[Feedback] Mad King's Raceway [merged]

> @"Draygo.9473" said:

>

> Its an exploit because you have to get out of the map to use it, gaining an unintended advantage.

anyone can break out of the map if they have a maxed bunny mount and know where to jump. however if it is found to be a exploit to use the griffon then i would be perfectly happy if anet removed all times faster than 40 seconds as well as made the griffon unusable in the area (because breaking out of a map will never be fixed xD tis like a ancient law of game design.) anyway my fastest beetle time is 36 seconds of which 2 were ahead of me when i made that time (no idea if they used the griffon as well however i determined their times were somewhere between 33 seconds and 32 which you would be hard pressed to beat with a perfect griffon run.

anyway overall i think the easiest fix would be adding a small mountain that can be climbed in the south west corner of the map, removing the barriers so the mountains already existing can be more easily accessible. or again removing times faster than 40 seconds and making the griffon unusable if using the griffon is considered cheating.

but like someone said above this is like playing golf in a resident evil level. no need to get so uptight and competitive as there are no rewards. its just a fun little holiday event to play around in. test and have fun with different ways to get through the course. i even saw a guild using more portals than you have ever seen to portal people through each of the hoops one after another in a speed rivaling my griffon xD( perhaps thats how the 2 ahead of me got their time? hard to tell. although i would love if there were some kind of rewards for the race event so more people would participate and compete. that would be fun.

happy halloween!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> a cool addition could be leaderboards showing which mounts were used.

i would love this. for the firecracker lighting as well

> @"Ashron Valhalla.8369" said:

> > @"Chaos.3579" said: " my fastest beetle time is 36 seconds "

>

> This is not a beetle time but a griffon time.

no. its beetle time. one of my griffon runs is only 1 second faster thats not first place

> @"Draygo.9473" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Draygo.9473" said:

> > > My feedback at this point is to rename the Mad Drifter achievement to Mad Racer, and then put in a new achievement named Mad Drifter for those that can complete this in under 1:05 (match the gold time). If i saw this thread before the complaints started being listened to I would have suggested adding an achievement for finishing the 3 lap race that interrupts the time trial every 7 minutes. This would have allowed players to finish the meta achievement while keeping a challenging achievement in the game.

> > >

> > > I think having things to do in this game that are a challenge is a good thing, while i understand the need to nerf the achievement in order for the average player to be able to complete the meta achievement removing challenge and a sense of accomplishment from this game is not a good thing. It feels very shallow.

> > >

> > > I'm also trying to find the person with the best beetle time. My current record is 42.72 beetle only. I know there are several who are in the top spot by doing this race with a griffon - I do hope these posted times do get removed and the exploit fixed.

> >

> > I don't think it's fair to say the griffon is an exploit, it seems like a creative solution . . .

> >

> > Either way, your 42.72 is really impressive. I'm still stuck at 1:01ish, but I usually only do two or three runs a day to get gold then move on . . .

> >

> > EDIT: Got it today, first try, 59.320 :)

>

> Its an exploit because you have to get out of the map to use it, gaining an unintended advantage.

Oh, I didn't know that, that is different. I still think it was a pretty cool thing to work on and figure out though. And it's not like it doesn't also take skill, just with a different mount . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNIcwuRk3vM this is a 42 sec run on a beetle on my third (cough easy) attempt today. not even trying. there are several areas of which i made a mistake 1) the very beginning in which you press enter as going through i did not click at the optimal time. probably could have had another half of a second from that .2) the first turn can ,if launching at the right upward angle, drift just after hitting the ground and retain 70% of the speed if you spam space on the headstones easily giving you 1 seconds just from that despite how difficult it is. 3) my drifts from the first turn all the way to the north west corner were not as sharp as they could of been (i typically drift before the hey barrel just before the north west corner) this would easily give another 1 second instantly but even more time if you account for the loss of speed for making the drifts too wide which just lost so much time. with this speed you can drift all the way through the north west corner and out (i typically use the vigor skill here because my endurance does not recharge fast enough when i perform the drifts perfectly) the next part i performed was done ok. could of been done better to save maaaybe 1/10th of a second but its hard to tell. 4)my drifts exiting the hill were not even close to good enough. could of saved 1/2 seconds from that. not to mention the massive loss of speed. 5) on the second to last turn my beetle veered too far to the left and was snagged. typically i can slide right through to the right of the tree and hit boost and drift at full red speed which i did not here. so another 1 second. lastly for whatever reason i missed the last booster with the bad last drift probably could have gotten another 1/4th second from that

in total thats 4.35 seconds i could have saved AT LEAST. from my experience. this is not accounting for the massive time lost from speed lost from bad drifts angles or

drift start times (draging a drift causes a lost of speed)

which means that if i would have performed a perfect run my score would have been something close to 37 seconds not including the massive speed losts. so you see. it is possible mathematically. albeit taking tons and tons of attempts. ive probably run the course something past 300 times. a huge amount of fun breaking the 40 second "impossible barrier" xD

but i will say this....whats not fun is the race event spawns as you are about to do another run and instead you gotta wait 8 minutes for it to finish before you can try again ;)

i think we all can agree we should be able to do the speed challenge even while the race event is going on.

> @"Chaos.3579" said:

> > @"Draygo.9473" said:

>

> >

> > Its an exploit because you have to get out of the map to use it, gaining an unintended advantage.

> anyone can break out of the map if they have a maxed bunny mount and know where to jump. however if it is found to be a exploit to use the griffon then i would be perfectly happy if anet removed all times faster than 40 seconds as well as made the griffon unusable in the area (because breaking out of a map will never be fixed xD tis like a ancient law of game design.) anyway my fastest beetle time is 36 seconds of which 2 were ahead of me when i made that time (no idea if they used the griffon as well however i determined their times were somewhere between 33 seconds and 32 which you would be hard pressed to beat with a perfect griffon run.

>

> anyway overall i think the easiest fix would be adding a small mountain that can be climbed in the south west corner of the map, removing the barriers so the mountains already existing can be more easily accessible. or again removing times faster than 40 seconds and making the griffon unusable if using the griffon is considered cheating.

>

> but like someone said above this is like playing golf in a resident evil level. no need to get so uptight and competitive as there are no rewards. its just a fun little holiday event to play around in. test and have fun with different ways to get through the course. i even saw a guild using more portals than you have ever seen to portal people through each of the hoops one after another in a speed rivaling my griffon xD( perhaps thats how the 2 ahead of me got their time? hard to tell. although i would love if there were some kind of rewards for the race event so more people would participate and compete. that would be fun.

>

> happy halloween!

I don't think 33 and 32 are possible times on the beetle, I would like to see a run posted with those times if it is. I know I'll try for it. I think i mentioned in your other thread that I lay this at the feet of anet and not you.

Griffon has a higher top speed, and a higher average speed than the beetle while also being able to avoid most obstacles on the course, i think it being 5-7 seconds faster makes a lot of sense. It might be possible to get a ~31s run on the griffon if its done perfectly. You didn't take advantage of the full ghost width of the gates, which is where you can probably make additional time.

You are being a bit contradictory here in stating that you want to remove all times less than 40 seconds, but also saying you have personally done a 36.X second run. I am not for removing valid runs. So is it possible to go under 40s or is it impossible? In your example you think the max time is around 37 seconds but you state that you completed a 36 sec run? A little consistency here would clear up some confusion. I can accept that the fastest run is around 36.X seconds though I would love to see a run that is somewhat close to that.

I would absolutely love it if there was a separate times kept for 'no dismount' runs where you use a single mount the whole run without dismounting it counts for that specific mounts time trial, then we can have all sorts of different runs, best raptor run, best skimmer run, best no mount run etc, this could be incorporated in all the existing races too where its possible to use more than one mount. This of course would have to wait till the backend tech to support it is made.

The only thing disappointing to me is that I dont know what the top beetle run time is. I dont know what i'm trying to beat unless someone posts a video of their run. It would be cool in addition to separate timers per mount if we always saw the top 10 times.

> @"Draygo.9473" said:

>

> I don't think 33 and 32 are possible times on the beetle, I would like to see a run posted with those times if it is. I know I'll try for it. I think i mentioned in your other thread that I lay this at the feet of anet and not you.

i never said they were. i simply said 2 people had attained times along those lines. watch my 2 griffon vids. you will c that i place third with the first and 1rst with the second.

so their times are somewhere in between(i did 2 griffon runs of 34-32 respectively) so either those 2 people used the griffon, massive server lag, or portal train to gain their scores.

> Griffon has a higher top speed, and a higher average speed than the beetle while also being able to avoid most obstacles on the course, i think it being 5-7 seconds faster makes a lot of sense. It might be possible to get a ~31s run on the griffon if its done perfectly. You didn't take advantage of the full ghost width of the gates, which is where you can probably make additional time.

griffon is not actually faster than a beetle. their top speed is the same (i've tested it thoroughly) although yes the griffon is faster OVERALL because it can go over obstacles and such and in a way go directly to the objective and not have to worry about the topography. however from my tests i think the beetle can turn 45* turns faster than the griffon due to its shorter distance traveled with a perfect drift. albeit losing more speed than the griffon in the turn. whatever the case i would say the put the max beetle runtime at a EXTREAAAM most of 34 seconds. from my experience of which i had a time of 36 seconds. well closer to 37 (sadly i only started recording when i was doing the griffon runs so if you don't believe me that's fine.(i shall be trying to get another top tier Beetle score and record it when i have the time as of now the top score on beetle that i have recorded is 42 seconds..on only my third attempt today) as for griffon i would say the fastest you could get through the course would be 29 seconds. i've been examining the course extensively to look for ring ghosting spots to plot out a perfect path to take for the griffon and beetle both in order to determine how fast they can go from my own experience and a little math.

> You are being a bit contradictory here in stating that you want to remove all times less than 40 seconds, but also saying you have personally done a 36.X second run. I am >not for removing valid runs. So is it possible to go under 40s or is it impossible?

i am not being contradictory. i believe that any time in which a griffon could most likely have aided in the time(and if the griffon is ruled as cheating) then those times should be removed. i think a fair guesstimate for times removed would be at the 40-39 second mark. despite hitting 36.9 myself i am willing to give up that time. unless i manage to prove i hit that time or better and record it this time ( got my recording settings all hot and ready to go baby)

> In your example you think the max time is around 37 seconds but you state that you completed a 36 sec run? A little consistency here would clear up some confusion. I can accept that the fastest run is around 36.X seconds though I would love to see a run that is somewhat close to that.

i never stated the max time possible for the beetle was 37 seconds. i am stating now that what I THINK is the max possible legitmate time for a beetle would be around 34 seconds(keep it mind this is a extreaam number just to be sure. in all honestly it might be closer to 35 seconds)

> I would absolutely love it if there was a separate times kept for 'no dismount' runs where you use a single mount the whole run without dismounting it counts for that specific mounts time trial, then we can have all sorts of different runs, best raptor run, best skimmer run, best no mount run etc, this could be incorporated in all the existing races too where its possible to use more than one mount. This of course would have to wait till the backend tech to support it is made.

not necessary. if i was the designer i would simply place down 1 of each mount starter points in a row level with the track. even if a few are a longer distance it would not matter as you would be comparing the run times of that particular mount from that particular starting point. the starting points would be mount specific and dismounting disqualifies you. OR if you want to get more complex. you could make it so that when clicking starting the adventure it does not start the timer until you go through the first cricle (ECKHEM like it should be for all times adventures COUGH)

> The only thing disappointing to me is that I don't know what the top beetle run time is. I don't know what i'm trying to beat unless someone posts a video of their run.

i get your pain. so i shall help you in this regard with what i know. there are 3 people including myself that have a timer greater than 33 .9 seconds. since those are most likley griffon, lag, portal train, something we could not guess. then if you place 4th AND record it you most likely can consider yourself the fastest beetle rider and the official Drift king.

but remember. record it ;) i really wish i had started my instant replay as soon as i started trying the raceway. T__T

I have my time of 42.72 recorded, so that's not a problem. But i'm a bit of a sticker in not posting it yet till I fix the errors in my run :). I do find it fun that we run the track in the exact same way I had theorized that the particular stamina spot you also use was the correct one. 42.72 is 6th place, so i'm not sure what the score of the people in 5th or 4th place is, is it slightly faster than 42? or is it 35s or lower and I technically have the fastest provable beetle run right now? Every time i have broken my own record i have recorded it, i should probably put a compilation starting with my slowest and working to fastest that would be fun. Maybe after this events over ;).

Anyway, I actually really like this course, its perfect for the Mad kings personality. I do expect the wintersday run to be far easier.

> It's almost impossible to go under 40s and even 41s looks very very hard. At my knowledge on NA the best time is around 41.50s with beetle.

*cough* the time in this vid is 41.480 and i am not even really trying my best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOA_90UFDU&feature=youtu.be

whats funny is that you view these times as "almost impossible" (HA XD) i get 42 second scores consistently and easily. i messed up horribly on several aspects of the track for this run IMO btw( see if you can spot them. *HINT* they are all over the place.) and keep in mind this is me doing the track the conventional way. when i got 36.9 it was anything but conventional. bouncing off things you would not even think to bounce off of in order to keep speed. there is easily at least 4 seconds more to squeeze out of the track if you know where to look and have the talent to pull it off(with alot of hair pulling as messing up at even one instance of the track slightly costs you the entire run as you bounce out of the track. not to mention the race event that spawns too often making your rage explode when you have to wait for it to end) . admittedly though when i got 36.9 it felt like luck was guiding my hands.

when its impossible for YOU, don't tell me its impossible for me.

> @"Chaos.3579" said:

> > @"Ashron Valhalla.8369" said:

>

> > It's almost impossible to go under 40s and even 41s looks very very hard. At my knowledge on NA the best time is around 41.50s with beetle.

> *cough* the time in this vid is 41.480 and i am not even really trying my best

>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOA_90UFDU&feature=youtu.be

>

> whats funny is that you view these times as "almost impossible" (HA XD) i get 42 second scores consistently and easily. i messed up horribly on several aspects of the track for this run IMO btw( see if you can spot them. *HINT* they are all over the place.) and keep in mind this is me doing the track the conventional way. when i got 36.9 it was anything but conventional. bouncing off things you would not even think to bounce off of in order to keep speed. there is easily at least 4 seconds more to squeeze out of the track if you know where to look and have the talent to pull it off(with alot of hair pulling as messing up at even one instance of the track slightly costs you the entire run as you bounce out of the track. not to mention the race event that spawns too often making your rage explode when you have to wait for it to end) . admittedly though when i got 36.9 it felt like luck was guiding my hands.

>

> when its impossible for YOU, don't tell me its impossible for me.

That's just insane... I could barely even keep track watching the video. o.o

How long did it take you to finally get that fast?

I don't write a lot but i don't know if you take the time to read me.

So what did i say :

- "Best time on NA is around 41.50" : you are first with 41.48 . (btw it's a daily record and since people use griffon or other method we cannot know the best time).

- "It's almost impossible to go under 40s with beetle" doesn't mean it's impossible but really really hard.

After that, of course you can optimize your run and do a better time but saying you can save 4.35s is very hypothetical.

We are still far from your "36s" or "37s".

Try to reach 40s first then do 10% better,

gl hf.

> @"Chaos.3579" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > That's just insane... I could barely even keep track watching the video. o.o

> >

> > How long did it take you to finally get that fast?

>

> just 3 days doing the track. scouting the optimal route. but i've always been good with the beetle ;)

How manh hours in those days? :open_mouth:

I can barely jump right with my raptor, nevermind controlling the beetle :lol:

Not that many hours. Don't got that much time.

As for the raptor or mounts in general I would find the mount options to make it so pressing space does not activate the mounts ability (won't effect Griffin aside from s being the pull up)

This way you can jump on the raptor and jackal more easily. Also helps with slowing down the beetle without drifting. Although you would then need to have 2 very good keybinds for the mount ability 1 and 2 in settings. A good place for them is on the mouse if able.

> @"Chaos.3579" said:

> Not that many hours. Don't got that much time.

>

> As for the raptor or mounts in general I would find the mount options to make it so pressing space does not activate the mounts ability (won't effect Griffin aside from s being the pull up)

>

> This way you can jump on the raptor and jackal more easily. Also helps with slowing down the beetle without drifting. Although you would then need to have 2 very good keybinds for the mount ability 1 and 2 in settings. A good place for them is on the mouse if able.

>

>

Yeah I've done that already :)

I'm just not very good with speed/dexterity.

Always impressed with how well others play this game.

• 2 weeks later...

> I don't write a lot but i don't know if you take the time to read me.

>

> So what did i say :

> - "Best time on NA is around 41.50" : you are first with 41.48 . (btw it's a daily record and since people use griffon or other method we cannot know the best time).

> - "It's almost impossible to go under 40s with beetle" doesn't mean it's impossible but really really hard.

>

> After that, of course you can optimize your run and do a better time but saying you can save 4.35s is very hypothetical.

> We are still far from your "36s" or "37s".

>

> Try to reach 40s first then do 10% better,

> gl hf.

41.2 and you can see in that run I made quite a few errors. I know at least 3 of the 4 times above me are griffon runs so this might be the current fastest beetle run in NA with obvious room for improvement.

I haven't gotten a firm grasp on what the floor would be. I'm almost certain at this point that < 40s runs are possible.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> You dont even need to do the „Under 60 seconds“ AP !!!! For the big 50 AP. You only need 9/10. Why are people complaining about something they dont even need to do???

Because it's either do 3 laps of this in under 2 min or the even more irritating Clock Tower. A race would be fun if it wasn't about breaking your fingers skidding into walls.

> @"Tailcoat.6920" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > You dont even need to do the „Under 60 seconds“ AP !!!! For the big 50 AP. You only need 9/10. Why are people complaining about something they dont even need to do???

>

> Because it's either do 3 laps of this in under 2 min or the even more irritating Clock Tower. A race would be fun if it wasn't about breaking your fingers skidding into walls.

Old news.

Anet changed it to 1min and 30 seconds. It's doable on raptor.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Tailcoat.6920" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > You dont even need to do the „Under 60 seconds“ AP !!!! For the big 50 AP. You only need 9/10. Why are people complaining about something they dont even need to do???

> >

> > Because it's either do 3 laps of this in under 2 min or the even more irritating Clock Tower. A race would be fun if it wasn't about breaking your fingers skidding into walls.

>

> Old news.

>

> Anet changed it to 1min and 30 seconds. It's doable on raptor.

Without its long jump even.