Question about Dolyak stance.

CRrabbit.1284

tooltips says Prevent movement-impeding conditions from being inflicted on you.

However, there is hundreds of times I get immobilized during the dolyak stance. It mainly happened in WvW zerg battle, (small scale fight it works well).

A perfect example is -- I pop up dolyak and swoop (GS3) but I just leap up and down in the same spot (coz immobilized but not stunned/dazed since I can use/finish the skill). It happened at least 3x last night.

So I am assuming that Stance can be removed as boons (that's the only explanation since in zerg fight there are tons of boon removal) ?

Or maybe the stance works on pulse and only clear immobilization once every second?

Might be a WvW thing. It seems to work as intended for me in sPvP. No pulse, just straight up removal of those condis on cast, and immunity to those condis during the duration.

Stances are a unique buff - like Grace of the Land used to be for druids - and should thus be separate/immune from boon strip. If the stances are strippable, that seems like a bug. I haven't heard anything about that in known issues though, so I think at least PvE and sPvP are safe. I don't touch WvW if I can help it, so I have no idea if things are different in there.

Dolyak Stance has 6 stacks of stability. In WvW zerg fight, if on the ground are more than 6 types of condition who daze/stun etc, then your stability will be out in a sec. That's why is better after you use Dolyak Stance to use 2 dodge too and then Swoop. Usual in small group, you are rarely hit by 6 movement-impeding conditions, the same in sPVP.

The best skill for stability remains Strenght of the Pack.

> @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> Dolyak Stance has 6 stacks of stability. In WvW zerg fight, if on the ground are more than 6 types of condition who daze/stun etc, then your stability will be out in a sec. That's why is better after you use Dolyak Stance to use 2 dodge too and then Swoop. Usual in small group, you are rarely hit by 6 movement-impeding conditions, the same in sPVP.

> The best skill for stability remains Strenght of the Pack.

>

He’s not complaining about being hit with hard CC, he’s complaining that Dolyak stance isn’t making him immune to the soft CCs it claims it does.

@OP: I have had no issue with the stance in WvW, so the only thing I could think of is that it’s either 1) a but, or 2) the duration of the stance buff fell off and you didn’t realize it. Then again I haven’t been in WvW since before A star to guide us patch, so something could have changed recently.

> @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> tooltips says Prevent movement-impeding conditions from being inflicted on you.

> However, there is hundreds of times I get immobilized during the dolyak stance. It mainly happened in WvW zerg battle, (small scale fight it works well).

> A perfect example is -- I pop up dolyak and swoop (GS3) but I just leap up and down in the same spot (coz immobilized but not stunned/dazed since I can use/finish the skill). It happened at least 3x last night.

> So I am assuming that Stance can be removed as boons (that's the only explanation since in zerg fight there are tons of boon removal) ?

> Or maybe the stance works on pulse and only clear immobilization once every second?

It's possible it got bugged in any of the last patches. If you are able, document the issue and send a report to anet using the subforums for Bugs.

It should get fixed at some point.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> > Dolyak Stance has 6 stacks of stability. In WvW zerg fight, if on the ground are more than 6 types of condition who daze/stun etc, then your stability will be out in a sec. That's why is better after you use Dolyak Stance to use 2 dodge too and then Swoop. Usual in small group, you are rarely hit by 6 movement-impeding conditions, the same in sPVP.

> > The best skill for stability remains Strenght of the Pack.

> >

>

> He’s not complaining about being hit with hard CC, he’s complaining that Dolyak stance isn’t making him immune to the soft CCs it claims it does.

>

> @OP: I have had no issue with the stance in WvW, so the only thing I could think of is that it’s either 1) a but, or 2) the duration of the stance buff fell off and you didn’t realize it. Then again I haven’t been in WvW since before A star to guide us patch, so something could have changed recently.

I don't understand what do you mean by "he's not complaining about being hit with hard CC ...". He said :"I pop up dolyak and swoop (GS3) but I just leap up and down in the same spot (coz immobilized but not stunned/dazed since I can use/finish the skill). " and my guess/answer was that he was hit by hard CC and his 6 stacks of stability just gone, that's why he was immobilized. He didn't feel the stun, daze or something else, because those CC's was consumed on those 6 stacks of stability, and the last cc was the immobilize (CC no.7).

It's just an opinion.

> @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> I don't understand what do you mean by "he's not complaining about being hit with hard CC ...". He said :"I pop up dolyak and swoop (GS3) but I just leap up and down in the same spot (coz immobilized but not stunned/dazed since I can use/finish the skill). " and my guess/answer was that he was hit by hard CC and his 6 stacks of stability just gone, that's why he was immobilized. He didn't feel the stun, daze or something else, because those CC's was consumed on those 6 stacks of stability, and the last cc was the immobilize (CC no.7).

> It's just an opinion.

Nope, your response still misses the mark by a lot.

The 6 stacks of stability have nothing to do with it whatsoever, as it does not prevent immobilize. So on a character without Dolyak stance, even with 6+ stacks of stability, you'd still get immobilized. During Dolyak stance's duration, you (are supposed to) get immunity to immobilize, even if you have 0 stacks of stability.

> @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> > @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

>

> > I don't understand what do you mean by "he's not complaining about being hit with hard CC ...". He said :"I pop up dolyak and swoop (GS3) but I just leap up and down in the same spot (coz immobilized but not stunned/dazed since I can use/finish the skill). " and my guess/answer was that he was hit by hard CC and his 6 stacks of stability just gone, that's why he was immobilized. He didn't feel the stun, daze or something else, because those CC's was consumed on those 6 stacks of stability, and the last cc was the immobilize (CC no.7).

> > It's just an opinion.

>

> Nope, your response still misses the mark by a lot.

>

> The 6 stacks of stability have nothing to do with it whatsoever, as it does not prevent immobilize. So on a character without Dolyak stance, even with 6+ stacks of stability, you'd still get immobilized. During Dolyak stance's duration, you (are supposed to) get immunity to immobilize, even if you have 0 stacks of stability.

You right, that means maybe was a glitch or something, or maybe his 6 sec of Dolyak Stance passed (if he didn't have more concentration) or Dolyak Stance can be removed, even didn't happen to me neither in sPVP or WvW ...

To sum up the movement impairing immunity of Dolyak Stance:

1) On use it clears immobilize, cripple and chilled.

2) It applies a unique buff making the user immune to those three condis.

3) This buff lasts 6 seconds (9 if traited).

4) Since it is a unique buff, not a boon, it cannot be stripped.

As to the OP's experience: was lag at all a factor? It could be that the buff had expired without you realizing. Also, are you certain that you were immobilized? If you're not certain that you had the condi on your bar, it's possible the swoop animation gummed up as it likes to do sometimes. The slightest little bump in terrain can make a ranger run in place at first instead of immediately going forward.

Dolyak stance performs as expected for me in WvW in both smallscale and zerg fights, so I don't think the stance itself is at fault.