Black Lion Expedition Board

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > Got **7 Blood Rubies** along with some Dust, one salvagable hide and something else (forgot) out of mine today.

> > >

> > > 7 Rubies is more than you get from farming the map (most of the time), so I think I will be replacing all my LWS3 necklaces and rings with Bloodstone ones over time. ;)

> >

> > I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction. At least that's what I remember being the case.

>

> If you Infuse and/or Attune an item it is only "unique" with respect to another item that has the exact same Infuse/Attune state.

>

> I.e., If you Attune your Blood Ruby Band you can equip another regular Blood Ruby Band.

oh wait, that's interesting information. So if I infuse one and I can have another equipped as long as it doesn't have the same infusion? That means I can just do the winterberry farm and get everything I need there, cause that's about the easiest farm for trinkets out there.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > Got **7 Blood Rubies** along with some Dust, one salvagable hide and something else (forgot) out of mine today.

> > > >

> > > > 7 Rubies is more than you get from farming the map (most of the time), so I think I will be replacing all my LWS3 necklaces and rings with Bloodstone ones over time. ;)

> > >

> > > I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction. At least that's what I remember being the case.

> >

> > If you Infuse and/or Attune an item it is only "unique" with respect to another item that has the exact same Infuse/Attune state.

> >

> > I.e., If you Attune your Blood Ruby Band you can equip another regular Blood Ruby Band.

>

> oh wait, that's interesting information. So if I infuse one and I can have another equipped as long as it doesn't have the same infusion? That means I can just do the winterberry farm and get everything I need there, cause that's about the easiest farm for trinkets out there.

Here are the combos that WILL NOT work:

Regular + Regular

Infused + Infused

Attuned + Attuned

Infused & Attuned + Infused & Attuned

Any other combination of Regular, Infused, Attuned, and Infused & Attuned should be allowed to be equipped together.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > Got **7 Blood Rubies** along with some Dust, one salvagable hide and something else (forgot) out of mine today.

> > > > >

> > > > > 7 Rubies is more than you get from farming the map (most of the time), so I think I will be replacing all my LWS3 necklaces and rings with Bloodstone ones over time. ;)

> > > >

> > > > I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction. At least that's what I remember being the case.

> > >

> > > If you Infuse and/or Attune an item it is only "unique" with respect to another item that has the exact same Infuse/Attune state.

> > >

> > > I.e., If you Attune your Blood Ruby Band you can equip another regular Blood Ruby Band.

> >

> > oh wait, that's interesting information. So if I infuse one and I can have another equipped as long as it doesn't have the same infusion? That means I can just do the winterberry farm and get everything I need there, cause that's about the easiest farm for trinkets out there.

>

> Here are the combos that WILL NOT work:

>

> Regular + Regular

> Infused + Infused

> Attuned + Attuned

> Infused & Attuned + Infused & Attuned

>

> Any other combination of Regular, Infused, Attuned, and Infused & Attuned should be allowed to be equipped together.

Ahh thanks for specifying that. So two different infusions will not do the trick. Since I don't do fractals I better stick to my original plan of getting different rings to infuse.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > Got **7 Blood Rubies** along with some Dust, one salvagable hide and something else (forgot) out of mine today.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 7 Rubies is more than you get from farming the map (most of the time), so I think I will be replacing all my LWS3 necklaces and rings with Bloodstone ones over time. ;)

> > > > >

> > > > > I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction. At least that's what I remember being the case.

> > > >

> > > > If you Infuse and/or Attune an item it is only "unique" with respect to another item that has the exact same Infuse/Attune state.

> > > >

> > > > I.e., If you Attune your Blood Ruby Band you can equip another regular Blood Ruby Band.

> > >

> > > oh wait, that's interesting information. So if I infuse one and I can have another equipped as long as it doesn't have the same infusion? That means I can just do the winterberry farm and get everything I need there, cause that's about the easiest farm for trinkets out there.

> >

> > Here are the combos that WILL NOT work:

> >

> > Regular + Regular

> > Infused + Infused

> > Attuned + Attuned

> > Infused & Attuned + Infused & Attuned

> >

> > Any other combination of Regular, Infused, Attuned, and Infused & Attuned should be allowed to be equipped together.

>

> Ahh thanks for specifying that. So two different infusions will not do the trick. Since I don't do fractals I better stick to my original plan of getting different rings to infuse.

If you aren't doing Fractals, then you probably don't need to fully upgrade (Attune & Infuse) both rings for the Agony Resistance, so grabbing 2 Blood Ruby Bands and attuning one of them so that you can use them both would be a relatively easy route.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > Got **7 Blood Rubies** along with some Dust, one salvagable hide and something else (forgot) out of mine today.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 7 Rubies is more than you get from farming the map (most of the time), so I think I will be replacing all my LWS3 necklaces and rings with Bloodstone ones over time. ;)

> > > > >

> > > > > I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction. At least that's what I remember being the case.

> > > >

> > > > If you Infuse and/or Attune an item it is only "unique" with respect to another item that has the exact same Infuse/Attune state.

> > > >

> > > > I.e., If you Attune your Blood Ruby Band you can equip another regular Blood Ruby Band.

> > >

> > > oh wait, that's interesting information. So if I infuse one and I can have another equipped as long as it doesn't have the same infusion? That means I can just do the winterberry farm and get everything I need there, cause that's about the easiest farm for trinkets out there.

> >

> > Here are the combos that WILL NOT work:

> >

> > Regular + Regular

> > Infused + Infused

> > Attuned + Attuned

> > Infused & Attuned + Infused & Attuned

> >

> > Any other combination of Regular, Infused, Attuned, and Infused & Attuned should be allowed to be equipped together.

>

> Ahh thanks for specifying that. So two different infusions will not do the trick. Since I don't do fractals I better stick to my original plan of getting different rings to infuse.

The reason it doesn't work is that "Infused" referenced above means "Blood Ruby Band (Infused)", which is a normal 1-slot Blood Ruby Band that has been combined with (list of stuff) in the Mystic Toilet, and has *two* infusion slots instead of just one.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> If you aren't doing Fractals, then you probably don't need to fully upgrade (Attune & Infuse) both rings for the Agony Resistance, so grabbing 2 Blood Ruby Bands and attuning one of them so that you can use them both would be a relatively easy route.

Well attuning requires me to do fractals so I think you mean infusing. In essence you're right but I know that over time I will put some infusions in with some extra stats. It's not what I need to have but I just enjoy the gearing process. So I'm just getting ascended gear because it gives me something to do more than anything else.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > > Got **7 Blood Rubies** along with some Dust, one salvagable hide and something else (forgot) out of mine today.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 7 Rubies is more than you get from farming the map (most of the time), so I think I will be replacing all my LWS3 necklaces and rings with Bloodstone ones over time. ;)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction. At least that's what I remember being the case.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you Infuse and/or Attune an item it is only "unique" with respect to another item that has the exact same Infuse/Attune state.

> > > > >

> > > > > I.e., If you Attune your Blood Ruby Band you can equip another regular Blood Ruby Band.

> > > >

> > > > oh wait, that's interesting information. So if I infuse one and I can have another equipped as long as it doesn't have the same infusion? That means I can just do the winterberry farm and get everything I need there, cause that's about the easiest farm for trinkets out there.

> > >

> > > Here are the combos that WILL NOT work:

> > >

> > > Regular + Regular

> > > Infused + Infused

> > > Attuned + Attuned

> > > Infused & Attuned + Infused & Attuned

> > >

> > > Any other combination of Regular, Infused, Attuned, and Infused & Attuned should be allowed to be equipped together.

> >

> > Ahh thanks for specifying that. So two different infusions will not do the trick. Since I don't do fractals I better stick to my original plan of getting different rings to infuse.

>

> The reason it doesn't work is that "Infused" referenced above means "Blood Ruby Band (Infused)", which is a normal 1-slot Blood Ruby Band that has been combined with (list of stuff) in the Mystic Toilet, and has *two* infusion slots instead of just one.

Yeah, I read up on attunement and it requires you to go to fractals so I don't count on having those two slot versions.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > If you aren't doing Fractals, then you probably don't need to fully upgrade (Attune & Infuse) both rings for the Agony Resistance, so grabbing 2 Blood Ruby Bands and attuning one of them so that you can use them both would be a relatively easy route.

> Well attuning requires me to do fractals so I think you mean infusing. In essence you're right but I know that over time I will put some infusions in with some extra stats. It's not what I need to have but I just enjoy the gearing process. So I'm just getting ascended gear because it gives me something to do more than anything else.

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > > > Got **7 Blood Rubies** along with some Dust, one salvagable hide and something else (forgot) out of mine today.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 7 Rubies is more than you get from farming the map (most of the time), so I think I will be replacing all my LWS3 necklaces and rings with Bloodstone ones over time. ;)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction. At least that's what I remember being the case.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you Infuse and/or Attune an item it is only "unique" with respect to another item that has the exact same Infuse/Attune state.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I.e., If you Attune your Blood Ruby Band you can equip another regular Blood Ruby Band.

> > > > >

> > > > > oh wait, that's interesting information. So if I infuse one and I can have another equipped as long as it doesn't have the same infusion? That means I can just do the winterberry farm and get everything I need there, cause that's about the easiest farm for trinkets out there.

> > > >

> > > > Here are the combos that WILL NOT work:

> > > >

> > > > Regular + Regular

> > > > Infused + Infused

> > > > Attuned + Attuned

> > > > Infused & Attuned + Infused & Attuned

> > > >

> > > > Any other combination of Regular, Infused, Attuned, and Infused & Attuned should be allowed to be equipped together.

> > >

> > > Ahh thanks for specifying that. So two different infusions will not do the trick. Since I don't do fractals I better stick to my original plan of getting different rings to infuse.

> >

> > The reason it doesn't work is that "Infused" referenced above means "Blood Ruby Band (Infused)", which is a normal 1-slot Blood Ruby Band that has been combined with (list of stuff) in the Mystic Toilet, and has *two* infusion slots instead of just one.

> Yeah, I read up on attunement and it requires you to go to fractals so I don't count on having those two slot versions.

>

Just to clarify:

Infusing a ring is a different, confusingly named, thing from putting an Infusion into a ring.

1. Infusing is the process of using materials from Fractals to add an extra Infusion slot to a ring.

2. Putting an Infusion into a ring is the process of double-clicking an Infusion and selecting a ring and slot to put it into (this is how you get the extra stats and Agony Resistance).

3. Attuning is similar to Infusing (in that it adds an extra Infusion slot to a ring) but you don't actually have to do Fractals to get the materials necessary, you just need to have unlocked the 2nd tier of the Fractal mastery to open up the vendor who sells the thing you need for 24s. The +1 AR Infusion is basically free on the Trading Post and the Philosopher Stone is from Miyani by the Mystic Forge.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> https://dulfy.net/2018/10/02/gw2-gemstore-update-black-lion-expedition-nightwatch-stool/

> Table of possible stuff:

>

> **Dry Top/Silverwastes**

> 2 Nopals

> 2 Pieces of Ambrite

> 4 Superior Ingredient Pouches (cooking mats)

> 1 Bowl of Prickly Pear Sorbet

> 3 Orichalcum Ore

>

> **Ember Bay**

> 4 Elder Wood Logs

> 5 Empyreal Fragments

> 1 Plate of Sweet Curried Mussels

> 3 Ancient Wood Logs

> 3 Petrified Wood

>

> **Siren’s Landing**

> 3x Superior Ingredients Pouches

> 4x Dragonite Ore

> 3x Orrian Pearls

> 1x Fried Oyster Sandwich

> 1x Exquisite Ingredients Pouch (cooking mats)

>

This is super helpful. Thanks for putting it together! (And thanks to anyone else who expands the info -- I think all of us players benefit.)

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> Is this automatic without logging in? Once you log in like the 28-day cycle? or have to go to your Home Instance?

>

You get an in-game mail with items from the board for each day you log in. Similar to the daily log-in reward, you don't accumulate rewards over a span of time and get multiple deliveries when you log in -- one per 24-hour period.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > If you aren't doing Fractals, then you probably don't need to fully upgrade (Attune & Infuse) both rings for the Agony Resistance, so grabbing 2 Blood Ruby Bands and attuning one of them so that you can use them both would be a relatively easy route.

> > Well attuning requires me to do fractals so I think you mean infusing. In essence you're right but I know that over time I will put some infusions in with some extra stats. It's not what I need to have but I just enjoy the gearing process. So I'm just getting ascended gear because it gives me something to do more than anything else.

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > > > > Got **7 Blood Rubies** along with some Dust, one salvagable hide and something else (forgot) out of mine today.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 7 Rubies is more than you get from farming the map (most of the time), so I think I will be replacing all my LWS3 necklaces and rings with Bloodstone ones over time. ;)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction. At least that's what I remember being the case.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you Infuse and/or Attune an item it is only "unique" with respect to another item that has the exact same Infuse/Attune state.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I.e., If you Attune your Blood Ruby Band you can equip another regular Blood Ruby Band.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > oh wait, that's interesting information. So if I infuse one and I can have another equipped as long as it doesn't have the same infusion? That means I can just do the winterberry farm and get everything I need there, cause that's about the easiest farm for trinkets out there.

> > > > >

> > > > > Here are the combos that WILL NOT work:

> > > > >

> > > > > Regular + Regular

> > > > > Infused + Infused

> > > > > Attuned + Attuned

> > > > > Infused & Attuned + Infused & Attuned

> > > > >

> > > > > Any other combination of Regular, Infused, Attuned, and Infused & Attuned should be allowed to be equipped together.

> > > >

> > > > Ahh thanks for specifying that. So two different infusions will not do the trick. Since I don't do fractals I better stick to my original plan of getting different rings to infuse.

> > >

> > > The reason it doesn't work is that "Infused" referenced above means "Blood Ruby Band (Infused)", which is a normal 1-slot Blood Ruby Band that has been combined with (list of stuff) in the Mystic Toilet, and has *two* infusion slots instead of just one.

> > Yeah, I read up on attunement and it requires you to go to fractals so I don't count on having those two slot versions.

> >

>

> Just to clarify:

> Infusing a ring is a different, confusingly named, thing from putting an Infusion into a ring.

>

> 1. Infusing is the process of using materials from Fractals to add an extra Infusion slot to a ring.

>

> 2. Putting an Infusion into a ring is the process of double-clicking an Infusion and selecting a ring and slot to put it into (this is how you get the extra stats and Agony Resistance).

>

> 3. Attuning is similar to Infusing (in that it adds an extra Infusion slot to a ring) but you don't actually have to do Fractals to get the materials necessary, you just need to have unlocked the 2nd tier of the Fractal mastery to open up the vendor who sells the thing you need for 24s. The +1 AR Infusion is basically free on the Trading Post and the Philosopher Stone is from Miyani by the Mystic Forge.

>

Once again, thank you for clarifying. I thought the vendor required you to go inside the fractals themselves but I found the vendor at Mistlock Sanctuary for which I have the permanent pass and I do happen to have the level 2 mastery, so that means I can indeed attune rings now.

Just out of curiosity, I have a question if I may. I bought this infusion which gives you that ghostly effect (that's why I got it) but it also has AR9 and a stats bonus on it. I saw in my stats overview that this also gave me a character rating of AR9. I sort of assumed I needed to put infusions in all my gear to get an overall AR rating. So do I understand it correctly that it's simply cumulative and any AR infusion I add just stacks with the rest like that? Not a key issue for me clearly but I was wondering what to do with the infusion slots because for my main I like to get the best I can get just for the fun of it and I may be interested in adding more infusions even if it's just for the stat points. And hell, maybe one day I'll give fractals a shot. One never knows.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> Just out of curiosity, I have a question if I may. I bought this infusion which gives you that ghostly effect (that's why I got it) but it also has AR9 and a stats bonus on it. I saw in my stats overview that this also gave me a character rating of AR9. I sort of assumed I needed to put infusions in all my gear to get an overall AR rating. So do I understand it correctly that it's simply cumulative and any AR infusion I add just stacks with the rest like that? Not a key issue for me clearly but I was wondering what to do with the infusion slots because for my main I like to get the best I can get just for the fun of it and I may be interested in adding more infusions even if it's just for the stat points. And hell, maybe one day I'll give fractals a shot. One never knows.

Yes, that's right. Your total AR is the sum of the individual +AR values of the infusions you have. If you have some empty slots (or, indeed, slotless gear pieces), they contribute nothing. The "(Infused)" variants of trinkets allow you to add more infusions - in a sense, the () should be "(More Infusable)".

And of course you can get into "low scale" fractals with no +AR at all, since the first 19 levels of Fractal don't have any Agony for you to resist.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction.

Nothing new there, but you forget that you can wear two if one is attuned and the other one isn't. ;)

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> This is super helpful. Thanks for putting it together! (And thanks to anyone else who expands the info -- I think all of us players benefit.)

If only people did! I asked for info from the others, but apparently derailing this into an infusion/attunement thread has been prioritized. :/

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> * 5 Piles of Bloodstone Dust

> * 2 Mithril Ingots

> * **2 Blood Rubies**

> * Unstable Hide --> 3 Hardened Leather Sections

> * 2 Orichalcum Ingots

* 8 Rubies today <3

* 3 PIles of Bloodstone Dust

* 4 Mithril Ore

* 1 Unstable Metal Chunk (salvage material)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > I fear that you may only be able to replace half of the rings since you can only equip one of them on each character due to the unique restriction.

>

> Nothing new there, but you forget that you can wear two if one is attuned and the other one isn't. ;)

I think you missed the whole conversation that followed where @"mtpelion.4562" already explained that to me. It is however still kind of you to want to explain it so thanks in any case :D

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > Just out of curiosity, I have a question if I may. I bought this infusion which gives you that ghostly effect (that's why I got it) but it also has AR9 and a stats bonus on it. I saw in my stats overview that this also gave me a character rating of AR9. I sort of assumed I needed to put infusions in all my gear to get an overall AR rating. So do I understand it correctly that it's simply cumulative and any AR infusion I add just stacks with the rest like that? Not a key issue for me clearly but I was wondering what to do with the infusion slots because for my main I like to get the best I can get just for the fun of it and I may be interested in adding more infusions even if it's just for the stat points. And hell, maybe one day I'll give fractals a shot. One never knows.

>

> Yes, that's right. Your total AR is the sum of the individual +AR values of the infusions you have. If you have some empty slots (or, indeed, slotless gear pieces), they contribute nothing. The "(Infused)" variants of trinkets allow you to add more infusions - in a sense, the () should be "(More Infusable)".

>

> And of course you can get into "low scale" fractals with no +AR at all, since the first 19 levels of Fractal don't have any Agony for you to resist.

Cheers for that!

This is actually a great thing to have considering certain places can get VERY tedious when it comes to farming -- looking at everything not named Bitterfrost Frontier or Siren's Landing -- as you can slowly get materials to help you net specific things from maps you DO farm in, such as Lake Doric, Draconis Mons, Ember Bay and Bloodstone Fen (esp. Lake Doric and Bloodstone Fen -- the special mat drop rate has been terrible for me, not to mention White Mantle being j......ormags).

(subnote: skritt is innocent, I swear)

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > Picked Bitterfrost.

> > > Recieved: 2 Superior Ingredients Pouches, 4 Dragonite, 8x Fresh Winterberries and Winterberry Sorbet.

> > > Chef mats in the Pouches too.

> > >

> > > Edit: And why would Bloodstone Fen or Draconis Mons be better?

> >

> > They have more valuable resource nodes, assuming the choice is actually a meaningful difference. A couple WInterberries a day also never hurt, especially for somebody like me who doesn't actually enter the map anymore.

>

> I have a full set of viper trinkets in bank already, so im not picky tbh.

The next groundbreaking stat combination is right around the corner! But really, I am working towards gearing up my other characters without having to ever swap gear around, I definitely welcome it lol

> @"altermaven.7385" said:

> This is actually a great thing to have considering certain places can get VERY tedious when it comes to farming -- looking at everything not named Bitterfrost Frontier or Siren's Landing -- as you can slowly get materials to help you net specific things from maps you DO farm in, such as Lake Doric, Draconis Mons, Ember Bay and Bloodstone Fen (esp. Lake Doric and Bloodstone Fen -- the special mat drop rate has been terrible for me, not to mention White Mantle being j......ormags).

>

> (subnote: skritt is innocent, I swear)

The Primeval Orchids and Jade Shards are 100% chance to drop from their respective nodes, but they are capped at a maximum number per day per account, not per chara (unlike Pearls and Berries ofc which you can farm every day on every character and there is no cap). The Petrified Wood and Blood Rubies, though... those can be really rough.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > This is actually a great thing to have considering certain places can get VERY tedious when it comes to farming -- looking at everything not named Bitterfrost Frontier or Siren's Landing -- as you can slowly get materials to help you net specific things from maps you DO farm in, such as Lake Doric, Draconis Mons, Ember Bay and Bloodstone Fen (esp. Lake Doric and Bloodstone Fen -- the special mat drop rate has been terrible for me, not to mention White Mantle being j......ormags).

> >

> > (subnote: skritt is innocent, I swear)

>

> The Primeval Orchids and Jade Shards are 100% chance to drop from their respective nodes, but they are capped at a maximum number per day per account, not per chara (unlike Pearls and Berries ofc which you can farm every day on every character and there is no cap). The Petrified Wood and Blood Rubies, though... those can be really rough.

I honestly did not know this. That's why I've basically been pulling my hair every time I attempted Lake Doric.

> @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > > This is actually a great thing to have considering certain places can get VERY tedious when it comes to farming -- looking at everything not named Bitterfrost Frontier or Siren's Landing -- as you can slowly get materials to help you net specific things from maps you DO farm in, such as Lake Doric, Draconis Mons, Ember Bay and Bloodstone Fen (esp. Lake Doric and Bloodstone Fen -- the special mat drop rate has been terrible for me, not to mention White Mantle being j......ormags).

> > >

> > > (subnote: skritt is innocent, I swear)

> >

> > The Primeval Orchids and Jade Shards are 100% chance to drop from their respective nodes, but they are capped at a maximum number per day per account, not per chara (unlike Pearls and Berries ofc which you can farm every day on every character and there is no cap). The Petrified Wood and Blood Rubies, though... those can be really rough.

>

> I honestly did not know this. That's why I've basically been pulling my hair every time I attempted Lake Doric.

Jade Shards and Primordial Orchids do not have a 100% drop chance.

The chance seems to be higher than Petrified Wood and seems to be a lot higher than Bloodstone Rubies but it's definitely not 100%.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > > > This is actually a great thing to have considering certain places can get VERY tedious when it comes to farming -- looking at everything not named Bitterfrost Frontier or Siren's Landing -- as you can slowly get materials to help you net specific things from maps you DO farm in, such as Lake Doric, Draconis Mons, Ember Bay and Bloodstone Fen (esp. Lake Doric and Bloodstone Fen -- the special mat drop rate has been terrible for me, not to mention White Mantle being j......ormags).

> > > >

> > > > (subnote: skritt is innocent, I swear)

> > >

> > > The Primeval Orchids and Jade Shards are 100% chance to drop from their respective nodes, but they are capped at a maximum number per day per account, not per chara (unlike Pearls and Berries ofc which you can farm every day on every character and there is no cap). The Petrified Wood and Blood Rubies, though... those can be really rough.

> >

> > I honestly did not know this. That's why I've basically been pulling my hair every time I attempted Lake Doric.

>

> Jade Shards and Primordial Orchids do not have a 100% drop chance.

>

> The chance seems to be higher than Petrified Wood and seems to be a lot higher than Bloodstone Rubies but it's definitely not 100%.

I mean, I have never ever not had one drop from any of the nodes on my first character through in a day... second character yes, but never the first.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > > > > This is actually a great thing to have considering certain places can get VERY tedious when it comes to farming -- looking at everything not named Bitterfrost Frontier or Siren's Landing -- as you can slowly get materials to help you net specific things from maps you DO farm in, such as Lake Doric, Draconis Mons, Ember Bay and Bloodstone Fen (esp. Lake Doric and Bloodstone Fen -- the special mat drop rate has been terrible for me, not to mention White Mantle being j......ormags).

> > > > >

> > > > > (subnote: skritt is innocent, I swear)

> > > >

> > > > The Primeval Orchids and Jade Shards are 100% chance to drop from their respective nodes, but they are capped at a maximum number per day per account, not per chara (unlike Pearls and Berries ofc which you can farm every day on every character and there is no cap). The Petrified Wood and Blood Rubies, though... those can be really rough.

> > >

> > > I honestly did not know this. That's why I've basically been pulling my hair every time I attempted Lake Doric.

> >

> > Jade Shards and Primordial Orchids do not have a 100% drop chance.

> >

> > The chance seems to be higher than Petrified Wood and seems to be a lot higher than Bloodstone Rubies but it's definitely not 100%.

>

> I mean, I have never ever not had one drop from any of the nodes on my first character through in a day... second character yes, but never the first.

I don't recall ever getting no Jade, but I get no Orchids MOST of the time.