Scourge makes PvP not fun.

Parlance.9584

> @bluff.8962 said:

> > @Exciton.8942 said:

>

> >

> > Well, if we talk about top level play, you can go check out helseth and phantaram's stream. They both have problems with scourge and spellbreakers and think they are too strong..

> >

> >

> I've been on the top level streams as well and have heard the same.

>

> These pros from a pvp aspect could've been a great asset in closed testing. They know the game incredibly well. And could've kept this from ever happening. Anet should've reached out to them.

>

But everyone knows that the Abjured pays off anet's balance team to tweak the meta so their mains are overpowered.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @ArthurDent.9538 said:

> > @bluff.8962 said:

> > > @Exciton.8942 said:

> >

> > >

> > > Well, if we talk about top level play, you can go check out helseth and phantaram's stream. They both have problems with scourge and spellbreakers and think they are too strong..

> > >

> > >

> > I've been on the top level streams as well and have heard the same.

> >

> > These pros from a pvp aspect could've been a great asset in closed testing. They know the game incredibly well. And could've kept this from ever happening. Anet should've reached out to them.

> >

>

> But everyone knows that the Abjured pays off anet's balance team to tweak the meta so their mains are overpowered.

what? like weaver lol

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > Wow I heard this same rant last year for dragon hunters. And the year before that, herald. Nerfing is not going to solve the bad player problem, but learning will. Sorry, but even when it gets nerfed to the ground, people will still complain about it being to hard.

>

> honestly, scourge is going to have to be not viable for the forum community to be happy. AOE condi builds are never going to be seen as acceptable

>

> I mean, yeah scourge is overtuned rn. but even if it's toned down, but to the level where it's still doing big damage- people will still QQ on the forum. it will literally take it getting nerfed so you can facetank sandshades for free to stop the QQ

I fear this as well. Anet has a strong tenancy to overtune then overnerf leaving classes absent from meta for far too long. As people qq more when a class is too strong but noone complains when a class is absent do to overnerf unless it's their main.

For example, how many posts are there on scourge compared to the amount of posts complaining about how revs are hurting and renegade needs major love in pvp...

• 5 months later...

> @"Ragnarox.9601" said:

> Its same like DH traps, they must nerf them 4x times in a row like traps :)

Nah, I play DH and I was always annoyed with DH traps (I tried to get by without them). All you have to do is pop regen before entering or force them out of their traps. If you run into a trap, you have about a second and a half before any real damage hits you, so you can dodge once you see the trap and be almost unscathed. Then they have no utility abilities and are vulnerable.