Enable Auto Attack on left click in Action Camera

Liu Xuande.1948

Title says it all, I have recently begun playing Thief and this has been kind of annoying me lately, I don't see a reason why it should not work this way. I either have to reach over and press 1 or bind it to one of my other mouse buttons. Why not just let me auto attack by left clicking? Isn't the whole idea of action cam convenience?

> @"Liu Xuande.1948" said:

> Title says it all, I have recently begun playing Thief and this has been kind of annoying me lately, I don't see a reason why it should not work this way. I either have to reach over and press 1 or bind it to one of my other mouse buttons. Why not just let me auto attack by left clicking? Isn't the whole idea of action cam convenience?

What you are asking for is literally the default. If you can't do it, it's because you changed something in your settings.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Liu Xuande.1948" said:

> > Title says it all, I have recently begun playing Thief and this has been kind of annoying me lately, I don't see a reason why it should not work this way. I either have to reach over and press 1 or bind it to one of my other mouse buttons. Why not just let me auto attack by left clicking? Isn't the whole idea of action cam convenience?

>

> What you are asking for is literally the default. If you can't do it, it's because you changed something in your settings.

Incorrect, when using action cam you would have to hold down left click, or press what you have bound to weapon skill 1

> @"Liu Xuande.1948" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Liu Xuande.1948" said:

> > > Title says it all, I have recently begun playing Thief and this has been kind of annoying me lately, I don't see a reason why it should not work this way. I either have to reach over and press 1 or bind it to one of my other mouse buttons. Why not just let me auto attack by left clicking? Isn't the whole idea of action cam convenience?

> >

> > What you are asking for is literally the default. If you can't do it, it's because you changed something in your settings.

>

> Incorrect, when using action cam you would have to hold down left click, or press what you have bound to weapon skill 1

So? It's exactly what you're asking for.

> @TheVindelator.8239 said:

> This would be so much better. Right now I have my right mouse button rebound (in mouse software) to a key and I use that key for auto attack. Not a great work around.

>

> I could probably rig something in autohotkey that wouldn't violate the rules but I'd rather not risk it.

You don't have to rebind anything. The default works exactly like this.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Liu Xuande.1948" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @"Liu Xuande.1948" said:

> > > > Title says it all, I have recently begun playing Thief and this has been kind of annoying me lately, I don't see a reason why it should not work this way. I either have to reach over and press 1 or bind it to one of my other mouse buttons. Why not just let me auto attack by left clicking? Isn't the whole idea of action cam convenience?

> > >

> > > What you are asking for is literally the default. If you can't do it, it's because you changed something in your settings.

> >

> > Incorrect, when using action cam you would have to hold down left click, or press what you have bound to weapon skill 1

>

> So? It's exactly what you're asking for.

I believe the OP is asking for the auto-attack to initiate when you press LMB, not when you press the actual key it's bound to. I agree with the OP, it would be nice to have auto-attack on LMB. I do understand that they want the game to feel like an action game by making us press or hold the key to play, though. If Joel Helmich could chime in here it would be nice.