POF storyline / Servers

Avendi.7015

Hello everyone it’s Avendigos here I have a few questions and hopefully you all can provide some insight for me today! ;) So should I do the POF storyline quest on my alternate characters ? I already have all the mounts but the gryphon and rollar, and I’ve read where those two aren’t really required..I do plan on trying to grind for them but not in a hurry. My main question is I did most of the POF storyline on my old main character however I grew increasingly unhappy with the playstyle so I switched toons and I’m absolutely in love with my new profession but I don’t want to have to redo all that story again.

Additional question regarding story am I allowed to skip the parts I did on my main, and go to my alt and go where I left off on my main?

And second question is reguarding servers. I don’t seem to ever really find any LFG groups actually open for content other than open world, however I’m not confident in my knowledge of the game to create my own. I’ve never done wvw or PvP and I want to but I never find a group is that because the server I’m on and if so what’s a good server for more LFGs for PvP and fractals. If not where is a good place to find out how to host groups and be a good leader?

Thanks all for your input it’s very much appreciated

-Semi Newb Sorryz

Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think don't you can skip ahead in the story as story progress is character based.

In regards to servers, everything outside of WvW is part of a "mega-server" in that players from all servers are smashed together. Your server for anything except WvW doesn't matter at all when it comes to finding groups.

Depends on what's important to you. Some of the rewards can be earned once per character, earning free chak and auric weapons, BL keys, Pact weapons, etc. Also in PoF and HoT there are achievements related to choosing a faction. There's 3 factions, so to get all the achievements (and their related rewards), you'll need to go through with at least 3 characters.

> @"Avendi.7015" said:

> Ah ok, I understand the servers and you all have answerd my questions thanks so much but I have one more question. How important is it to do the story quest on alts?

Not very. Outside of specific rewards from finishing a story step, a backpack skin from choosing who to ally with in amnoon, and skins available to the faction you joined (priory, whispers, vigil), you get nothing from redoing.