Scaling of the Nightfang Griffon

So first of all, I'd like to thank whoever designed the Nightfang. I have a huge soft spot for sphinx cats, I absolutely love them and the skin, with its night/day cycle, is the perfect halloween thing.

Previewing it and looking at the mount at Dulfy's (

), it looks amazing.

So of course I had to get that.

But then I remembered I'm playing a charr. So I get hit with the "eh, who cares" part of the optimization.

![](https://i.imgur.com/vNrbI81.jpg "")

Despite the fact that the charr using it is a medium-size and has skintight light armor, I'm still bigger than my own mount. Yippee, I guess.

Is there any way to fix this, or should I just resign to getting screwed over due to playing a race that gets the short end of the beauty stick (like I did with the previous 2k gem raptor and the anniversary chair, which are also botched on charr)?

For future reference: being able to toggle in preview what will my character actually look using the item/mount would help.

Ever since mounts I have been glad I do not main a charr. Charr looking dumb on mounts was why I was against mounts way back... and I was not entirely wrong. I generally avoid using the mounts when playing my charr, even with the regular skins and having a skinny charr with tight armor. Even a bigger mount would still look silly to me.

That said though... mounts ARE a thing and it is a thing for ALL, that inlcudes charr. My subjective opinion of how charr look on mounts is not really relevant in that regard. While I do not want ridiculously huge mounts taking up my screen and thus not a massive upscaling for all mounts for charr (and norn). This particular one seems reasonable. Its clearly smaller than the standard griffon so scaling it up to standard griffon size would be fair.

Mounts scale to player height. Regardless of race. I have always thought this was a weird way for Anet to approach it.

As a charr main, I feel your pain though.

I don't really think that charr look dumb mounts though personally, except for the springer which looks *hilariously* bad on bulky short charr - and perhaps the beetle because I despise asura tech and feel it's weird to see my charr utilizing the bike/mount portion. I almost bought the armadillo (pangolin) almost entirely for the different looking seat.

> @"Changer the Elder.2948" said:

> So first of all, I'd like to thank whoever designed the Nightfang. I have a huge soft spot for sphinx cats, I absolutely love them and the skin, with its night/day cycle, is the perfect halloween thing.

> Previewing it and looking at the mount at Dulfy's (

), it looks amazing.

> So of course I had to get that.

>

> But then I remembered I'm playing a charr. So I get hit with the "eh, who cares" part of the optimization.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/vNrbI81.jpg "")

>

Say - this is clearly night-time because it's Lion's Arch. How did you get your Nightfang's eyes to not be red at night?

• 4 weeks later...