Can we only salvage upgrades with black lion now?

Saniyah.1984

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > If I understand the consequences correctly minor and major runes and sigils will disappear from the trading post as they salvage when gear is salvaged, unless you use BL salvage kit or an extractor, and Superior Runes and Sigils will be rarer and increase in price.

> > > > >

> > > > > When people asked for the ability to salvage gear upgrades I thought they’d put it in as an option with regular salvages.

> > > >

> > > > But the result of that is there will be all these mats out there which can be turned into runes and sigils. If prices rise to the point where it will be profitable to do so, ppl will craft and list them . . .

> > >

> > > The materials will probably plummet in price pretty quickly once people are done spending the charms and stuff on the new recipe sheets.

> >

> > Yes, the price of the runes/sigils flesh wound was referring to was what I meant. Sry if that was unclear . . .

> >

> > The increasing availability of mats is what would make crafting expensive runes and sigils profitable, which would cause their prices to fall . . .

>

> Why would there be an increasing availability of mats? The rate of salvaging should be about the same.

But they will be consumed less. With all the rune and sigil changes a lot of ppl will be crafting or purchasing new sets. But once that initial flurry of activity settles down, the mats will be flowing into the market at the same rate but they won't be getting consumed by all the new sets being crafted. Talking about the new rune/sigil mats here, symbols, charms and such . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > If I understand the consequences correctly minor and major runes and sigils will disappear from the trading post as they salvage when gear is salvaged, unless you use BL salvage kit or an extractor, and Superior Runes and Sigils will be rarer and increase in price.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When people asked for the ability to salvage gear upgrades I thought they’d put it in as an option with regular salvages.

> > > > >

> > > > > But the result of that is there will be all these mats out there which can be turned into runes and sigils. If prices rise to the point where it will be profitable to do so, ppl will craft and list them . . .

> > > >

> > > > The materials will probably plummet in price pretty quickly once people are done spending the charms and stuff on the new recipe sheets.

> > >

> > > Yes, the price of the runes/sigils flesh wound was referring to was what I meant. Sry if that was unclear . . .

> > >

> > > The increasing availability of mats is what would make crafting expensive runes and sigils profitable, which would cause their prices to fall . . .

> >

> > Why would there be an increasing availability of mats? The rate of salvaging should be about the same.

>

> But they will be consumed less. With all the rune and sigil changes a lot of ppl will be crafting or purchasing new sets. But once that initial flurry of activity settles down, the mats will be flowing into the market at the same rate but they won't be getting consumed by all the new sets being crafted. Talking about the new rune/sigil mats here, symbols, charms and such . . .

How will they be consumed less when a new crafting sink has been added? New people will be leveling crafting and needing runes and sigils as well as when the meta changes.

Or we talking about the same thing? When I’m referring to mats I’m talking about the Tier 1 through Tier 6 mats.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> I don't see how this could end badly for players. It will be crazy at first with ppl speculating on prices and trying out a bunch of new builds, but over time once a new 'meta' settles in -- which it inevitably will -- mats will drop in much larger quantities than they are consumed and crafting will be a cheap and reliable way to get new runes, which will also drive down their tp prices for ppl who refuse to craft . . .

>

> Or put another way, do you swap your runes and sigils out of non-leg weaps and armor more or less often than you get loots . . ?

>

> It could theoretically have other outcomes ofc, but it won't . . .

they made the symbols required to craft upgrades a Rare drop adding in more coin flip play i don't mind the harder to extract runes but, the RNG that annoys me

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > If I understand the consequences correctly minor and major runes and sigils will disappear from the trading post as they salvage when gear is salvaged, unless you use BL salvage kit or an extractor, and Superior Runes and Sigils will be rarer and increase in price.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When people asked for the ability to salvage gear upgrades I thought they’d put it in as an option with regular salvages.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But the result of that is there will be all these mats out there which can be turned into runes and sigils. If prices rise to the point where it will be profitable to do so, ppl will craft and list them . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > The materials will probably plummet in price pretty quickly once people are done spending the charms and stuff on the new recipe sheets.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, the price of the runes/sigils flesh wound was referring to was what I meant. Sry if that was unclear . . .

> > > >

> > > > The increasing availability of mats is what would make crafting expensive runes and sigils profitable, which would cause their prices to fall . . .

> > >

> > > Why would there be an increasing availability of mats? The rate of salvaging should be about the same.

> >

> > But they will be consumed less. With all the rune and sigil changes a lot of ppl will be crafting or purchasing new sets. But once that initial flurry of activity settles down, the mats will be flowing into the market at the same rate but they won't be getting consumed by all the new sets being crafted. Talking about the new rune/sigil mats here, symbols, charms and such . . .

>

> How will they be consumed less when a new crafting sink has been added? New people will be leveling crafting and needing runes and sigils as well as when the meta changes.

>

> Or we talking about the same thing? When I’m referring to mats I’m talking about the Tier 1 through Tier 6 mats.

No I mean the new rune/sigil mats. Charms, symbols and the motes. I thought it was misconstrued tried to clarify in the last line of the post you just quoted . . .

> @"dusanyu.4057" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > I don't see how this could end badly for players. It will be crazy at first with ppl speculating on prices and trying out a bunch of new builds, but over time once a new 'meta' settles in -- which it inevitably will -- mats will drop in much larger quantities than they are consumed and crafting will be a cheap and reliable way to get new runes, which will also drive down their tp prices for ppl who refuse to craft . . .

> >

> > Or put another way, do you swap your runes and sigils out of non-leg weaps and armor more or less often than you get loots . . ?

> >

> > It could theoretically have other outcomes ofc, but it won't . . .

>

> they made the symbols required to craft upgrades a Rare drop adding in more coin flip play i don't mind the harder to extract runes but, the RNG that annoys me

That really only matters rn bc they're new and bc a lot of ppl will be changing sets with all the new rune and sigil changes. Over time I really think the new charms and symbols will be a non-factor . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > If I understand the consequences correctly minor and major runes and sigils will disappear from the trading post as they salvage when gear is salvaged, unless you use BL salvage kit or an extractor, and Superior Runes and Sigils will be rarer and increase in price.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > When people asked for the ability to salvage gear upgrades I thought they’d put it in as an option with regular salvages.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But the result of that is there will be all these mats out there which can be turned into runes and sigils. If prices rise to the point where it will be profitable to do so, ppl will craft and list them . . .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The materials will probably plummet in price pretty quickly once people are done spending the charms and stuff on the new recipe sheets.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, the price of the runes/sigils flesh wound was referring to was what I meant. Sry if that was unclear . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > The increasing availability of mats is what would make crafting expensive runes and sigils profitable, which would cause their prices to fall . . .

> > > >

> > > > Why would there be an increasing availability of mats? The rate of salvaging should be about the same.

> > >

> > > But they will be consumed less. With all the rune and sigil changes a lot of ppl will be crafting or purchasing new sets. But once that initial flurry of activity settles down, the mats will be flowing into the market at the same rate but they won't be getting consumed by all the new sets being crafted. Talking about the new rune/sigil mats here, symbols, charms and such . . .

> >

> > How will they be consumed less when a new crafting sink has been added? New people will be leveling crafting and needing runes and sigils as well as when the meta changes.

> >

> > Or we talking about the same thing? When I’m referring to mats I’m talking about the Tier 1 through Tier 6 mats.

>

> No I mean the new rune/sigil mats. Charms, symbols and the motes. I thought it was misconstrued tried to clarify in the last line of the post you just quoted . . .

Oh. Well I figured those would drop to coppers after a bit so I wasn’t really thinking of them.