Double Shortbow Montage - WvW Roaming/Outnumbered

kuteykathy.8123

> @"Dewsitine.3645" said:

> Um, any tips from trying to play a crit-condi hybrid with DE spec and rifle?

>

> Edit: Nice play, you look like you had fun dancing through the fight.

I haven’t had much success with making a condi DE spec that uses rifle. Rifle doesn’t have much for offensive condition applications, so I find that it’s difficult to maintain pressure if someone clears.

If you come up with something though, I’d love to hear about it! Deadeye definitely has some interesting traits that could be fun to play around with.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> Curious why you didnt use cluster bomb for bleed and combo blast

Hihi, good question! I've thought about using cluster bomb, though I built around poison instead of bleeding since the choking gas gives quite a bit of build utility. Choking gas gives the poison field and the dodges are a whirl combo to provide additional poison stacks. Since I evade a lot anyways, spending initiative to cluster bomb the field and apply weakness to someone doesn't feel as useful as just laying on more poison. Also, applying more choking gas pulses a daze every second (as long as they have at least 5 stacks of poison on them) which is nifty for interrupting skills and activating Sigil of Draining for additional damage and personal sustain.

> @"Joshewwah.2956" said:

> Would this build work if you had high ping? (300+) Or is it required that you have low ping to be able to dodge bursts?

I think this is one of the more forgiving builds for high ping! You have a lot of evades and a large health pool to keep you safe. Your damage is also dealt over time.

I think something to be mindful of for this build with high ping will be managing your endurance. If it takes a bit of time for you to activate the skills to refill your endurance because of your ping, you'll want to anticipate it so you don't get caught without a dodge (shortbow 3 is good for additional emergency evades as needed, especially if you've been immobilized).