Why we can't play our role better?

Vran.7193

Hello guys, I just wonder… why we can't play guild wars more as RP, why our personal story is so short? Last living story episode is so chaotic, a lot of fractions are there a lot of conflicts. So why we can't follow one of this factions? Why some human can't follow his favorite god and can't to be forged? Why some necromant can't follow his adorable king and to be awakened? And why some asura can't research branded and can't to be branded too by acccident? I noticed one new infusion ingame … but in my opinion, only some persons with superluck, or some moneybags can obtain this one.

Why can't be ingame something more acessible, with a bit of personal story maybe?

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> Because this is a video game and not a pen and paper RPG like dnd. It takes an enormous amount of resource to make. It is why tabletop is popular because it has that freedom but MMO does not due to resource constraints.

I understand exactly and my post isn't q.q - just any idea how can be game more varied and easy way (by a usable item for example). I am talking only about visual change.

> Because this is a video game and not a pen and paper RPG like dnd. It takes an enormous amount of resource to make. It is why tabletop is popular because it has that freedom but MMO does not due to resource constraints.

I understand exactly and my post isn't q.q - just any idea how can be game more varied and easy way (by a usable item for example). I am talking only about visible change.

> @"Vran.7193" said:

> > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > Because this is a video game and not a pen and paper RPG like dnd. It takes an enormous amount of resource to make. It is why tabletop is popular because it has that freedom but MMO does not due to resource constraints.

>

> I understand exactly and my post isn't q.q - just any idea how can be game more varied and easy way (by a usable item for example). I am talking only about visual change.

If is just in terms of cosmetics then you already sort of can. There is an infusion that gives you a crystal like appearance. There's Balthazar's armor that makes you a bit like forged. There is also a combat tonic that makes you look like an awakened.

Your topic's wording made me think you were talking about story. Because there's no way they can make 4 different factions for each players to join and makes the story coherent without investing impossible amount of money and time. In terms of visual? Sure I guess.

> @"Vran.7193" said:

> Hello guys, I just wonder… why we can't play guild wars more as RP, why our personal story is so short? Last living story episode is so chaotic, a lot of fractions are there a lot of conflicts. So why we can't follow one of this factions? Why some human can't follow his favorite god and can't to be forged? Why some necromant can't follow his adorable king and to be awakened? And why some asura can't research branded and can't to be branded too by acccident? I noticed one new infusion ingame … but in my opinion, only some persons with superluck, or some moneybags can obtain this one.

> Why can't be ingame something more acessible, with a bit of personal story maybe?

Okay, if I understand correctly, you want more personalized content depending on your character (race, profession etc.). This is something many players, including myself, have been asking for for years, but the devs made it clear that they will not pursue this path as it would increase their workload drastically (and that would mean that content would be released in _much_ longer intervals).

> @"Vran.7193" said:

> Hello guys, I just wonder… why we can't play guild wars more as RP, why our personal story is so short? Last living story episode is so chaotic, a lot of fractions are there a lot of conflicts. So why we can't follow one of this factions? Why some human can't follow his favorite god and can't to be forged? Why some necromant can't follow his adorable king and to be awakened? And why some asura can't research branded and can't to be branded too by acccident? I noticed one new infusion ingame … but in my opinion, only some persons with superluck, or some moneybags can obtain this one.

> Why can't be ingame something more acessible, with a bit of personal story maybe?

How is making it easier to get an infusion more "RP" like in game?

What stops you from making your own RP fun with others of your mindset?

I see the RP community often complain in MMO there is not enough for them and in some way I agree, however the bases of RP is imagination.

Does yours still work or has the modern video game world killed it?

Making your own fun is always a lot faster than waiting for someone else to understand you so well they make it for you.

We need a Guild Wars 2 Tabletop RPG module. Classes, races, story, lore. Maybe someone can use the GURPS for that?

> @"Vran.7193" said:

> Hello guys, I just wonder… why we can't play guild wars more as RP, why our personal story is so short? Last living story episode is so chaotic, a lot of fractions are there a lot of conflicts. So why we can't follow one of this factions?

Maybe you remember...

S3 Ep6 happened and during the story, the player character makes a choice to join the Shining Blade.

And the RP'ers lost their minds.

It seems so many of them where so upset by the Commander's choice to join the faction because it violated the head cannon for their characters. The usual bunch of shade the RP community loves to throw on Anet was cranked up several notches. All because their Human Female with the assassin's gear skins, shoulder scarf and crystal wings chose to defend Kryta and that's not the choice they would have made in the RP'ers head.

So the answer to why you can't play Guild wars as "more RP"?

RP'ers mainly.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Vran.7193" said:

> > Hello guys, I just wonder… why we can't play guild wars more as RP, why our personal story is so short? Last living story episode is so chaotic, a lot of fractions are there a lot of conflicts. So why we can't follow one of this factions?

> Maybe you remember...

> S3 Ep6 happened and during the story, the player character makes a choice to join the Shining Blade.

> And the RP'ers lost their minds.

> It seems so many of them where so upset by the Commander's choice to join the faction because it violated the head cannon for their characters. The usual bunch of shade the RP community loves to throw on Anet was cranked up several notches. All because their Human Female with the assassin's gear skins, shoulder scarf and crystal wings chose to defend Kryta and that's not the choice they would have made in the RP'ers head.

>

> So the answer to why you can't play Guild wars as "more RP"?

> RP'ers mainly.

Well it sure as hell violated the fact that lore wise a Charr would never ever consider joining the Shining Blade and swear fealty to a human Queen, which is what they forced mine to do, never mind the RP story mine has which doesnt matter when it comes to the story and really anybody who tries to merge the story with their RP story is gonna run into issues.

That story mission was written so that canonical commander was a human.

This is exactly why most RPers *don't* RP as the Commander. The Commander is an entity separate from their character. In fact, it's considered bad RP etiquette to RP as someone with any direct relation to ANY major NPC (no. You are not Logan's sister. You are not the Queen's right hand. You are not a First-Born Sylvari.) But RPer's have so much freedom outside of that. Using the lore, the personal story is a *great* place to start. But if you want to RP, don't limit yourself to the Personal Story and Living World. Have your Human be a priest of Balthazaar who went absolutely mental when his God returned. Be an Asura researching Branded. Be a fallen White Mantle assasin with a bloodstone corrupted Jackal (actually... don't do that last one. That's me.) Just be aware of IC (in-character) consequences. A Branded asura is probably not going to be accepted by other Asura as anything other than a disposable lab rat. And will probably not be welcomed into society.

You're allowed to differ from the Commander's story as an RPer. You are *encouraged* to do so.

But if you *want* to RP as the Commander, you have to accept that you don't have that much freedom.

You can be forged, as there is a forged outfit that makes you forged... and forged is a new thing, Balthazar reverse engineered how glint shoved souls into armor... prior to this balthazar only reforged people in the mists in his eternal battlegrounds not in the same way... and you are a follower of a god, you must not have played gw1, each human got there respective skills and powers from a god, Monks (guardians in gw2) dwayna (hence all the blue looking effects), warrior (espesially beserker spec) balthazar- add forged outfit and boom. ranger, melanandru, elementalist (abbadon/ kormir), necro/thief -which uses shadow/dark (grenth), engineer is a nope on gods really.. mesmer are lyssa. id read up on lore, there is more rp elements to the races and classes than you are seeing, gods/dragons/ eternal alc./ spirits represent aspects for each facet of power., oh, and revs are a new one, its hybrid of the old school gw1 ritualists and dervish and glint teaching rytock how to tap the mists like the mursaat could (hence the spectrel red effects) with rytocks own spin.. pretty cool, thats why Rox said it was "new" magic.