Ncsoft do you use bots in PvP ?

Orwyn.6104

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > > @"Abelisk.4527" said:

> > > Ridiculous question, ANet would never do this as it has a direct negative impact on game quality.

> >

> > Are you a Dev ?

>

> Also, no NCSoft employee/dev has ever been seen on this forum. Try Reddit if this is not just a troll.

What is so troll about the post? Explain yourself.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > > @"Abelisk.4527" said:

> > > Ridiculous question, ANet would never do this as it has a direct negative impact on game quality.

> >

> > Are you a Dev ?

>

> Also, no NCSoft employee/dev has ever been seen on this forum.

Are you sure about that?

> @"Orwyn.6104" said:

>

> What is so troll about the post? Explain yourself.

Don't take offense, I just wasn't sure if you were serious or not.

> @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> Are you sure about that?

Pretty sure yes. ANet works under NCSoft but NCSoft has no say over GW2 game development, they are only involved with marketing and distribution.

This is the ANet forum so the only dev posts you will see are from ANet, not NCSoft.

> @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, this post is meant to be answered by a Dev. Hope you can understand and read the post.

which is forum rules violation, yay

(or at least was on the old forum, wanted to quote you exact rule number but can't seem to find forum's Rules of Conduct....)

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, this post is meant to be answered by a Dev. Hope you can understand and read the post.

>

> which is forum rules violation, yay

>

> (or at least was on the old forum, wanted to quote you exact rule number but can't seem to find forum's Rules of Conduct....)

What is a violation? Explain yourself.

> @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, **this post is meant to be answered by a Dev**.

> I’ll second that I should burn in hell for reacting on a topic posted on a **public** forum. God forbid, that others than a tiny, special group dares to write something down.

EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

j/k

But yes...this is def not the way to get a dev's attention (Using a public forum to get a "dev only" response) and as mentioned NCSoft would have nothing to do with the forums as it all falls all on ANet.

Try contacting them directly. Go to https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us and start there.

> @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, **this post is meant to be answered by a Dev**.

> I’ll second that I should burn in hell for reacting on a topic posted on a **public** forum. God forbid, that others than a tiny, special group dares to write something down.

What tiny special group are you talking about? A question was asked of how the game works, the devs are the best people to answer.

Do you agree ?

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> > > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > > Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, **this post is meant to be answered by a Dev**.

> > I’ll second that I should burn in hell for reacting on a topic posted on a **public** forum. God forbid, that others than a tiny, special group dares to write something down.

>

> EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

>

> j/k

>

> But yes...this is def not the way to get a dev's attention (Using a public forum to get a "dev only" response) and as mentioned NCSoft would have nothing to do with the forums as it all falls all on ANet.

>

> Try contacting them directly. Go to https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us and start there.

Totally disagree with you, the best place to ask question of how a game works is on the forums of the game itself.

Would you ask a Doctor how to bake bread or would you go to a baker?

Also, fairly certain people of normal intelligence would understand I am asking a question to the games developers.

I wonder why this thread is attracting so many unnecessary posts that appear to be over reactions.

> @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> > > > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > > > Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, **this post is meant to be answered by a Dev**.

> > > I’ll second that I should burn in hell for reacting on a topic posted on a **public** forum. God forbid, that others than a tiny, special group dares to write something down.

> >

> > EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

> >

> > j/k

> >

> > But yes...this is def not the way to get a dev's attention (Using a public forum to get a "dev only" response) and as mentioned NCSoft would have nothing to do with the forums as it all falls all on ANet.

> >

> > Try contacting them directly. Go to https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us and start there.

>

> Totally disagree with you, the best place to ask question of how a game works is on the forums of the game itself.

>

> Would you ask a Doctor how to bake bread or would you go to a baker?

>

> Also, fairly certain people of normal intelligence would understand I am asking a question to the games developers.

>

> I wonder why this thread is attracting so many unnecessary posts that appear to be over reactions.

The issue here is you are not going about the right way to attract your target audience (as many have stated already for a good reason). Had you done research, you would have known NCSoft has nothing to do with these forums. Your example doesn't come close to applying here.

A better example is going to a baker and asking how the plastic bags the bread goes in are made. The bag makers have nothing to do with the bread outside of the fact bread goes in them...thats it. If you have an issue you want the bag makers to address...contact the bag makers directly (instead of going through the bakers)

> @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> Will ignore trolling and just wait on a response from the Devs about a question on how the game works.

>

> Why people would want to over react in this thread is beyond understanding.

Will try one more time to make you understand that this is not how you get the response you want. This is not trolling, just trying to explain your mistake.

Arena.net and NCSoft are different companies that operate from different locations. Arena.net is the game developer for GW2, not NCSoft, and this is the forum for GW2. NCSoft does not have game developers that are involved with GW2. Arena.net does. Only some of the supporting functions are handled by NCSoft.

Arena.net is owned by NCSoft but that doesn't give NCSoft employees(NCSoft developers), or indeed even their management, any rights to come and mess with Arena.net intellectual property. Which means the game. So even if these people wanted to respond to you they would have to respond as consumers(like you and me), or go through an ANet employee to have them respond to you as dev.

My main question is, are you looking for NCSoft response or ANet response?

For ANet response this is the correct place.

For NCSoft response this is the incorrect place, and couldn't respond to you even if they wanted to.

Adjust your thread title accordingly.

> @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> Will ignore trolling and just wait on a response from the Devs about a question on how the game works.

>

> Why people would want to over react in this thread is beyond understanding.

No one is over reacting as everyone has given you information you are actively choosing to ignore. You will never get an NCSoft dev in here. If you want to speak to an ANET dev, I have provided you a link to their help page where you can start. You can choose to ignore that again too if you wish, however its your best bet.

> @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > > Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, this post is meant to be answered by a Dev. Hope you can understand and read the post.

> >

> > which is forum rules violation, yay

> >

> > (or at least was on the old forum, wanted to quote you exact rule number but can't seem to find forum's Rules of Conduct....)

>

> What is a violation? Explain yourself.

can't quote here since I still haven't found on new forum such a thing like "rules of conduct" but on the old forums rules have strictly stated that threads calling out directly AN, NCSoft, etc. etc. are not allowed - and from clarification I responded to this thread is just that.

> @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, this post is meant to be answered by a Dev. Hope you can understand and read the post.

Lmao expecting a dev to respond. There have been countless more reasonable posts then this requesting a devs input but never got one. Id bet 1000gold they never respond.

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > > > Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, this post is meant to be answered by a Dev. Hope you can understand and read the post.

> > >

> > > which is forum rules violation, yay

> > >

> > > (or at least was on the old forum, wanted to quote you exact rule number but can't seem to find forum's Rules of Conduct....)

> >

> > What is a violation? Explain yourself.

>

> can't quote here since I still haven't found on new forum such a thing like "rules of conduct" but on the old forums rules have strictly stated that threads calling out directly AN, NCSoft, etc. etc. are not allowed - and from clarification I responded to this thread is just that.

You cannot qoute it because it doesn't exist.

Since when is asking a question 'calling out'

I was right about this thread being trolled. Why haven't mods done something yet?

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> > > > > @"Orwyn.6104" said:

> > > > > Before more people post and fill this thread up, read the very first post, **this post is meant to be answered by a Dev**.

> > > > I’ll second that I should burn in hell for reacting on a topic posted on a **public** forum. God forbid, that others than a tiny, special group dares to write something down.

> > >

> > > EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

> > >

> > > j/k

> > >

> > > But yes...this is def not the way to get a dev's attention (Using a public forum to get a "dev only" response) and as mentioned NCSoft would have nothing to do with the forums as it all falls all on ANet.

> > >

> > > Try contacting them directly. Go to https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us and start there.

> >

> > Totally disagree with you, the best place to ask question of how a game works is on the forums of the game itself.

> >

> > Would you ask a Doctor how to bake bread or would you go to a baker?

> >

> > Also, fairly certain people of normal intelligence would understand I am asking a question to the games developers.

> >

> > I wonder why this thread is attracting so many unnecessary posts that appear to be over reactions.

>

> The issue here is you are not going about the right way to attract your target audience (as many have stated already for a good reason). Had you done research, you would have known NCSoft has nothing to do with these forums. Your example doesn't come close to applying here.

>

> A better example is going to a baker and asking how the plastic bags the bread goes in are made. The bag makers have nothing to do with the bread outside of the fact bread goes in them...thats it. If you have an issue you want the bag makers to address...contact the bag makers directly (instead of going through the bakers)

A real baker puts his bread into paper bags because plastic bags will sweat... (Got my qualification years ago)