Elite Concept: Plaguemaster

Kam.4092

Poison has always been a condition I wish Necromancer had more access to. I wanted to think of a way to mix Poison, with other themes I wanted brought back from Guild Wars 1, like benefiting from harming yourself. We already have a form of this called Corruptions, but I wish we had something more in depth. Something that really felt more worth it, other than giving yourself conditions, and sending them to the target. This is cool and all, but it could be so much more. I think I found a reasonable way to do this, so I'm just going to start with the concept now.

I'm not going to waste time with naming each skill or trait, but will list what the idea behind each ability in Shroud, and the Heal, Utilities, and Elite.

Plaguemaster

No bonus health bar in Shroud, but high damaging abilities built around a mix of Power and Condition damage.

Weapon: Mainhand Dagger, but it gains new bonuses.

Skill: Built around inflicting self damage, abusing conditions on the target for damage, and a new condition called Toxic.

Shroud skills: Ranged Shroud (900 Range)

1. Single spamming attack that inflicts Poison, and inflicts yourself with Toxin, has power scaling damage as well.

2. Leap attack that evades during, and does damage on landing with a Poison Field. (750 Range)

3. Multi function skill. Turn the poison stacks on your target into a new condition called Plague. It's a more powerful form of poison that Increases physical, and condition damage on the target by 10% for the Necromancer. You can detonate it to cause an explosion of physical damage, and spread Poison to all nearby targets. The Power focused part of it would be multiple fast hits. It would be either choose a single target damage boost, or explode the Toxin for Condition, and Power focused damage in the form of AoE.

4. Fast Whirl attack that inflicts Poison, and Power scaling damage.

5. Pulls targets to you, inflicting Cripple, Dealing low Power scaling damage.

A new mechanic centered around inflicting yourself with Toxin. It will be like a Condition, and deal damage nonstop, but have uses for damage, and defense.

Dagger Skills

The skills would be pretty much the same, but have things added. The dagger auto chain would now inflict Poison, while still scaling off Power damage in the same way.

Life Siphon would be changed to work with Poison and Toxin. It would also deal more damage, and heal more with Toxin.

Dark Pact would inflict Toxin on yourself instead of Bleeding.

Scepter would stay your ranged Condition weapon, and Dagger would become a melee Condition Weapon that would be used to keep Toxin on yourself, heal yourself, Life Force, and damage. Weapon swapping would be a goal. Deathly Swarm would not transfer Toxin. Only your Utilities, and Heal

Heal

Heal for a moderate amount, Heal for more when inflicted with Toxin

Utilities

Inflict yourself with Toxin, and gain Might

Absorb your Toxin and gain Stability, and Protection.

Absorb your Toxin, and gain Superspeed and Quickness.

Elite

Summon 5 rats infected with Plague for 30 seconds that inflict Poison and Weakness.

Major Adept Traits.

Increase Poison damage, Dagger skills do more damage on poisoned targets.

Gain protection and Superspeed when entering Shroud.

Your Minions inflict Poison with their attacks. (Synergy for Minion builds)

Minor Master

Poison you inflict lasts longer, take reduced damage from Poison.

Major Master

Take reduced physical and condition damage while having Toxin

When having Toxin, you have increased Condition Damage, and Power.

Increase Life Force gained from abilities while having Toxin

Minor Grandmaster

Inflicting Poison on a target, also inflicts Bleeding.

Major Grandmaster

Gain a stacking damage buff when striking targets inflicted with Poison. Would be stacking damage for Condition, and Power.

You are healed when attacking targets with Poison.

Entering Shroud Gives a Barrier, Retaliation, and Stability.

I wanted to make the Elite work with Power, and Condition Damage. I don't know how this would even play out, was just an idea.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> you really couldn't come up with a weapon that necro doesn't have access too.

>

> also the skills are a bit too similar to corruption skills

Dagger is a weapon that isn't used much now, and I think in the future, it would be cool if Elites didn't just add new weapons. A lot of Profession weapons could use new bonuses from future Elites. We don't just need a new weapon every time.

Corruptions wouldn't be used in this Elite really, other than Epidemic. They are similar, but self inflicted poison would be near permanent vs short Conditions from Corruptions. There would be more of a theme behind it, other than just using Deathly Swarm to transfer Conditions on you to the target. Corruptions are cool, but don't really feel like they do much in the sense of self sacrificing. My idea is around being a master of poison, and using a self inflicted poison to increase damage, and have access to self support.

> @"Kam.4092" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > you really couldn't come up with a weapon that necro doesn't have access too.

> >

> > also the skills are a bit too similar to corruption skills

>

> Dagger is a weapon that isn't used much now, and I think in the future, it would be cool if Elites didn't just add new weapons. A lot of Profession weapons could use new bonuses from future Elites. We don't just need a new weapon every time.

>

> Corruptions wouldn't be used in this Elite really, other than Epidemic. They are similar, but self inflicted poison would be near permanent vs short Conditions from Corruptions. There would be more of a theme behind it, other than just using Deathly Swarm to transfer Conditions on you to the target. Corruptions are cool, but don't really feel like they do much in the sense of self sacrificing. My idea is around being a master of poison, and using a self inflicted poison to increase damage, and have access to self support.

>

>

i'm certain dagger sees use in support scourge builds.

i looked a little deeper and it's basicly corruption+ with no interesting new mechanic to spice it up a bit and if you're gonna have the self inflicted poison act by it's own rules why use poison at all

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > you really couldn't come up with a weapon that necro doesn't have access too.

> > >

> > > also the skills are a bit too similar to corruption skills

> >

> > Dagger is a weapon that isn't used much now, and I think in the future, it would be cool if Elites didn't just add new weapons. A lot of Profession weapons could use new bonuses from future Elites. We don't just need a new weapon every time.

> >

> > Corruptions wouldn't be used in this Elite really, other than Epidemic. They are similar, but self inflicted poison would be near permanent vs short Conditions from Corruptions. There would be more of a theme behind it, other than just using Deathly Swarm to transfer Conditions on you to the target. Corruptions are cool, but don't really feel like they do much in the sense of self sacrificing. My idea is around being a master of poison, and using a self inflicted poison to increase damage, and have access to self support.

> >

> >

>

> i'm certain dagger sees use in support scourge builds.

>

> i looked a little deeper and it's basicly corruption+ with no interesting new mechanic to spice it up a bit and if you're gonna have the self inflicted poison act by it's own rules why use poison at all

The added mechanic is in the Shroud, and in added benefits, like damage and defense. Corruptions doing give defense. I thought about a ranged spellcastint sword, but we already have Scepter. Thought about Shortbow or Pistol too. Dagger is only used for the Life Force generation, other than that it’s a lacking weapon currently. What do you mean by why use poison at all?

> @"Kam.4092" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > you really couldn't come up with a weapon that necro doesn't have access too.

> > > >

> > > > also the skills are a bit too similar to corruption skills

> > >

> > > Dagger is a weapon that isn't used much now, and I think in the future, it would be cool if Elites didn't just add new weapons. A lot of Profession weapons could use new bonuses from future Elites. We don't just need a new weapon every time.

> > >

> > > Corruptions wouldn't be used in this Elite really, other than Epidemic. They are similar, but self inflicted poison would be near permanent vs short Conditions from Corruptions. There would be more of a theme behind it, other than just using Deathly Swarm to transfer Conditions on you to the target. Corruptions are cool, but don't really feel like they do much in the sense of self sacrificing. My idea is around being a master of poison, and using a self inflicted poison to increase damage, and have access to self support.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > i'm certain dagger sees use in support scourge builds.

> >

> > i looked a little deeper and it's basicly corruption+ with no interesting new mechanic to spice it up a bit and if you're gonna have the self inflicted poison act by it's own rules why use poison at all

>

> The added mechanic is in the Shroud, and in added benefits, like damage and defense. Corruptions doing give defense. I thought about a ranged spellcastint sword, but we already have Scepter. Thought about Shortbow or Pistol too. Dagger is only used for the Life Force generation, other than that it’s a lacking weapon currently.

>What do you mean by why use poison at all?

> A new mechanic centered around inflicting self Poison. This version of Poison won't reduce healing effectiveness, but will still damage you. (Self inflicted Poison can only be removed by the Necromancer)

i'm just gonna leave my opinion of your spec at "fairly lacking"

> @"Kam.4092" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > you really couldn't come up with a weapon that necro doesn't have access too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > also the skills are a bit too similar to corruption skills

> > > > >

> > > > > Dagger is a weapon that isn't used much now, and I think in the future, it would be cool if Elites didn't just add new weapons. A lot of Profession weapons could use new bonuses from future Elites. We don't just need a new weapon every time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Corruptions wouldn't be used in this Elite really, other than Epidemic. They are similar, but self inflicted poison would be near permanent vs short Conditions from Corruptions. There would be more of a theme behind it, other than just using Deathly Swarm to transfer Conditions on you to the target. Corruptions are cool, but don't really feel like they do much in the sense of self sacrificing. My idea is around being a master of poison, and using a self inflicted poison to increase damage, and have access to self support.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > i'm certain dagger sees use in support scourge builds.

> > > >

> > > > i looked a little deeper and it's basicly corruption+ with no interesting new mechanic to spice it up a bit and if you're gonna have the self inflicted poison act by it's own rules why use poison at all

> > >

> > > The added mechanic is in the Shroud, and in added benefits, like damage and defense. Corruptions doing give defense. I thought about a ranged spellcastint sword, but we already have Scepter. Thought about Shortbow or Pistol too. Dagger is only used for the Life Force generation, other than that it’s a lacking weapon currently.

> >

> > >What do you mean by why use poison at all?

> > .

> > > A new mechanic centered around inflicting self Poison. This version of Poison won't reduce healing effectiveness, but will still damage you. (Self inflicted Poison can only be removed by the Necromancer)

> >

> >

> > i'm just gonna leave my opinion of your spec at "fairly lacking"

>

> Ok bro. I’m going to leave my opinion of “you being overly passive aggressive, and lacking in constructive criticism”.

>

>

i gave you my critisisms being "it's corruption again" and you replied "no it isn't" what more do you want from me

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > you really couldn't come up with a weapon that necro doesn't have access too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > also the skills are a bit too similar to corruption skills

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dagger is a weapon that isn't used much now, and I think in the future, it would be cool if Elites didn't just add new weapons. A lot of Profession weapons could use new bonuses from future Elites. We don't just need a new weapon every time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Corruptions wouldn't be used in this Elite really, other than Epidemic. They are similar, but self inflicted poison would be near permanent vs short Conditions from Corruptions. There would be more of a theme behind it, other than just using Deathly Swarm to transfer Conditions on you to the target. Corruptions are cool, but don't really feel like they do much in the sense of self sacrificing. My idea is around being a master of poison, and using a self inflicted poison to increase damage, and have access to self support.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > i'm certain dagger sees use in support scourge builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > i looked a little deeper and it's basicly corruption+ with no interesting new mechanic to spice it up a bit and if you're gonna have the self inflicted poison act by it's own rules why use poison at all

> > > >

> > > > The added mechanic is in the Shroud, and in added benefits, like damage and defense. Corruptions doing give defense. I thought about a ranged spellcastint sword, but we already have Scepter. Thought about Shortbow or Pistol too. Dagger is only used for the Life Force generation, other than that it’s a lacking weapon currently.

> > >

> > > >What do you mean by why use poison at all?

> > > .

> > > > A new mechanic centered around inflicting self Poison. This version of Poison won't reduce healing effectiveness, but will still damage you. (Self inflicted Poison can only be removed by the Necromancer)

> > >

> > >

> > > i'm just gonna leave my opinion of your spec at "fairly lacking"

> >

> > Ok bro. I’m going to leave my opinion of “you being overly passive aggressive, and lacking in constructive criticism”.

> >

> >

>

> i gave you my critisisms being "it's corruption again" and you replied "no it isn't" what more do you want from me

To actually answer questions like “what do you mean why use poison at all?” Also corruptions are temporary.

> @"Kam.4092" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > you really couldn't come up with a weapon that necro doesn't have access too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > also the skills are a bit too similar to corruption skills

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dagger is a weapon that isn't used much now, and I think in the future, it would be cool if Elites didn't just add new weapons. A lot of Profession weapons could use new bonuses from future Elites. We don't just need a new weapon every time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Corruptions wouldn't be used in this Elite really, other than Epidemic. They are similar, but self inflicted poison would be near permanent vs short Conditions from Corruptions. There would be more of a theme behind it, other than just using Deathly Swarm to transfer Conditions on you to the target. Corruptions are cool, but don't really feel like they do much in the sense of self sacrificing. My idea is around being a master of poison, and using a self inflicted poison to increase damage, and have access to self support.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i'm certain dagger sees use in support scourge builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i looked a little deeper and it's basicly corruption+ with no interesting new mechanic to spice it up a bit and if you're gonna have the self inflicted poison act by it's own rules why use poison at all

> > > > >

> > > > > The added mechanic is in the Shroud, and in added benefits, like damage and defense. Corruptions doing give defense. I thought about a ranged spellcastint sword, but we already have Scepter. Thought about Shortbow or Pistol too. Dagger is only used for the Life Force generation, other than that it’s a lacking weapon currently.

> > > >

> > > > >What do you mean by why use poison at all?

> > > > .

> > > > > A new mechanic centered around inflicting self Poison. This version of Poison won't reduce healing effectiveness, but will still damage you. (Self inflicted Poison can only be removed by the Necromancer)

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > i'm just gonna leave my opinion of your spec at "fairly lacking"

> > >

> > > Ok bro. I’m going to leave my opinion of “you being overly passive aggressive, and lacking in constructive criticism”.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > i gave you my critisisms being "it's corruption again" and you replied "no it isn't" what more do you want from me

>

> To actually answer questions like “what do you mean why use poison at all?” Also corruptions are temporary.

>

>

why use poison if you're gonna change how the condi works? why use poison if you're just gonna remove the decreased healing (you know the defining trait of poison)? why use poison if only the necro can remove it?

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > you really couldn't come up with a weapon that necro doesn't have access too.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > also the skills are a bit too similar to corruption skills

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dagger is a weapon that isn't used much now, and I think in the future, it would be cool if Elites didn't just add new weapons. A lot of Profession weapons could use new bonuses from future Elites. We don't just need a new weapon every time.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Corruptions wouldn't be used in this Elite really, other than Epidemic. They are similar, but self inflicted poison would be near permanent vs short Conditions from Corruptions. There would be more of a theme behind it, other than just using Deathly Swarm to transfer Conditions on you to the target. Corruptions are cool, but don't really feel like they do much in the sense of self sacrificing. My idea is around being a master of poison, and using a self inflicted poison to increase damage, and have access to self support.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i'm certain dagger sees use in support scourge builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i looked a little deeper and it's basicly corruption+ with no interesting new mechanic to spice it up a bit and if you're gonna have the self inflicted poison act by it's own rules why use poison at all

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The added mechanic is in the Shroud, and in added benefits, like damage and defense. Corruptions doing give defense. I thought about a ranged spellcastint sword, but we already have Scepter. Thought about Shortbow or Pistol too. Dagger is only used for the Life Force generation, other than that it’s a lacking weapon currently.

> > > > >

> > > > > >What do you mean by why use poison at all?

> > > > > .

> > > > > > A new mechanic centered around inflicting self Poison. This version of Poison won't reduce healing effectiveness, but will still damage you. (Self inflicted Poison can only be removed by the Necromancer)

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > i'm just gonna leave my opinion of your spec at "fairly lacking"

> > > >

> > > > Ok bro. I’m going to leave my opinion of “you being overly passive aggressive, and lacking in constructive criticism”.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > i gave you my critisisms being "it's corruption again" and you replied "no it isn't" what more do you want from me

> >

> > To actually answer questions like “what do you mean why use poison at all?” Also corruptions are temporary.

> >

> >

>

> why use poison if you're gonna change how the condi works? why use poison if you're just gonna remove the decreased healing (you know the defining trait of poison)? why use poison if only the necro can remove it?

I said self inflicted poison. It would not be tied to the other. It would be a form of poison that damaged you, but you controlled. It could even be just changed to Toxin. I said self inflicted poison to mainly give an example, but it would be a different icon than normal poison. The other already known poison would still reduce healing.

Basically it just adds a completely new unique form of the condition that only the Necromancer has access to through infecting itself with it.

I just changed it from self inflicted poison to Toxin, so it sounds less confusing.

I'll say that "plague" for me is more something very contagious that spread easily than a different kind of poison. Scourge is already what I'd call a "plaguemaster".

Toxin as a debuff already exist and I'd rather not use an e-spec that force my character into this hallucinating state that the nightmare tower's spawns inflict.

When it come to the weapon, necromancer's have more than enough choice of unused weapon for them to modify what they already use. Hammer, Lbow, Sbow, mace, sword, riffle, pistol and shield (even axe off-hand), that's a lot of unused possibilities.

As for the utilities skills, it's ok if there is effects that depend on whether or not you got "toxin" on you, however, it's not ok if there is no effect when you don't have "toxin" on you.

All in all, I'll agree with derd, the spec is not quite there.