Anyone have tips for soloing elites? (Spoilers for PoF "postgame")

Trying to get the griffon but I guess I must suck cause I can't kill the damn elites in the library. I got one of the big shadows dudes down by dying and running back before he regenerated all of his hp 3 times. But I can't get any of the others. I'm on a Revenant with exotics going Shortbow/Mace+Axe running Kalla/Mallyx. I already know I'm not great at the game but I literally don't know how or if I can do this, and I'm not thrilled at the idea of shelling out 250 gold and just hitting a roadblock to my major PoF goal and just having to give up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but any help would be appreciated.

Are they forged or awaken? These mobs are very statistically challenging, more than a lot of stuff in HoT you could cheese with range. They have a ton of HP, do a ton of damage, and will do very nasty hits for about half of your health twice faster than your natural dodge regen. I don't play revenant but when I try to kill an elite on my guardian I spam blinds initially then go for dodges then heals as a last resort, but basically, if it's not dead after ~15s then I'm out of every defensive resource I have and my character will most likely die. Have you tried burning them a bit faster with your best berserker gear?

They're elite flame imps (I think) and elite Attax or w/e they're called (the big shadow ones). The Aatax (sp?) does a charge every few seconds and sends out a chill wave that stuns and does damage. The Imp makes poison AoE circles which grow. Literally it seems like if I disengage/reposition for more than say 5 seconds they start to heal. Also there are between 1 and 4 other normals mobs around so if I dodge or move too much I can aggro them on as well.

Yeah ok. Anything with a charge attack means you got to go range, or you'll die as nearly all charges are on a timer with no tell at all, and if you're not into learning timers for the hundreds of existing mobs like most of us, just take whatever semi decent range option you have and walk around the NPC until it dies. The only time I killed imps I glitched them with the terrain and kill them from above a small cliff so I can't help.