I'm not sure if I'm weak or if this just mid life crisis while leveling a Ranger Bear.

Kane.1978

So today I was fighting some mobs in I think it's something Hinterlands a 35-40 zone or so.

I was killing some Vets this one was a Bandit Leader and it took me 2 minutes and 20 seconds to solo him. This felt really really long. my bear lost 2/3 of his HP.

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is this just how it is while leveling?

It usually is if you are using "anything that drops" and not prioritising power / precision over other stats AND usually, if you are using longbow and the enemy is meant for a group. Longbow has good burst in Rapid Fire (LB2) but that's pretty much it. Then you have very little dps until it is off cooldown again.

Prefer power on Ranger, go with (in the order of kill speed contribution) Marksmanship, Beastmastery and Skirmishing, use Axes / GS.

It could be that the enemy you are talking about is meant for a group of 5-10 too. Some specs like ranger or mirage can easily solo most of those and it is pretty understandable that it takes longer than a regular mob.

Cheers!

Was this a champion? A veteran? A regular mob? Was it part of an event? Was it a group event? Without knowing more, it's hard to answer the question. Group events are made for more than one character. These are things to take note of in the future, if you want to know if it's taking you too long.

There are some bandit bounties that are notoriously hard for people even at level with good gear. They're made for groups of 5-15 people, and part of the side story achievements. Without knowing what you're fighting all we can do is guess.

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> I may sounds bad while expressing that thought but the first issue I'd find in there is using bearbow......

> (like literaly are people really still using that bullcrap bit of most useless kitten ever invented in this community in 2018?)

>

> and all the other issues I could think of are already listed so I won't repeat them ;)

Yeah, pets are pretty darn durable in PvE.

Consider using a pig/porcine or a drake. They're almost as tanky as bears are but will deal more dps. Keep bear on swap for when pet is low then swap back on cooldown.