Returning player

Hello guys. Im thinking of returning to Gw2 after a looooong break.

Im not an alt person so I usualy play with one main character.

My question is , what profession is best for someone like me?

Im searching for a profession that is good in all game modes and with diferent playstyles so I wont get bored quickly.

Sorry if i made some gramma mistakes.

Thank you

> @"Sandclap.5871" said:

> My question is , what profession is best for someone like me?

> Im searching for a profession that is good in all game modes and with diferent playstyles so I wont get bored quickly.

> Thank you

If you're not too experienced of a player or you would like to refresh your skills, play either warrior, ranger or necromancer. Warrior and ranger are both good in PvE and PvP environments. Necromancer isn't bad in PvE, it's just that there is so few good builds that can be run in any raid, but in PvP it's the best team fighter out of every profession.

My recommendation, as a ranger main, is unsurprisingly ranger. In a single day of gameplay, I can do high condi dps, power dps, hybrid power dps with modest group support, and full on healing/buffing. If you invest in getting gear for all the roles you envision yourself playing (as well as learning all those different playstyles), ranger will serve you well anywhere.

As versatile as ranger is, just remember that by design, there is no one class that excels at everything, everywhere. The virtue of a class like ranger is that it can do most things modestly well, and can be built to do a few things exceptionally well.

Warriors, guardians, rangers, engineers and elementalists (don't know about revenants) are professions that can "do it all", i.e. can offer some offensive capability as well as team utility as well as good self-sustain.

Going for more diverse playstyles I would suggest:

- a guardian (well-rounded and a joy to play),

- an engineer (can be built in a variety of different ways),

- an elementalist (carries a lot of weapon skills at any given moment allowing for some sweet combinations).