Solo buffing as a chronomancer in raids

Rhys.9706

Hi guys I have recently been attempting to solo buff as a chrono against golem just to see if I could truly provide 10 man buffs. My setup is:

Inspiration: 123

Illusions: 221

Chrono:212

heal signet/disenchanter/mimic/soi/tw

offhands: shield/sword

I believed I could do this on things without a CC bar like Cairn or MO however I am finding difficulty when my second CS is about to come around I am lacking 10 seconds of quickness/alacrity. If I run with another chrono obviously I am fine however I was wondering if there were anything you do whilst solobuffing that could help out?

Checklist of things I make sure happen;

before CS I swap to Shield

CS>TW>mimic>soi>tides>end CS>tides>mimic>soi>soi (then obviously spam soi/tides until the c/d time is just under CS cooldown)

I dont use Mimic until CS is ready, I make sure everything is timed that I will have it in time for CS (SOI/Tides)

For clarity I have 100% boon duration when I swap weapon

I watched Vans video and I believe the daredevils were using detonate plasma to help out?

You'll have more than enough alacrity if you're generating clones and shattering them. If you're not doing that, you'll have quite a bit of difficulty maintaining it.

Insofar as maintaining quickness and alacrity on 10 people goes, it's potentially possible. A properly executed CS rotation using mimic and SoI along with hitting all 10 people with tides of time each pass technically allows you to maintain 100% uptime on alacrity. The same with time warp might allow you to maintain quickness, but I'm pretty sure it'll actually cap you on the stack size and end up totally wasting the first 3 or so SoI hits.

Realistically, you won't maintain either quickness or alacrity on 10 people outside of the most exceedingly unrealistic situations. You'll potentially get pretty close with alacrity, but I'd not count on managing more than maybe 85% for quickness.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> You'll have more than enough alacrity if you're generating clones and shattering them. If you're not doing that, you'll have quite a bit of difficulty maintaining it.

>

> Insofar as maintaining quickness and alacrity on 10 people goes, it's potentially possible. A properly executed CS rotation using mimic and SoI along with hitting all 10 people with tides of time each pass technically allows you to maintain 100% uptime on alacrity. The same with time warp might allow you to maintain quickness, but I'm pretty sure it'll actually cap you on the stack size and end up totally wasting the first 3 or so SoI hits.

>

> Realistically, you won't maintain either quickness or alacrity on 10 people outside of the most exceedingly unrealistic situations. You'll potentially get pretty close with alacrity, but I'd not count on managing more than maybe 85% for quickness.

We tested it on golem and with chaos/inspiration you can achieve 80% alacrity and quickness without timewarp even with minstrel (you can get higher with better dps because you kill the golem before next drop in quickness and alacrity comes). With illusion inspiration you have shorter cs cd so your uptimes will be even better.

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > You'll have more than enough alacrity if you're generating clones and shattering them. If you're not doing that, you'll have quite a bit of difficulty maintaining it.

> >

> > Insofar as maintaining quickness and alacrity on 10 people goes, it's potentially possible. A properly executed CS rotation using mimic and SoI along with hitting all 10 people with tides of time each pass technically allows you to maintain 100% uptime on alacrity. The same with time warp might allow you to maintain quickness, but I'm pretty sure it'll actually cap you on the stack size and end up totally wasting the first 3 or so SoI hits.

> >

> > Realistically, you won't maintain either quickness or alacrity on 10 people outside of the most exceedingly unrealistic situations. You'll potentially get pretty close with alacrity, but I'd not count on managing more than maybe 85% for quickness.

>

> We tested it on golem and with chaos/inspiration you can achieve 80% alacrity and quickness without timewarp even with minstrel (you can get higher with better dps because you kill the golem before next drop in quickness and alacrity comes). With illusion inspiration you have shorter cs cd so your uptimes will be even better.

With a perfect rotation, you can maintain 100% alacrity using chaos/insp, signet, mimic, and 10 target tides of time. That's definitely the case.

Quickness is a little different though. Time warp might not add nearly as much quickness as you might think because of how stack limits work. Quickness has a maximum stack size of 5. Additionally, you're forced to use time warp only during CS, otherwise the cooldown is too long to matter. This necessarily means that you'll be using time warp at the same time that you're doing the initial 4 hits of SoI from the CS mimic combination. Time warp lasts 10 seconds, each hit from SoI gives 6s of quickness, and you use SoI 4 times in a row rapidly.

The result of this is that after the 4 uses of SoI, there is 1 additional stack open to be filled by time warp. What I'm unsure about is how the stacks prioritize themselves. If the consumption priority is such that the shortest stack is consumed first, then the time warp will refill a 2 second stack every other tick for the duration of the skill, effectively providing 12 extra seconds of quickness (10 while it runs + 2 from 1 stack added at the end). However, if the stacks are consumed first in first out, it means that the time warp may actually only apply 1 or 2 ticks of quickness during the entire duration, which would mean it would only add about 4 seconds.

I haven't tested enough to figure out exactly how it functions, but I can provide a recommendation on how to comp with those considerations. 1 Chrono in a realistic situation cannot maintain 100% 10 target buffs. However, one Chrono + a 2nd Chrono that is specced for full healing instead of 10 target buffing can easily maintain 100% 10 target uptime. So, we run 1 10 target Chrono, 1 druid, and one healing Chrono for a total of 3 supports in a 10 person group.

> > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > You'll have more than enough alacrity if you're generating clones and shattering them. If you're not doing that, you'll have quite a bit of difficulty maintaining it.

> > >

> > > Insofar as maintaining quickness and alacrity on 10 people goes, it's potentially possible. A properly executed CS rotation using mimic and SoI along with hitting all 10 people with tides of time each pass technically allows you to maintain 100% uptime on alacrity. The same with time warp might allow you to maintain quickness, but I'm pretty sure it'll actually cap you on the stack size and end up totally wasting the first 3 or so SoI hits.

> > >

> > > Realistically, you won't maintain either quickness or alacrity on 10 people outside of the most exceedingly unrealistic situations. You'll potentially get pretty close with alacrity, but I'd not count on managing more than maybe 85% for quickness.

> >

> > We tested it on golem and with chaos/inspiration you can achieve 80% alacrity and quickness without timewarp even with minstrel (you can get higher with better dps because you kill the golem before next drop in quickness and alacrity comes). With illusion inspiration you have shorter cs cd so your uptimes will be even better.

>

> With a perfect rotation, you can maintain 100% alacrity using chaos/insp, signet, mimic, and 10 target tides of time. That's definitely the case.

>

> Quickness is a little different though. Time warp might not add nearly as much quickness as you might think because of how stack limits work. Quickness has a maximum stack size of 5. Additionally, you're forced to use time warp only during CS, otherwise the cooldown is too long to matter. This necessarily means that you'll be using time warp at the same time that you're doing the initial 4 hits of SoI from the CS mimic combination. Time warp lasts 10 seconds, each hit from SoI gives 6s of quickness, and you use SoI 4 times in a row rapidly.

>

> The result of this is that after the 4 uses of SoI, there is 1 additional stack open to be filled by time warp. What I'm unsure about is how the stacks prioritize themselves. If the consumption priority is such that the shortest stack is consumed first, then the time warp will refill a 2 second stack every other tick for the duration of the skill, effectively providing 12 extra seconds of quickness (10 while it runs + 2 from 1 stack added at the end). However, if the stacks are consumed first in first out, it means that the time warp may actually only apply 1 or 2 ticks of quickness during the entire duration, which would mean it would only add about 4 seconds.

>

> I haven't tested enough to figure out exactly how it functions, but I can provide a recommendation on how to comp with those considerations. 1 Chrono in a realistic situation cannot maintain 100% 10 target buffs. However, one Chrono + a 2nd Chrono that is specced for full healing instead of 10 target buffing can easily maintain 100% 10 target uptime. So, we run 1 10 target Chrono, 1 druid, and one healing Chrono for a total of 3 supports in a 10 person group.

Our tests were for 2 chrono comps (so countuling with overwriting second imaginary chrono).

You can provide 100 percent in real raid for short duration (1+1/2cs) using tw outside cs.

Hmm curious. I'm wondering how much overcap issue the 2nd support chrono does.

If on top of the main chrono support we have 2 power chrono dps (reasonably good burst with 33k dps), 1 in each group and swap mantra of pain to signet of inspiration, would that be able to replace the need for 2nd support chrono? Or that'd be wonky at best even with full uptime?

So I found a gap in something I could be doing, lets ignore the use of TW to further this discussion if using it gives so much difficulty due to overcapping our quickness stacks.

SW/SW(ANYTHING BUT SHIELD)>CS>weapon swap>mimic>soi>soi>tot>endCS>tot>weapon swap>mimic>soi>soi.

Another 2 questions: if you dont have classes that rely on %increase per boon traits are you running chaos? I have given up on bringing it with my friends however I still bring it with pugs if we fail a boss because in my mind its your trump card to start "putting out".

For dropping the soi into after CS, is there any reason besides you can cast another skill?

> @"Rhys.9706" said:

>SW/SW(ANYTHING BUT SHIELD)>CS>weapon swap>mimic>soi>soi>tot>endCS>tot>weapon swap>mimic>soi>soi.

>

You should start on anything but shield, use sword 3/5 after that weapon swap cs shield 5 soi mimic well split ends soi swap mimic soi soi well

I use it like this since if you split shield 5 you can use it twice for more alac not sure if it overcaps it but i think it doesnt

Using chaos is good even if you have classes that scale with boons since you give regen and protection and since you said you tested it with minstrel it can help the group a lot since regen ticks for around 500 or even more depending if you are full minstrel also since in raids sometimes you need emergency CC and swap weapons out of rota chaos and the boons help with keeping them(if the duration isnt around 100 alrdy)

I think the soi after the split has DPS reasons, since if you use sw/x sw/sh it takes longer to get up 2 clones for the "in split soi" so the group gets boons faster

Also if you have TW and Disenchanter i guess you are going for DPS so you can use chrono xx3 and agility sigil, or sw 3 swap split TW shaters soi mimic and continue from there

> @"Nepster.4275" said:

> > @"Rhys.9706" said:

> >SW/SW(ANYTHING BUT SHIELD)>CS>weapon swap>mimic>soi>soi>tot>endCS>tot>weapon swap>mimic>soi>soi.

> >

> You should start on anything but shield, use sword 3/5 after that weapon swap cs shield 5 soi mimic well split ends soi swap mimic soi soi well

> I use it like this since if you split shield 5 you can use it twice for more alac not sure if it overcaps it but i think it doesnt

>

> Using chaos is good even if you have classes that scale with boons since you give regen and protection and since you said you tested it with minstrel it can help the group a lot since regen ticks for around 500 or even more depending if you are full minstrel also since in raids sometimes you need emergency CC and swap weapons out of rota chaos and the boons help with keeping them(if the duration isnt around 100 alrdy)

>

> I think the soi after the split has DPS reasons, since if you use sw/x sw/sh it takes longer to get up 2 clones for the "in split soi" so the group gets boons faster

>

> Also if you have TW and Disenchanter i guess you are going for DPS so you can use chrono xx3 and agility sigil, or sw 3 swap split TW shaters soi mimic and continue from there

>

Just little correction. You go cs tot soi well mimic. Mimic needs to be last ultility in cs. The way it was written above wastes mimic (it is used to reset well that will be reseted anyway)

>What I'm unsure about is how the stacks prioritize themselves. If the consumption priority is such that the shortest stack is consumed first, then the time warp will refill a 2 second stack every other tick for the duration of the skill, effectively providing 12 extra seconds of quickness (10 while it runs + 2 from 1 stack added at the end). However, if the stacks are consumed first in first out, it means that the time warp may actually only apply 1 or 2 ticks of quickness during the entire duration, which would mean it would only add about 4 seconds.

>

> I haven't tested enough to figure out exactly how it functions, but I can provide a recommendation on how to comp with those considerations. 1 Chrono in a realistic situation cannot maintain 100% 10 target buffs. However, one Chrono + a 2nd Chrono that is specced for full healing instead of 10 target buffing can easily maintain 100% 10 target uptime. So, we run 1 10 target Chrono, 1 druid, and one healing Chrono for a total of 3 supports in a 10 person group.

IIRC, the highest duration stack is the first to be used. What I would prefer is the lowest duration stack to be used.

> @"Sorin Noroku.5342" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> >What I'm unsure about is how the stacks prioritize themselves. If the consumption priority is such that the shortest stack is consumed first, then the time warp will refill a 2 second stack every other tick for the duration of the skill, effectively providing 12 extra seconds of quickness (10 while it runs + 2 from 1 stack added at the end). However, if the stacks are consumed first in first out, it means that the time warp may actually only apply 1 or 2 ticks of quickness during the entire duration, which would mean it would only add about 4 seconds.

> >

> > I haven't tested enough to figure out exactly how it functions, but I can provide a recommendation on how to comp with those considerations. 1 Chrono in a realistic situation cannot maintain 100% 10 target buffs. However, one Chrono + a 2nd Chrono that is specced for full healing instead of 10 target buffing can easily maintain 100% 10 target uptime. So, we run 1 10 target Chrono, 1 druid, and one healing Chrono for a total of 3 supports in a 10 person group.

> IIRC, the highest duration stack is the first to be used. What I would prefer is the lowest duration stack to be used.

>

If that's the case, then it's potentially even worse than what I had mentioned as the worst case there.

> > @"Sorin Noroku.5342" said:

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > >What I'm unsure about is how the stacks prioritize themselves. If the consumption priority is such that the shortest stack is consumed first, then the time warp will refill a 2 second stack every other tick for the duration of the skill, effectively providing 12 extra seconds of quickness (10 while it runs + 2 from 1 stack added at the end). However, if the stacks are consumed first in first out, it means that the time warp may actually only apply 1 or 2 ticks of quickness during the entire duration, which would mean it would only add about 4 seconds.

> > >

> > > I haven't tested enough to figure out exactly how it functions, but I can provide a recommendation on how to comp with those considerations. 1 Chrono in a realistic situation cannot maintain 100% 10 target buffs. However, one Chrono + a 2nd Chrono that is specced for full healing instead of 10 target buffing can easily maintain 100% 10 target uptime. So, we run 1 10 target Chrono, 1 druid, and one healing Chrono for a total of 3 supports in a 10 person group.

> > IIRC, the highest duration stack is the first to be used. What I would prefer is the lowest duration stack to be used.

> >

>

> If that's the case, then it's potentially even worse than what I had mentioned as the worst case there.

Even still, thinking with 100% bd, you're looking at 4 applications of SoI for 6s each. Which leaves a final spot for TW's 4s application (since its base is 2s and with 100% bd that goes to 4s). If we assume "First in, First out", you see 4,4,6 in first soi cast, then 3,4,6,6 in second, exit CS and cast mimic/soi, 2,4,6,6,6. Next soi cast you'll see TW replace the lower stack and get moved to the back and read it as 4,6,6,6,4 and SoI replaces the 4s stack in front with a 6s... and TW does nothing until the soi stacks are gone, reading 6,6,6,6,4. So you got a total of 3-4 stacks of TW in, before it was worthless. If you add in WoA, it gets worse as it's an 8s stack with 100% bd.