Returning Player (3rd times a charm)?

I tried, I really really tried to enjoy this game. But I can't.

I'm literally grinding through PoF. & it feels painful. Constantly asking myself whats the point.

* Jumping into a way point to see ridiculous skins, or armor that is anything but immersive.

* A weakening population plus massive maps makes the player base look puny, World Events or map wide events often feel empty.

* To play a PVP match that is unbelievably unbalanced. (The fact that the SAME meta is around for over a year and half + an expansion says something)

* The discovery that you can't earn ANY mount skins? Seriously ANET?

* To run around a WVW map end to end and not see one person?

* Animations / particle effects still way over the top. I can't even see some champions during bounties & that is with high performance video settings.

* A loot system that you have to dedicate 25% of your time in-game cleaning up the clutter. It is turning into Hording Wars.

* Raids that just feels like wash, rinse, repeat. (with a bunch of screaming involved)

* Over 50 types of currencies

* Sacrificing quality of life game design so people will spend $ in your gem store.

* Somewhat unrelated note, lack of marketing from ANET, does not make me confident in the games future.

* HoT was great, PoF not so much, feels more like of a grind now.

Maybe it is just a case of me feeling salty because I am a GW1 vet, or that I've played numerous other MMOs during breaks & know ANET is wasting dev time on useless cosmetics.

Whatever it may be, I am probably going to get trolled for this post. But I would rather speak up, then defend something that clearly needs work. I know ANET can do better because I've seen them do better. And 6 years later, I would of thought ANET learned.

Know this, the population is dwindling and if you want to save a game you may like or love, you should speak up too. God only knows other returning players are.

https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/returning-to-guild-wars-2-that-pesky-itemization-1000013062

Signing off.

I feel the pain, I loved the game at release but I overall find Eso to much better in every single aspect expect there is no real open world group content. I typically stick to Eso and single player rpgs anymore. I just find this game a challenge to really really get into which is a bummer as the combat is so fluid, graphics are great minus to much flash in combat, I personally loved the story, but just feel like the games missing to much.

You can turn those skin graphics off.

Not sure you're playing the same game. There are people everywhere I go....world bosses and metas especially.

I don't PvP. No comment there.

Although it would be nice to have some mount skins obtainable in the game it doesn't bother me there aren't. They DO need to make money.

If you aren't seeing anyone in WvW try finding out when peak times are, cuz I see people everywhere.

Again, you can also turn particle effects down/off.

Right-click salvage all and deposit all are your friends.

Raids are fun and more challenging (imo)than some mmos I've played.

So many currencies can be annoying but, but I understand why there are so many.

The QoL features in this game are by far the best I've ever seen in an mmo. Not really sure what your issue is.

I've seen tons of banner adds for GW2, especially since Bless failed.

I hated HoT maps, but the story was good. I liked the less confusing maps of PoF and thought the story got even better.

Not gonna troll you, but honestly for a lot of people this is the best mmo out there. Maybe you should play something you actually like playing rather than try to rain on the parades of people that actually enjoy and appreciate what this game offers.

Well I must say PoF never clicked with me either and I'm not running any of its content*, except for a daily here or there.

Population has been great the last year or so (except, well, in PoF): I'm splitting my time between grinding HoT, because I love the metas, grinding leather for satisfying my OCD (and hunger for non-existent gold), nightly RIBA for the haze (cough) and alting as slowly as I can. All the zones I run are active at any time and often packed (a quick Hi! to World Full!). No offense, but are you using LFG? Looting and inventory management was awful without Advanced Logistics mastery and the introduction of the option to bulk salvage (right-click on your salvage tool of choice).

As for PvP, I haven't bothered for a long time. But then, it's pretty meh in ALL current MMO's, each in their own way.

> Know this, the population is dwindling

Calling BS, from daily experience. Source please?

Lastly, if you don't like cosmetics, then I guess you better start mailing your stuff, 'cause you won't find peace here. Good luck and try to have fun!

Edit: *I am, of course, RIDING its content, what with the best mounts in MMO's anywhere, including a first free skin for an easy achievement. Joy!