The matchmaker needs to block Herald + Holosmith comps.

Crinn.7864

so if I understand OPs point, synergies should be banned from due queue?

(what OP is describing is book definition of synergistic comp - where overal is more than mere sum of it's part)

(in case anyone thought my sPvP background is relevant to the interpetation of OPs post, I've played a couple of matches in guard in pre-hot era, and couple of matches yesterday in randomly assembled herald, were first were friendly duels in empty room with a guildmate and in latter I was figuring out what the heck I am doing ;) )

So basically the arguments against this thread boil down to people believing that all duos are created equal.

Any duo involving either a necro or a guard can be easily outrotated as those are the two slowest rotating classes in the game. Randomly inventing duo comps involving mirage on the grounds that "mirage is OP so anything involving mirage must be better than H+H" is just bad logic.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> So basically the arguments against this thread boil down to people believing that all duos are created equal.

>

>

> Any duo involving either a necro or a guard can be easily outrotated as those are the two slowest rotating classes in the game. Randomly inventing duo comps involving mirage on the grounds that "mirage is OP so anything involving mirage must be better than H+H" is just bad logic.

The duos aren't all equal but it's kind of unrealistic to ask for the matchmaker to make it impossible for holosmith and herald to appear on the same team, isn't it?

> @"Kako.1930" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > So basically the arguments against this thread boil down to people believing that all duos are created equal.

> >

> >

> > Any duo involving either a necro or a guard can be easily outrotated as those are the two slowest rotating classes in the game. Randomly inventing duo comps involving mirage on the grounds that "mirage is OP so anything involving mirage must be better than H+H" is just bad logic.

>

> The duos aren't all equal but it's kind of unrealistic to ask for the matchmaker to make it impossible for holosmith and herald to appear on the same team, isn't it?

It's not just unrealistic, it's discriminatory.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> So basically the arguments against this thread boil down to people believing that all duos are created equal.

>

>

> Any duo involving either a necro or a guard can be easily outrotated as those are the two slowest rotating classes in the game. Randomly inventing duo comps involving mirage on the grounds that "mirage is OP so anything involving mirage must be better than H+H" is just bad logic.

LMAO, like since when is this H+H duo a thing itself? Those what, handfull of times that you saw it happen? Any coordinated attack can be devastating and ignoring that is just bias. Any coordinated duo, especially those who synergize well has a high chance of shutting down the other team. Even if their rotation speed is one of the slowest.

Or is this a subtle call to a Holo Nerf? "Holo is OP so anything involving a holo must be better than everything else"

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

>

>

While I did appreciate the thorough showcase, your suggestion is in direct contradiction with ANET's policy of inclusiveness. It's just not a feasible request.