Illusion Chrono for 5 Man

Me Games Ma.8426

So yeah as the title says. In theory running Illusion and _any other line_ with full boon duration and improved alacrity a single chrono should still be able to maintain quickness.

in 60s (recharge of cs under full alacrity uptime you get

* 20s from tw

* 3×6s from soi 18s

* 3×8s from woa 24s

adds to 62s. so you can maintain it.

alacrity:

* 3×6s from soi 18s

* 3×8s from wor 24s

* 3×2×4s from tides of time 24s

adds up to 66s. means: you can keep it all up. just chaos chrono is no more and you gotta catch 'em all. (your shields that is)

**Build:**

Equipment: Have 67% boonduration and Sigil of concentration.

Inspiration: 123

Illusions: 221

Chronomancer: 232

Weapons: Sword&Sword / Sword&Shield

Skills: Signet of the Ether, Signet of Inspiration, Well of Action, Well of Recall, Timewarp.

Rough Rotation: _I have not maxed out anything as this is just how itncould look in theory. The problem is that you need to cast 4 1/2 skills in CS and I don't know if 3s of CS would be enough for that._

* Sword 5

* Sword 3

* Weapon Swap

* Time Warp into Continuum Split

* Tides of Time

* Signet of Inspiration

* Well of Action+Recall

* Continuum Split _ends_

* Tides of Time

* Weapon Swap

* Signet of Inspiration

* Well of Action+Recall

* Attack until Signet and Wells are ready

* Weapon Swap

* Tides of Time

* Signet of Inspiration

* Well of Action+Recall

* Swap as soon as Possible

* Attack until Continuum Split is ready

* Repeat from Step 3

Notes:

* Spam Phantasms in Attack phases

* Don't ahatter before you can go into CS

* Use Continuum Split in aftercast of Time Warp

* This is for 5 man content only.

> @"Me Games Ma.8426" said:

> Thing is that illusions and timewarp are now required for 100% quickness and alacrity. (When no second chrono is present)

If you're doing like fractal cm's and aren't phasing the boss in the span of 4 stacked SoI's (cuz cs+mimic) + ToT/Well of Action's boons that's not really your fault--that's crazy low dps... And if your dps isn't good enough to phase him, they aren't even making use of all the alacrity they're chirping for anyways.

To break that down with numbers, if you're using mimic within your cs, that's 36 seconds of quickness and alacrity (and all your other chaos boons) *JUST* from SoI... That's not counting WoA or ToT (or timewarp if you're brave enough to do fractals w/o Moa.) Generally speaking, you should be phasing the boss in the span of 1 breakbar, but even if you're group is slacking, you easily do it in two, and this boon set up covers that.

With 100% self alacrity uptime, you need to be in combat for 45 seconds before you can take advantage of Illusions' reduced cs duration (as opposed to 53 seconds without Illusions.) While it's true that a lot of groups might not phase the boss in 45 seconds, I think the big problem with illusions is that you *will* be phasing the boss shortly after that point... So you wouldn't want to use that earlier cs anyways, as it would just be wasted while you're spread out doing mechanics. And then, once mechanics are done and it's time to dps again, you'd have had cs back without illusions anyways.

I guess a lot of the older fractals' bosses don't have phases tho, so Illusions would be pretty useful in some of your typical t4 dailies... But it definitely doesn't seem needed in CM's or the newer fractals like TO or Derpstone. I suppose having different builds for different fractals (beyond just taking focus reflect or not) is a good thing and keeps chrono jail a little more interesting at least.

So unless I'm messing up my calculation, which is possible...

Run chaos, Chrono, insp just like always. Use mimic, well of action, SoI.

CS is on a base 105s cooldown, so with alacrity our cycle is 70s. WoA is 16.6s CD, so just call it 17. ToT and SoI are on 20s each.

Start with 2x ToT, 2x WoA, 4x SoI using mimic with CS. This provides 40s each.

Over the next 70 seconds, we can use WoA 4 times, but call it 3 so that it's off cooldown when CS hits. This generates 24 seconds of quickness.

Over the next 70 seconds we can use ToT and SoI 3 times with 10s overlap on CS. This generates 18 seconds of quickness and 42 seconds of alacrity.

Add it up: 40s start, 24 quickness, 18 quickness: 82s quickness on a 70/80s cycle.

40s start, 42 alacrity: again 82s alacrity on a 70/80s cycle.

The slick thing here is that you're generating exactly equal amounts of quickness and alacrity, so we're perfectly balanced in all things. Also, the alacrity is actually all produced with a possible 10 target limit, which opens the opportunity for a 2nd raid Chrono to use the 5-target SoI and heal instead.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> So unless I'm messing up my calculation, which is possible...

>

> Run chaos, Chrono, insp just like always. Use mimic, well of action, SoI.

>

> CS is on a base 105s cooldown, so with alacrity our cycle is 70s. WoA is 16.6s CD, so just call it 17. ToT and SoI are on 20s each.

>

> Start with 2x ToT, 2x WoA, 4x SoI using mimic with CS. This provides 40s each.

>

> Over the next 70 seconds, we can use WoA 4 times, but call it 3 so that it's off cooldown when CS hits. This generates 24 seconds of quickness.

>

> Over the next 70 seconds we can use ToT and SoI 3 times with 10s overlap on CS. This generates 18 seconds of quickness and 42 seconds of alacrity.

>

> Add it up: 40s start, 24 quickness, 18 quickness: 82s quickness on a 70/80s cycle.

>

> 40s start, 42 alacrity: again 82s alacrity on a 70/80s cycle.

>

> The slick thing here is that you're generating exactly equal amounts of quickness and alacrity, so we're perfectly balanced in all things. Also, the alacrity is actually all produced with a possible 10 target limit, which opens the opportunity for a 2nd raid Chrono to use the 5-target SoI and heal instead.

I did not expect that. I actually came to the mesmer section after realizing that Renegade can do perma alacrity to 10 people with just 1 button press (F4 + 78% boon duration) but...

If Chrono can do 100% alacrity to 10 people, and some quickness to 10 people, wouldn't it be better to bring a condi FB with a bit of quickness to cover the second subgroup? That actually seems like the ideal comp for group DPS instead of a second chrono.

A Renegade with no boon duration covers 9 out of 16 seconds of alacrity on 10 people. They could go nearly full DPS minus 1 GM trait and 20 energy every 16 seconds. Decent damage and bonus AP and kalla elite for more damage. Can a Chrono pair with this as well? Like if the Chrono shares alacrity only through SoI to cover the gaps in 0% boon duration renegade, can TW +10 target SoI +mimic give 100% quickness to 10 people?

I'm thinking illusion/inspiriation/chrono. 67 second CD on TW. If I recall correctly, TW doesn't actually hit 20 seconds of quickness due to boon cap but I think Mimic + SoI could cover the rest?

I think optimal is probably gonna be druid + Chrono + heal chrono or druid + Chrono + heal fb. You use the 10-target buffing ability to drop the normal 2nd healer in favor of a hybrid boon healer, either chrono or fb.

I'm not entirely sure how renegade would fit into it, but maybe something like...

Druid + 10 target zerk Chrono + heal firebrand + dps renegade giving alacrity.

Idk if that would end up with more dps than just 3 dedicated supports and 1 extra full dps.

@"Pyroatheist.9031"

Thabks for the calculation. I actually just wanted to stop mesmers from panic raging because they couldn't do 5 man boon support anymore.

Also I really like the fact that Illusions can be used without inspiration to offer boon support. Now you can actually deal decent dps while offering quickness and alacrity usind illusions dueling.

another thjng I'm going to test when I get back from vacation this weekend is if Domination (as we now have another 10% dps vuff in there) is worth taking over dueling or illusions (I really doubt it though)

I mean dueling is:

* 20% Phantasm Crit

* Bleed on illusion crit

* 150 ferocity + sword cd

* +15-25 personal crit modifyer

Illusions is:

* more frequent shatters

* 10.4% personal dps (2%^5)

* torment on shatter

* 25% phantasm dmg

Domination now is:

* 15% phantasm dmg

* 10% personal dmg

* 12.5% peraonal dmg

* 25-50% more shatter dmg

> @"Pyroatheist.9031"

> Thabks for the calculation. I actually just wanted to stop mesmers from panic raging because they couldn't do 5 man boon support anymore.

>

> Also I really like the fact that Illusions can be used without inspiration to offer boon support. Now you can actually deal decent dps while offering quickness and alacrity usind illusions dueling.

> _______________________________________

> another thjng I'm going to test when I get back from vacation this weekend is if Domination (as we now have another 10% dps vuff in there) is worth taking over dueling or illusions (I really doubt it though)

> I mean dueling is:

> * 20% Phantasm Crit

> * Bleed on illusion crit

> * 150 ferocity + sword cd

> * +15-25 personal crit modifyer

>

> Illusions is:

> * more frequent shatters

> * 10.4% personal dps (2%^5)

> * torment on shatter

> * 25% phantasm dmg

>

> Domination now is:

> * 15% phantasm dmg

> * 10% personal dmg

> * 12.5% peraonal dmg

> * 25-50% more shatter dmg

Taking domination over illusions is a boon share loss, since in illusions you have Master of Misdirection and that is giving 15% CD reduc on cSplit

> @"Nepster.4275" said:

> > @"Me Games Ma.8426" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031"

> > Thabks for the calculation. I actually just wanted to stop mesmers from panic raging because they couldn't do 5 man boon support anymore.

> >

> > Also I really like the fact that Illusions can be used without inspiration to offer boon support. Now you can actually deal decent dps while offering quickness and alacrity usind illusions dueling.

> > _______________________________________

> > another thjng I'm going to test when I get back from vacation this weekend is if Domination (as we now have another 10% dps vuff in there) is worth taking over dueling or illusions (I really doubt it though)

> > I mean dueling is:

> > * 20% Phantasm Crit

> > * Bleed on illusion crit

> > * 150 ferocity + sword cd

> > * +15-25 personal crit modifyer

> >

> > Illusions is:

> > * more frequent shatters

> > * 10.4% personal dps (2%^5)

> > * torment on shatter

> > * 25% phantasm dmg

> >

> > Domination now is:

> > * 15% phantasm dmg

> > * 10% personal dmg

> > * 12.5% peraonal dmg

> > * 25-50% more shatter dmg

>

> Taking domination over illusions is a boon share loss, since in illusions you have Master of Misdirection and that is giving 15% CD reduc on cSplit

umm sorry, the last paragraph was only about dps builds. should have clarified. i just didn't want to open a new threat just for this statement.

> > @"Nepster.4275" said:

> > > @"Me Games Ma.8426" said:

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031"

> > > Thabks for the calculation. I actually just wanted to stop mesmers from panic raging because they couldn't do 5 man boon support anymore.

> > >

> > > Also I really like the fact that Illusions can be used without inspiration to offer boon support. Now you can actually deal decent dps while offering quickness and alacrity usind illusions dueling.

> > > _______________________________________

> > > another thjng I'm going to test when I get back from vacation this weekend is if Domination (as we now have another 10% dps vuff in there) is worth taking over dueling or illusions (I really doubt it though)

> > > I mean dueling is:

> > > * 20% Phantasm Crit

> > > * Bleed on illusion crit

> > > * 150 ferocity + sword cd

> > > * +15-25 personal crit modifyer

> > >

> > > Illusions is:

> > > * more frequent shatters

> > > * 10.4% personal dps (2%^5)

> > > * torment on shatter

> > > * 25% phantasm dmg

> > >

> > > Domination now is:

> > > * 15% phantasm dmg

> > > * 10% personal dmg

> > > * 12.5% peraonal dmg

> > > * 25-50% more shatter dmg

> >

> > Taking domination over illusions is a boon share loss, since in illusions you have Master of Misdirection and that is giving 15% CD reduc on cSplit

>

> umm sorry, the last paragraph was only about dps builds. should have clarified. i just didn't want to open a new threat just for this statement.

Uh, yeah sorry about that