New KP system in raids

Angina.2356

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > In WoW it was enough for others to inspect that you killed the boss once (there was nothing else to check) and it worked perfectly. And here I read an article about that 12 is not enough and ppl really think that 30 kills are necessary to kill this boss again? kitten? Why is in GW2 - the most casual MMO crowd on earth - the raiding community so picky/idiotic/ridiculous.

> >

> > cuz you have really bad community in this game that doesn't use logic. i saw qadim normal kill that required cm qadim. i got kicked from 500 li squad when i linked 300 li cuz i t was on an alt account. i was kicked for being a reaper altho i outdps people in lfg with a reaper on right and left.

>

> So at which point did you consider that you are joining a group and not providing the proof they demanded? You could have messaged the squadlead, loged on your main, etc.

>

> It's not your squad, you don't get to decide what people set as arbitrary demands. Make your own squad, make your own demands.

>

> GW2 is the most casual MMO yes, and it is exactly that reason why a majority of the player base has 0 understanding of their class or the game which makes people antsy when making groups for challenging content (which is not that challenging to begin with).

don't have the time to log out to main, message him and log in back. by that time i can kill a boss raid. i searched with my alt. it's just distrust and that 300-500 difference in li has no meaning at all. i saw people with barely any li better than those with 250-500 or more.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > In WoW it was enough for others to inspect that you killed the boss once (there was nothing else to check) and it worked perfectly. And here I read an article about that 12 is not enough and ppl really think that 30 kills are necessary to kill this boss again? kitten? Why is in GW2 - the most casual MMO crowd on earth - the raiding community so picky/idiotic/ridiculous.

> > >

> > > cuz you have really bad community in this game that doesn't use logic. i saw qadim normal kill that required cm qadim. i got kicked from 500 li squad when i linked 300 li cuz i t was on an alt account. i was kicked for being a reaper altho i outdps people in lfg with a reaper on right and left.

> >

> > So at which point did you consider that you are joining a group and not providing the proof they demanded? You could have messaged the squadlead, loged on your main, etc.

> >

> > It's not your squad, you don't get to decide what people set as arbitrary demands. Make your own squad, make your own demands.

> >

> > GW2 is the most casual MMO yes, and it is exactly that reason why a majority of the player base has 0 understanding of their class or the game which makes people antsy when making groups for challenging content (which is not that challenging to begin with).

>

> don't have the time to log out to main, message him and log in back. by that time i can kill a boss raid. i searched with my alt. it's just distrust and that 300-500 difference in li has no meaning at all. i saw people with barely any li better than those with 250-500 or more.

Oh sure, I can agree with that. There are completely unreasonable KP or ping requests (100 Dhumm KP, is that really necessary?). I don't demand that people change them though, I simply do not join those groups.

Now am I stating this from a luxorios position of having 750+ LI and enough KP for any Boss from W1-5? Sure.

That's the reason why I recommend newer players make their own groups to open up the field for more people to find squads (I certainly comm squads often enough even though I can join most squads listed) . Yet most players simply want to join others not having to worry or organize their own squad. Then be at the mercy of who ever created the squad.

Selling raids is no different in this regard, except that the demand from people joining is cost. I certainly have never paid (or accepted payment) for access to a raid spot, but others have.

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> My idea is to give 2 or 3 KP for kill if ur alive (regardless if u kill it 1st or 2nd or 3rd time in the week) , and 1 KP if u did the kill but died.

> I got 8 quadim kp's but i already killed it about 10 times Kappa.

What about samarog where you can let the last cc gg?

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > My idea is to give 2 or 3 KP for kill if ur alive (regardless if u kill it 1st or 2nd or 3rd time in the week) , and 1 KP if u did the kill but died.

> > I got 8 quadim kp's but i already killed it about 10 times Kappa.

>

> What about samarog where you can let the last cc gg?

Never seen any1 doing it, usually breaking his bar is 1 or 2 sec which means GG gives only dps lose.

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > My idea is to give 2 or 3 KP for kill if ur alive (regardless if u kill it 1st or 2nd or 3rd time in the week) , and 1 KP if u did the kill but died.

> > > I got 8 quadim kp's but i already killed it about 10 times Kappa.

> >

> > What about samarog where you can let the last cc gg?

>

> Never seen any1 doing it, usually breaking his bar is 1 or 2 sec which means GG gives only dps lose.

In our guild we do this because the break bar is a bigger dps loss then the Chrono dieing at 10percent.

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > My idea is to give 2 or 3 KP for kill if ur alive (regardless if u kill it 1st or 2nd or 3rd time in the week) , and 1 KP if u did the kill but died.

> > > > I got 8 quadim kp's but i already killed it about 10 times Kappa.

> > >

> > > What about samarog where you can let the last cc gg?

> >

> > Never seen any1 doing it, usually breaking his bar is 1 or 2 sec which means GG gives only dps lose.

>

> In our guild we do this because the break bar is a bigger dps loss then the Chrono dieing at 10percent.

OK than according to my system u will have to spare 2 more seconds on samarog :p (noone is ever asking for samarog kps, so w/e)

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > My idea is to give 2 or 3 KP for kill if ur alive (regardless if u kill it 1st or 2nd or 3rd time in the week) , and 1 KP if u did the kill but died.

> > > > > I got 8 quadim kp's but i already killed it about 10 times Kappa.

> > > >

> > > > What about samarog where you can let the last cc gg?

> > >

> > > Never seen any1 doing it, usually breaking his bar is 1 or 2 sec which means GG gives only dps lose.

> >

> > In our guild we do this because the break bar is a bigger dps loss then the Chrono dieing at 10percent.

>

> OK than according to my system u will have to spare 2 more seconds on samarog :p (noone is ever asking for samarog kps, so w/e)

Well my question is more directed what if the strategy on a boss requires somebody to die.

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"Angina.2356" said:

> > well the decorations, li and titles is our foult as community that we accepted that system and didnt ask for kill count to beggin with but at the same time arena net should know there is two kinds of ppl doing raids some who are hard core and some who are new/casssual raiders and to sparate this two and avoid salt and scarying off new ppl we need this system also..

> >

> > > @"Thandaer.8105" said:

> > > Or give every boss some kind of junk with 100% chance to drop (and always 1 piece per boss chest)...

> > > "Thumb of Keep Construct; 10 silver"....keep it or sell it

> > >

> > > ...and while at it, also a container for all of those ;)

> >

> > that is not a bad idea but it will only work for new ppl what about ppl who do raids way longer and still struggle with LFG'ing

> >

>

> We don't know if the game remembers all the kills you made.

I bet it doesn't. If it does, the recent Insight->Divinations exchange (set on an equal number for everyone) wouldn't have been needed.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> Yesterday: "Qadim 500 LI + 10+ KP"

> This RNG KP made us laugh in Discord. We are in week 3 bois.... :D

Well.. you got to be 1) competent and 2) lucky, to join this group.. this game is all about getting a good RNG

I'm not qualify for this group as I only have 4 kp from 3kills ????

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > Yesterday: "Qadim 500 LI + 10+ KP"

> > This RNG KP made us laugh in Discord. We are in week 3 bois.... :D

>

> Well.. you got to be 1) competent and 2) lucky, to join this group.. this game is all about getting a good RNG

> I'm not qualify for this group as I only have 4 kp from 3kills ????

i heard kp drops are performance related..... /s

;)

> @"sigur.9453" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > Yesterday: "Qadim 500 LI + 10+ KP"

> > > This RNG KP made us laugh in Discord. We are in week 3 bois.... :D

> >

> > Well.. you got to be 1) competent and 2) lucky, to join this group.. this game is all about getting a good RNG

> > I'm not qualify for this group as I only have 4 kp from 3kills ????

>

> i heard kp drops are performance related..... /s

> ;)

It should be.. Top dps gets 5kp lowest get one.. It explain why I get only 1 each time lol ?

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"sigur.9453" said:

> > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > Yesterday: "Qadim 500 LI + 10+ KP"

> > > > This RNG KP made us laugh in Discord. We are in week 3 bois.... :D

> > >

> > > Well.. you got to be 1) competent and 2) lucky, to join this group.. this game is all about getting a good RNG

> > > I'm not qualify for this group as I only have 4 kp from 3kills ????

> >

> > i heard kp drops are performance related..... /s

> > ;)

> It should be.. Top dps gets 5kp lowest get one.. It explain why I get only 1 each time lol ?

puh, this could be fun

it could/would lead to following scenarios:

a: nobody wants to do machanics anymore (would´t be that great of a difference i guess), or play a support role (no more nerf chrono threats,yay)

b; nobody rezz or dodge anymore since its a dps loss, which could get chaotic since there is no more healer in the team (see point a)

c; i would only let base mesmers in my team to secure my top spot. (who am i kitten, stil last place)