Power wrench is too powerful + bonus

tinyreborn.1938

Lets talk about this. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_Wrench if you dont know what is that)

For an adept major trait its just absurdly strong trait.That trait must be a grandmaster tier,who thought this is balanced or fine to slap 3seconds ELITE reduction to perma vigor HOLOSMITH need to get fired. I cant think of any adept traits being that OP, not even master traits. Rampage, rampage,rampage, tornado on freaking ~30 seconds? No thanks

Either return old trait or reduce elite cooldown reduction to 1 second (obviously dont touch other component of that trait) . Even 2 seconds would be too much for an adept trait.

Can we also fix bug on elixir U (that gives quickness) unintended endurance gain ? Caused by invigorating speed trait in alchemy trait line.

Holo defenders claiming its a bad trait or this bug was a feature for years , go somewhere else .

I don't even know what to say about the changes made to this trait. The old trait was perfectly fine for core engineer using the Tool Kit even though the damage increase wasn't too noticeable and it was mostly used for the shorter cooldowns on Pry Bar, Gear Shield and Magnet. Kit traits should remain focused on improving kits. Making them general traits that the holosmith can take advantage of is a bad idea.

Also, the trait is bugged. The damage increase is still present and the only thing that was officially removed is the turret repair increase. It still displays 10% turret repair increase, but there is no difference whether you use the trait or not.

Nope.

I'll say it again. Holo is over tuned compared to other specs. Power wrench isn't the problem. The holo spec is.

Please stop calling to nerf things that the core engineer (or other specs that are outclassed by meta builds) desperately need to be viable.

The range and line of sight of holographic shockwave, the ammount of might from corona burst, the damage of forge abilies... pick one, just leave core engi alone.

I will agree so far as to say that internal balance is a bit messed up right now and meta builds are too far ahead from none meta builds. Something should be done (heaven knows it won't be) to reduce that margin and bring back a bit of build diversity.

> @"Peutrifectus.4830" said:

> Nope.

>

> I'll say it again. Holo is over tuned compared to other specs. Power wrench isn't the problem. The holo spec is.

>

> Please stop calling to nerf things that the core engineer (or other specs that are outclassed by meta builds) desperately need to be viable.

I honestly don't see many holosmiths using this trait. It's an incomplete trait for them in the sense that they only get the elite skill coodown and they're leaving out the other half of the trait which is the reduced cooldown on the Tool Kit skills.

> @"Peutrifectus.4830" said:

> Nope.

>

> I'll say it again. Holo is over tuned compared to other specs. Power wrench isn't the problem. The holo spec is.

>

> Please stop calling to nerf things that the core engineer (or other specs that are outclassed by meta builds) desperately need to be viable.

>

> The range and line of sight of holographic shockwave, the ammount of might from corona burst, the damage of forge abilies... pick one, just leave core engi alone.

>

> I will agree so far as to say that internal balance is a bit messed up right now and meta builds are too far ahead from none meta builds. Something should be done (heaven knows it won't be) to reduce that margin and bring back a bit of build diversity.

First of all , core specs its a victim of elite specs. Core mesmer is a good example. Nerfing everything until they overkill something to be unusuable.

Your argument against nerf because...its 'hurt' core? You wasnt even reading what I wrote . -3 seconds cooldown on elite as major adept trait must be kept because... ? Its never been there to begin with . There traits that reduce elite cd as they fall for certain specification like 'turrets' 'elixirs' ,not by dodge spamming with permanent vigor to abuse it to extremes. Its doesnt even make sense to reduce elite cooldown with dodges , power level of this trait is beyond all measure (at least for me) ,compare that to something like RENDING SHATTER on mesmer or any other trash trait on adept tier and -3s elite recharge. Whats wrong with people even ?

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > @"Peutrifectus.4830" said:

> > Nope.

> >

> > I'll say it again. Holo is over tuned compared to other specs. Power wrench isn't the problem. The holo spec is.

> >

> > Please stop calling to nerf things that the core engineer (or other specs that are outclassed by meta builds) desperately need to be viable.

>

> I honestly don't see many holosmiths using this trait. It's an incomplete trait for them in the sense that they only get the elite skill coodown and they're leaving out the other half of the trait which is the reduced cooldown on the Tool Kit skills.

So then what's the problem with Power wrench then? OP complained about Holo's and this change seems like it would hurt core/hot builds more than holo

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > > @"Peutrifectus.4830" said:

> > > Nope.

> > >

> > > I'll say it again. Holo is over tuned compared to other specs. Power wrench isn't the problem. The holo spec is.

> > >

> > > Please stop calling to nerf things that the core engineer (or other specs that are outclassed by meta builds) desperately need to be viable.

> >

> > I honestly don't see many holosmiths using this trait. It's an incomplete trait for them in the sense that they only get the elite skill coodown and they're leaving out the other half of the trait which is the reduced cooldown on the Tool Kit skills.

>

> So then what's the problem with Power wrench then? OP complained about Holo's and this change seems like it would hurt core/hot builds more than holo

OP thinks the cooldown reduction is going to make Elixir X or Prime Light Beam even more powerful. The problem with the trait is that you need to mindlessly spam dodge regardless if you're in combat or not to achieve the cooldown reduction. This has got to be one of the strangest trait changes I've seen ever.

Also, it doesn't hurt core engineer and scrapper. They benefit more from kits compared to holosmith and they're left with an incomplete trait that isn't worth taking unless you use the Tool Kit.