The Springer has cataracts.

Penguin.1345

![](https://i.imgur.com/SsLMYOn.png "")

As per the picture, the springers eyeballs has a white dot inside them. Im guessing they are supposed to emulate the light reflecting, which they in my opinion dont do a good job off. They do however do a damned great job at looking like cataracts, compared to the right picture, which is an actual rabbit with cataracts. The white splotches do not adjust to lightsources and are just painted onto the eyeball. No other mount, creature or even npc has this property, making the springer stand out a lot. The large eyes do not help this matter. The springers eyes actually already have the "proper" eye reflections on top of the white spot, which only helps highlight how out of place it is.

Can the spot be removed? Cant help but feel sorry for the poor thing.

> @"Penguin.1345" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/SsLMYOn.png "")

>

> As per the picture, the springers eyeballs has a white dot inside them. Im guessing they are supposed to emulate the light reflecting, which they in my opinion dont do a good job off. They do however do a damned great job at looking like cataracts, compared to the right picture, which is an actual rabbit with cataracts. The white splotches do not adjust to lightsources and are just painted onto the eyeball. No other mount, creature or even npc has this property, making the springer stand out a lot. The large eyes do not help this matter. The springers eyes actually already have the "proper" eye reflections on top of the white spot, which only helps highlight how out of place it is.

>

> Can the spot be removed? Cant help but feel sorry for the poor thing.

That spot represents a light source reflection...

Long version...

Sped up version...

Cataracts are generally not perfectly round-shaped with super defined borders (they can be categorised following their shapes which can be sometimes pretty complex) and are absolutely NEVER over the iris (the lens, which is where the cataracts develop, is behind the iris and therefore cannot be seen through it). In your picture, most of the white spot is located over the iris and has a convenient round spot. Meanwhile, the lens looks completely clear. Therefore, it looks much more like light reflection than cataracts.

This is good news because you dont want a near-blind springer ;)

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> So that is why I keep missing the jumps on my Springer? Someone hand my mount some eyeglasses and moar carrots!!!

I think it's because the springer keeps hitting their head against ledges and ceilings and ornamental accoutrements. Surprised they don't go the wrong direction every time due to multiple concussions.

> @"Penguin.1345" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/SsLMYOn.png "")

>

> As per the picture, the springers eyeballs has a white dot inside them. Im guessing they are supposed to emulate the light reflecting, which they in my opinion dont do a good job off. They do however do a damned great job at looking like cataracts, compared to the right picture, which is an actual rabbit with cataracts. The white splotches do not adjust to lightsources and are just painted onto the eyeball. No other mount, creature or even npc has this property, making the springer stand out a lot. The large eyes do not help this matter. The springers eyes actually already have the "proper" eye reflections on top of the white spot, which only helps highlight how out of place it is.

>

> Can the spot be removed? Cant help but feel sorry for the poor thing.

isn't that just a reflection of the primary light source?

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> isn't that just a reflection of the primary light source?

I get its _supposed_ to look like the light reflecting off the eyeball, but due to its low resolution, static placement and color, it just looks like a white cataract. No other mount, player or npc has this method of imitating light, which highlights how bad the springer looks. I hope for a change, where the springers eyes are normalized. As they are now, i cant help but cringe as it really just looks like a cataract, some big fluffball, paint or what have you, stuck on its eye.