Yet a different Luck suggestion...

Please hear me out, I aim to suggest what I _imagine_ would be a lo-fi way to handle excess luck in the game for capped players (who are already a significant minority).

So we've heard before suggestions about a luck eater/converter in the same vein as Mawdrey II, Princess, etc. Those are nice and all but to me they fuel a different problem in that if they are converted to bags to open then 1) they will indirectly generate more luck (albeit a low feedback loop), 2) they will directly generate more materials/raw gold, 3) adds yet another slow sink to something that can accrue quickly depending on your in game activities, and 4) isn't really the point of luck.

If I remember correctly, part of the effort to make blues/greens more valuable and worth to salvage was adding luck to the game as a way to increase personal magic find account-wide. Once hitting the cap, the only motivation to salvage blue/green items is for their materials and luck is only a sort of clog for the hoarders (myself included).

What I propose is adding a single Mystic Forge recipe for the Exotic tier of Essence of Luck that accepts 4 stacks of 250 essences (aka 200,000 luck total) and returns a single booster. Now whether this booster is a brand new 5% Magic Find booster that stacks with others, or is simply an Enchanted Reward booster or pure RNG booster, that's up to implementation. There are now X problems with this.

1. Players have consumed luck over the cap already, how is that fixed/rectified?

2. Legendary Essence of Luck has no conversion to other tiers.

3. Possible indirect impact to candy corn market

As for the 1, either with the implementation or a later date I'd hope that extra luck that had been consumed could be 'spent' at a vendor or mailed to the player (like karma jugs with the change to boosters' interaction with consumable karma change). Number 2 could be addressed with a vendor as well for a conversion ratio of 2 Legendary tier luck for 10 Exotic tier luck. Number 3 is the doozey, and the only way that I can come up with to mitigate it would be to just use a booster that stacks, or some other existing booster that doesn't compete with the boosts given by the candy corn one. (Or even adjusting faucets on candy corn during H'ween & from Trick-or-Treat bags to account for the delta in consumption, but I'm not an economist.)

So basically the idea is simply a Mystic Forge recipe to start for a booster either RNG or Enchantend Reward to start so that it takes only minimum development time/effort (hopefully!)

P.S. As a current web developer, I understand that back end systems aren't all that they appear to be - so if even this would be a high effort change, I definitely understand if it were denied.

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> but having to carry around stacks and stacks of blue and green luck essences before you transmute stacks and stacks of them into exotic essences would still be a pain.

While true and I agree it's a pain, I find it easy enough to just throw those in the bank when done on each character then craft them all up in one go. I expect people at the cap have already come up with a system to manage storing it if they aren't consuming it.

My idea, in line with the concept of luck is to have it function as a joker. When for example you put 4 blue items in there in the mystic toilet gives you back one blue piece or maybe (if you're lucky) a green one. So instead of that I'd say use 3 blue items and a blue luck item in there and have it give a higher chance of success of getting that green item.

And if you put 3 greens in with a green luck token then the chance of getting a rare item (yellow) is also raised by a few percent. This could then also make the chance of getting a pre-cursor a little bit higher when doing this with exotics.

This way it still functions as a luck factor without guaranteed results, meaning that the amount people get still have a function. Just an idea.

A more simple solution would just be that we could trade the luck which is "OverCapped" with some NPC, and recieve a reward for it.

Like, lets say... Unlucky Quaggan. You would go to this npc, he would tell you hes extremly unlucky about idk what, maybe ecto gambled idk... And to him, you could trade in the extra luck you consumed. Like, 100000 luck for the 2h magic find booster or a celebration booster. Maybe even some "lucky aura" which costs milions of luck, or a title "Im feeling lucky".

This way, we wouldn't need to clog our inventories/bank with the luck, but could just consume it on the fly.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> A more simple solution would just be that we could trade the luck which is "OverCapped" with some NPC, and recieve a reward for it.

> Like, lets say... Unlucky Quaggan. You would go to this npc, he would tell you hes extremly unlucky about idk what, maybe ecto gambled idk... And to him, you could trade in the extra luck you consumed. Like, 100000 luck for the 2h magic find booster or a celebration booster. Maybe even some "lucky aura" which costs milions of luck, or a title "Im feeling lucky".

>

> This way, we wouldn't need to clog our inventories/bank with the luck, but could just consume it on the fly.

>

>

Yip that unlucky Quaggan Drooburt needs to be a permanent nuisance where we can chuck him our excess luck.. maybe when we personally throw enuff at him we obtain a lucky dip bag.. just kind of like what happens during events but permanent and with lower donation tier.

Or if not a lucky dip purchase other items direct like material orders or a mystic coin, amalgamated gemstones.. items will of course set the donation prices