Racial Elite Skills, thoughts, rework

Rfreak.6591

This is something I've been thinking about since day1 of GW2, I remember how excited I was to have my Asuran engineer and summon my golem and stuff only to find out it was very sub-par compared to anything, now, it's been many years and the state of those skills... leaves a lot to be desired... so I thought... how would you make'em appealing without breaking the game since they are tied to races?

The thing with these skills is their function, I mean, I think we should focus solely on that aspect in order to make it work.

You'll notice there are recurring functions:

-summon 1 unit

-summon 2 units

-transform

-aoe

-kit

Then there's Take Root which is the weird one out of the bunch, you'll understand why I'm saying this.

Those functions are shared with other professions, like the Necromancer's Flesh Golem, Warrior's Rampage, Engineer's Mortar Kit...

Seeing the recent topics (like stuff you miss from gw1) it occurs to me I'm not the onlyone thinking that Elite Skills aren't as appealing as they used to back in the day, I think this is a good time to bring the racial skills in line with everything else.

Since they aren't being used anyway in any mode, why not mirror some of the Elite Skills (a reskin of sorts) in a way that wouldn't break any profession, maybe hold onto some racial elite skills until more standard elite skills are released in order to keep the balance?

This would mean that every character out there would have an elite that summons 1 unit, an elite transform with each skill having the same effect throughout races, an elite aoe, etc...

The same line of thought could be used on the utility racial skills, however, since most of them aren't all that "visual" to begin with, would they even matter if they were to be removed entirely?

I think it could be good to spend some time on this, especially considering there's no rush for another expansion on the horizon, it's time for polish and standardization.

What do you think of the Racial Elite, and maybe non-elite skills too?

Racial skills are meant as fun absolutely not relevant side grades (more along the lines of lore abilities with no use).

This will not change.

This has been debated a dozen times in the past.

Stop wasting your time, Arenanet will (and should not) change this. Balance as is right now is already a nightmare to work and design for.

> @"Rfreak.6591" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57924/norn-elite-shape-shifting

> >

> > Topic exists already.

>

> How IS that the same as this oO? That's like, one guy asking for a shorter cooldown.

Did you look at the further discussion? It quite soon moved on to racial skills, generally