any doubt about their toons abilities in PvP, they get crushed. I also whisper the BULLY to let them know I did it on purpose so I can watch them lose. On a few occasions, I've convinced the ones insulted, I prefer the term "BULLIED" because let's face it, that's EXACTLY what it is, to also suffer the penalty, and watch the bully lose."

Earn their respect by doing your best. If you perform well, you won't hear anything and probably do some ezpz wins with them.

But If you do what you mentioned, you'll be a sh1tter for eternity.

This behavior of AFKing if you don't like another player is not acceptable. **That's match manipulation** and we have more than enough trouble without it. PvP is a mean and nasty endeavor. Just learn to give it back.

It's interesting that you mention teaming. Yes.. team queue and duo queue are a bane to PvP in my opinion.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> This behavior of AFKing if you don't like another player is not acceptable. **That's match manipulation** and we have more than enough trouble without it. PvP is a mean and nasty endeavor. Just learn to give it back.

>

> It's interesting that you mention teaming. Yes.. team queue and duo queue are a bane to PvP in my opinion.

It's not match manipulation, sometimes you can tell if a match is going sideways hard and it's not worth it for people to play it out. It's like in ATs when a lower tiered team gets outted by a higher tiered team. Eventually they get snowballed and lose the will to fight.

> @"wardorf.8629" said:

> I enjoy PvP ALOT! That's an understatement. I'm not great, but I do know how the system works, and know how to play each game efficiently. (Take note, I said efficiently.) When I reached level 20, and was able to compete though. It became less "fun". Not sure how everyone else got to level 20, to play in the ranked games, but I had to, learn from my mistakes, and find the right build for me. (Obviously, EVERYONE has to go through that process. No one is "ELITE" from the get-go.)

>

> Before reaching level 20, it was rather enjoyable doing the unranked PvP, because everyone is trying to learn, and level, to be able to "COMPETE". However, once I started competing, I noticed that many players get very angry when, in random queue, they get placed with fresh new players, and are not winning. They name-call, put the players down, rather than take lead, organise, and try to gain as many points possible. I don't get angry. I let the new players know where to go, target what's supposed to be destroyed/done, and can honestly say the teams come out victorious 60% of the time.

>

> Lately, when I get teamed with negative players, and will continue to do so, I switch characters, and watch them LOSE as a spectator. I truly believe there is no sense to the negativity. It makes new players nervous, and if they have any doubt about their toons abilities in PvP, they get crushed. I also whisper the BULLY to let them know I did it on purpose so I can watch them lose. On a few occasions, I've convinced the ones insulted, I prefer the term "BULLIED" because let's face it, that's EXACTLY what it is, to also suffer the penalty, and watch the bully lose.

>

> This is not a rant. I just want to go on the record, and formally warn you "ELITISTS". Your BS, will cost you the win if I'm on your team.

>

> EDIT: Here's some smart advice. If you do not want to risk losing, don't go in "random queue"

Well, you are kinda being the worst player out there for doing these things to provoke other players.

Also, I hate your general gw2 mentality of happiness, joy and friendship is magic: **Let's get together to conquer the play field!** I really don't care about other players during my games and not every player wants to take lead and organize and as long as the game is random queue ranked nobody shouldn't have the need to do this. Matchmaking should filter out players that need help in pvp but currently that's not happening.

What I want when I play are teammates that can use their eyes to see the mini map and their brains to not make stupid mistakes like running mid 1v3 or insta die to something or afk on point.

Usually these so called "bad" players are players just like you who self describe their game play to be **efficient**, then they make stupid mistakes and when someone tells him he plays bad he goes afk and tells the team: **You deserve to lose** cause he assumes that the players telling him that he plays bad are just toxic and that they should have guided him to do what needs to be done (players want to win and no they shouldn't teach you how to play the game, teaching ppl is what matchmaking should do). Usually this ends up with someone whispering the guy telling him what he was doing wrong and the person says rude stuff back and blocks the guy who was just trying to help cause he was toxic.

Afk during a match without leaving the match is match manipulation and should get you banned. What you are doing atm and continue to do so is extremely toxic behavior.

> EDIT: Here's some smart advice. If you do not want to risk losing, don't go in "random queue"

Also, wut?!??

EDIT: I know you are new so let me tell you that ranked matches are either solo or duo. There's no competitive 5 vs 5 modes with ladder, only tournaments (that happen once every 4 hours?) are 5 vs 5.

> This is not a rant. I just want to go on the record, and formally warn you "ELITISTS". Your BS, will cost you the win if I'm on your team.

EDIT: EDIT: so thanks for basically going on record for being match manipulator and a person that you generally don't want to play with in pvp.

> @"Aden.9306" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > This behavior of AFKing if you don't like another player is not acceptable. **That's match manipulation** and we have more than enough trouble without it. PvP is a mean and nasty endeavor. Just learn to give it back.

> >

> > It's interesting that you mention teaming. Yes.. team queue and duo queue are a bane to PvP in my opinion.

>

> It's not match manipulation, sometimes you can tell if a match is going sideways hard and it's not worth it for people to play it out. It's like in ATs when a lower tiered team gets outted by a higher tiered team. Eventually they get snowballed and lose the will to fight.

That's a different situation. Being afk when your team is in 100-400 situation is way different than being afk for stuff in chat or being afk cause someone is on your team and you refuse to play with the player.

> @"wardorf.8629" said:

> So in short, you'd rather blame me for this post, rather than address the in game bullying? Thanks.

> EDIT: I know I'm not the only person who sees it in chat.

Matchmaking is not in your control but you are in control of your actions and as you stated about forcing a team loss, thats why you are being singled out at the moment.

Had you left that part out, im sure many would have agreed with you.

The problem is people think they are always the best pro player around, and the other 4 teammates are dumbs.

Everyone wanna wins, and if they lose they start raging at other.

In one match I had this holo who camped close nearly all game, he went there defending it from a thief and he succeded, but then he didn't rotate and camped close point, leaving us outnumbered to defend mid, we lost mid and from there the game was all compromised and we ended up losing.

This guy whispered me saying I was a noob trash rev who should learn how to play. When instead i did pretty good +1 and decaps for my team, I even got alone the bell in revenge of capricorn.

But at the end he did have the defense top stats so he stated he was better than me with zero stats and I suck.

Those are the people you will face in ranked, bronze skill level players who act like legendary rank with perfect game knowledge, when instead at least in this case, we lost exactly because of this guy, sure I did probably many mistakes, but I had zero deaths at the end, and tried to be more efficient as I could.

If you wanna try to enjoy pvp, watch a lot of videos to learn, and try do your best, watch team chat too and try communicate, but ignore those stupid dumbs who act superior and leave them believe they are strong.

Ah and last thing, don't care about your rank at all.

> @"wardorf.8629" said:

> I enjoy PvP ALOT! That's an understatement. I'm not great, but I do know how the system works, and know how to play each game efficiently. (Take note, I said efficiently.) When I reached level 20, and was able to compete though. It became less "fun". Not sure how everyone else got to level 20, to play in the ranked games, but I had to, learn from my mistakes, and find the right build for me. (Obviously, EVERYONE has to go through that process. No one is "ELITE" from the get-go.)

>

> Before reaching level 20, it was rather enjoyable doing the unranked PvP, because everyone is trying to learn, and level, to be able to "COMPETE". However, once I started competing, I noticed that many players get very angry when, in random queue, they get placed with fresh new players, and are not winning. They name-call, put the players down, rather than take lead, organise, and try to gain as many points possible. I don't get angry. I let the new players know where to go, target what's supposed to be destroyed/done, and can honestly say the teams come out victorious 60% of the time.

>

> Lately, when I get teamed with negative players, and will continue to do so, I switch characters, and watch them LOSE as a spectator. I truly believe there is no sense to the negativity. It makes new players nervous, and if they have any doubt about their toons abilities in PvP, they get crushed. I also whisper the BULLY to let them know I did it on purpose so I can watch them lose. On a few occasions, I've convinced the ones insulted, I prefer the term "BULLIED" because let's face it, that's EXACTLY what it is, to also suffer the penalty, and watch the bully lose.

>

>

Coming here and advocating purposefully throwing matches AKA match manipulation is just as toxic as players bad mouthing their team in chat.

I despise anyone who gives up before the match is over - you’re doing a disservice to the other 3 people on your team who had nothing to do with the toxic player you’re attempting to punish.

Maybe you’re the one who shouldn’t be queuing in a competitive *team* game mode.

I remember a necro always afking /sit in spawn point if she gets killed in mid fight... And blame everyone being noob if we continue to fight and cap points, even if we were in the lead, she won't join the fight... i even advised her to exit so someone else could join and help us win...but she made it clear that she wanted us to lose... repeatedly got matched with her on same team... And miraculously won 2 matches even when she afked... If I'm a better player, I won't get matched with her repeatedly... Or this might be a low population issue??? Idk...

There are two kinds of ppl others hate:

1) One who plays poorly and blame their teammates and go afk

2) One who goes afk for any reason at all

So my suggestion to OP is... **Anything you do, don't go afk...**

If you feel someone's bullying you, just target them, announce their name and inform in map chat that he's a bully, trash player and if team loses the match, it's bcoz of him and report for verbal abuse and continue playing... Coz if u go afk, you'll become the villain in other's point of view

> @"Crystal Paladin.3871" said:

> I remember a necro always afking /sit in spawn point if she gets killed in mid fight... And blame everyone being noob if we continue to fight and cap points, even if we were in the lead, she won't join the fight... i even advised her to exit so someone else could join and help us win...but she made it clear that she wanted us to lose... repeatedly got matched with her on same team... And miraculously won 2 matches even when she afked... If I'm a better player, I won't get matched with her repeatedly... Or this might be a low population issue??? Idk...

>

> There are two kinds of ppl others hate:

> 1) One who plays poorly and blame their teammates and go afk

> 2) One who goes afk for any reason at all

>

> So my suggestion to OP is... **Anything you do, don't go afk...**

>

> If you feel someone's bullying you, just target them, announce their name and inform in map chat that he's a bully, trash player and if team loses the match, it's bcoz of him and report for verbal abuse and continue playing... Coz if u go afk, you'll become the villain in other's point of view

Actually technically you can't name and shame players in gw2. The only option is to use the report but be sure to not talk rude to the person cause it might give you bans instead.

Basically you just have to get bullied and be able to do nothing about it if someone bullies you.

When the game is really messed up, the community changes. People who don't center their lives around a computer game tend to leave more easily. They are more likely to say "well, I've got better things to do. I have to work a lot to fullfill my regular responsibilies, so I want to have an enjoyable free time. This is not entertaining enough to be worth my time so I'm leaving." Note that I'm just talking about a tendency.

On the other hand, there are people whose lives are centered around a video game which they put tremendous efforts in. These people tend to stay even when the game isn't really fun anymore. And the toxicity you're facing ingame is the result of people's anger. It's the anger on the state of the game, which is partly justified, but there is a much deeper feeling of uselessness in the world, the lack of aim in life, that really is behind all this in my opinion.