What new/changed Sigils/Runes do you guys like?

EnderzShadow.2506

> @"Kilrik.6320" said:

> Also I was thinking of experimenting with cleansing sigils to see if i can break out of the wilderness line more easily, since they now remove 3 conditions, I think one on each weapon might work pretty well for pve and wvw, no difference pvp.

>

Yup, I used before the Cleansing Sigil in WvW, and now I think it is a good time to try it again, for these 3 condi cleanse.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Coinhead.7591" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > Personally, I'm sticking with Rune of Rage on my Ranger. Now it's nearly perma-Fury while you're in combat (9.6 seconds every 10), which works nicely with Ranger's Fury boosting traits.

>

> (4): Gain Fury for 8 seconds when **entering** combat (Cooldown: 10s)

>

> You only get fury on entering combat, if you stay on combat it will not trigger again.

>

> Relevant links: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Rage

Not true. In the original blog post announcing rune changes, they said that if you remained in combat for the entire cooldown, it would trigger again. Their example was Ogre Runes and the Rock Dog, but the Rune of Rage will follow the same rules.

Also, my numbers were wrong. I calculated for +20% Fury duration, not the +30% it actually is. That brings it to 10.4 seconds of Fury every 10 seconds.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Coinhead.7591" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > Personally, I'm sticking with Rune of Rage on my Ranger. Now it's nearly perma-Fury while you're in combat (9.6 seconds every 10), which works nicely with Ranger's Fury boosting traits.

> >

> > (4): Gain Fury for 8 seconds when **entering** combat (Cooldown: 10s)

> >

> > You only get fury on entering combat, if you stay on combat it will not trigger again.

> >

> > Relevant links: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Rage

>

> Not true. In the original blog post announcing rune changes, they said that if you remained in combat for the entire cooldown, it would trigger again. Their example was Ogre Runes and the Rock Dog, but the Rune of Rage will follow the same rules.

>

> Also, my numbers were wrong. I calculated for +20% Fury duration, not the +30% it actually is. That brings it to 10.4 seconds of Fury every 10 seconds.

With Survival trait line + survival utilities and Moa Stance I have perma Fury, and this can be stacked till almost 2 minutes, so I don't know why are you using Rune of Rage :)

> @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Coinhead.7591" said:

> > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > Personally, I'm sticking with Rune of Rage on my Ranger. Now it's nearly perma-Fury while you're in combat (9.6 seconds every 10), which works nicely with Ranger's Fury boosting traits.

> > >

> > > (4): Gain Fury for 8 seconds when **entering** combat (Cooldown: 10s)

> > >

> > > You only get fury on entering combat, if you stay on combat it will not trigger again.

> > >

> > > Relevant links: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Rage

> >

> > Not true. In the original blog post announcing rune changes, they said that if you remained in combat for the entire cooldown, it would trigger again. Their example was Ogre Runes and the Rock Dog, but the Rune of Rage will follow the same rules.

> >

> > Also, my numbers were wrong. I calculated for +20% Fury duration, not the +30% it actually is. That brings it to 10.4 seconds of Fury every 10 seconds.

>

> With Survival trait line + survival utilities and Moa Stance I have perma Fury, and this can be stacked till almost 2 minutes, so I don't know why are you using Rune of Rage :)

So now, the only way that Rune is relevant is if he doesnt use survival, which hey, thats possible.

Curious what Drarnor has to say now

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> > > > @"Coinhead.7591" said:

> > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > Personally, I'm sticking with Rune of Rage on my Ranger. Now it's nearly perma-Fury while you're in combat (9.6 seconds every 10), which works nicely with Ranger's Fury boosting traits.

> > > >

> > > > (4): Gain Fury for 8 seconds when **entering** combat (Cooldown: 10s)

> > > >

> > > > You only get fury on entering combat, if you stay on combat it will not trigger again.

> > > >

> > > > Relevant links: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Rage

> > >

> > > Not true. In the original blog post announcing rune changes, they said that if you remained in combat for the entire cooldown, it would trigger again. Their example was Ogre Runes and the Rock Dog, but the Rune of Rage will follow the same rules.

> > >

> > > Also, my numbers were wrong. I calculated for +20% Fury duration, not the +30% it actually is. That brings it to 10.4 seconds of Fury every 10 seconds.

> >

> > With Survival trait line + survival utilities and Moa Stance I have perma Fury, and this can be stacked till almost 2 minutes, so I don't know why are you using Rune of Rage :)

>

> So now, the only way that Rune is relevant is if he doesnt use survival, which hey, thats possible.

>

Agree with you EnderzShadow, but I don't see on what possible build without survival this rune can be used. I mean if you want to go with Marksmanship or Skirmishing or Nature Magic or Beastmastery, all these trait lines or their utilities give you Fury. Ranger is that class who don't need a rune to have enough Fury. But this is just my opinion.

> Personally, I'm sticking with Rune of Rage on my Ranger. Now it's nearly perma-Fury while you're in combat (9.6 seconds every 10), which works nicely with Ranger's Fury boosting traits.

Yeah I ran Rage even before the recent buff, and imported my glass cannon pvp setup into pve. Pretty much already had near-permanent fury uptime. Now I get to feel satisfied that all those people insisting I use Scholar got knocked down a peg by the changes heh.

I did a quick test with 1488 condi dmg: Bleed ticks did 111 --> 117 (5.4% increase) once sigil of bursting was added. 148 --> 155 (4.7% increase) with hidden barbs and then adding sigil of bursting. **Basically sigil of bursting works like sigil of force but for condi builds now.** I'm pretty sure that makes it too good to give up.

Messing with condi SB gear a bit more. Build editor isn't up to date so don't trust the numbers it gives. The link is just to see gear/infusions.

Krait + Earth/bursting = 100% bleed duration 50% other conditions. 1839 condi dmg

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQFAFHdrgl8C2sAs8iFDBLv62dDvMBgRXprpDEsqaVIlJ-jBSFQB96CA0P1fanOgGq0LF7PQMlBA4BAMSlgbKCAIAKpAWUZF-e

Afflicted + Bursting/agony = 100% bleed, 70% poison, 60% other conditions. 1839 condi dmg

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQFAFHdrgl8C2sAs8iFDBrpDEsqa5V3ub4lJAM6KdVwUK-jBSAQBRU9HspMIaXAgAqD4mKBDpSvXs/AAeAAbKCAIAKpAWUZF-e

Tempest + Bursting/agony = 100% bleed, 80% other conditions. 1677 condi dmg.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV4PHdrgl8C2sAs8iFDBLv62dDvNdggVVjJAM6aAVIlJ-jxRAQBA4iAsw9HCpyvo9EAupSwIq+TA1NspIAgASJFwiKrA-e

For pure short bow, I'm not sure if sigil of earth (krait) or an extra 20% poison duration (afflicted) is better. Regardless, this is so BORING because you don't even weapon swap anymore. Just camp 1 shortbow. The previous patch D/T+SB rotation was optimal at 100% bleed duration and 80% condi duration with only 100 condi dmg from runes. So if there is a rune combo to support the D/T+SB, it'll probably be rune of the tempest. However, that is giving 36 to all stats with no geo/earth, death nova or condi on elite. D/T was barely ahead of double shortbow. If 1 shortbow is best DPS for condi, that's sad.

> @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> > @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

>

> > With Survival trait line + survival utilities and Moa Stance I have perma Fury, and this can be stacked till almost 2 minutes, so I don't know why are you using Rune of Rage :)

> I ran it more for the 5% buff than anything else.

>

Then go with Scholar, Eagle , Infiltration, Pack, even Ogre, all these runes will give you more bonuses than Rage. You are a ranger, you get fury easy, so it is better to get more Power, Precision, Ferocity instead of Fury duration. Every decent build (for PVP and WvW) has enough fury, also in PVE.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> New grove looks interesting, maybe for a druid something.

I like Rune of the Grove too ! If you use NM and WS, it goes very well together. Dat Protection uptime with extra Regen to proc Windborne Notes. The AoE is a Light field, so if you blast it, you can clear another condition.

Swapping my runes and sigils for another alternative, not tempest/nightmare.

From - Trapper+Nightmare / Geomancy+Agony setup :

+100 condi

+45% bleed

+25% poison

+25% burn

+ Inflict (3) bleeding on nearby foes for 8 seconds when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds)

To - Afflicted / Bursting+Malice :

+175 condi

+40% bleed

+30% poison

+20% burn

+ 5% condi dmg (Bursting)

+ When you kill a foe, you create a death nova at their location. (Cooldown: 15s)

Having a slight increase in dps over some small sample of pve contents. Not sure if the overall dmg increased is from replacing Sigil of Geomancy with Sigil of Bursting though, will need more test. Haven't tested it in raids.

Anyone here with the same setup?

> @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> Did anyone test Sigil of Bursting? The new descrition indicates that incrases the damage dealt like force, not the stat. That would make it 100% required for all condition builds.

Atm I'm getting Bursting > Geomancy for my soulbeast. The nerf on geomancy played a part aside from Bursting's change.

PvP:

Sanctuary Runes have to be crazy good with Troll Unguent I'm assuming (I might get to play today so I can confirm myself).

Water Runes could also work. On Boonbuilds, drop Nature Magic, pick up Beastmastery, and swap from Troll Unguent to Heal as One for the boon sharing. This setup would retain some condi clearing power and boon duration, and allow for a source of Swiftness outside of Warhorn, potentially allowing for a lot more variety in builds.

WvW: Durability runes on a boon Soulbeast in WvW are still too good to give up. A free boon proc and enough defensive stats to allow for basically full damage gearing (I run Marauders up to 50% crit chance with a few Cavalier trinkets + Durability runes). I'm not seeing where I would swap that out any time soon.

The Sigil additions/changes seem very interesting too. Cleansing looks crazy strong in WvW, as does Celerity.

I'll be very interested to see what people come up with.

I swapped Superior Rune of Bloodlust on GS and Superior Rune of Air on LB for double Celerities. I started running Canine+Smokescale for double source of knockdown and so far very good results in WvW roaming. Killing Warriors much faster, menaging to win vs mesmers even, though FBs are much much more difficult now with Defender runes, very tanky. Still using dura runes as they bring me to 24-25k HP (depending on the buff) .

> > @"Coinhead.7591" said:

> > > Personally, I'm sticking with Rune of Rage on my Ranger. Now it's nearly perma-Fury while you're in combat (9.6 seconds every 10), which works nicely with Ranger's Fury boosting traits.

> >

> > (4): Gain Fury for 8 seconds when **entering** combat (Cooldown: 10s)

> >

> > You only get fury on entering combat, if you stay on combat it will not trigger again.

> >

> > Relevant links: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Rage

>

> Not true. In the original blog post announcing rune changes, they said that if you remained in combat for the entire cooldown, it would trigger again. Their example was Ogre Runes and the Rock Dog, but the Rune of Rage will follow the same rules.

>

> Also, my numbers were wrong. I calculated for +20% Fury duration, not the +30% it actually is. That brings it to 10.4 seconds of Fury every 10 seconds.

You're mistaken.

There are two types of runes.

Ones that activate upon entering combat and ones that activate during combat.

They are worded differently on purpose, you'll notice the ones that are worded entering have lower cooldowns (10s/20s).

The ones worded while in combat are much longer (60s) those are the ones that auto-renew.

> @"Maven.1690" said:

> Been running this with surprising effectiveness

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAd8ilsAWsAs8ilCB7pLMDCA5X3ub5lZA0uSdDoA-jVSBABLcIAKa/hrU+5xFAAgHAgZKBpU9H80FoxRAIAACwNvZA4m38m38m3s28m38m38m38m38mlCQQJYA-w

>

> unlimited fury and near always up quickness and when a rev joins the party 300% crit dmg.

Maven, I took a look at your build and noticed you use Rage Runes.

Curious if you see the previous convo between Dragonzhunter and Voltaicbore

and what your thoughts are. (click on show previous quotes)

> @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> > @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> > > @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> >

> > > With Survival trait line + survival utilities and Moa Stance I have perma Fury, and this can be stacked till almost 2 minutes, so I don't know why are you using Rune of Rage :)

> > I ran it more for the 5% buff than anything else.

> >

>

> Then go with Scholar, Eagle , Infiltration, Pack, even Ogre, all these runes will give you more bonuses than Rage. You are a ranger, you get fury easy, so it is better to get more Power, Precision, Ferocity instead of Fury duration. Every decent build (for PVP and WvW) has enough fury, also in PVE.

Aside from the changes in the stats for sigil/runes, there is also the crafting aspect. **At this point I HATE IT**. Before you could always get the sigils/and runes from **Black Lion Salvage Kits (BLS)** , this is left unchanged (no problem); however, now there is no chance in getting anything other than mats from any other salvage. This can potentially be a big problem for the economy in the near future. If you don't have a **BLS** or purchased **Upgrade Extractor (UE)**, you can't get the runes/sigils off of dropped gear. Certain sigils/runes are only accessible from drops or dungeon armor/weapon trade-ins. This renders those armor/wep pieces useless to people who want the upgrade component, but don't have the gem purchased kits (yes I know you get **BLS** from daily too- but chance from Chest of Black Lion Goods 25 per mo. for me on avg.).

I was crafting additional cleansing sigils this morning (account bound), it cost nearly **3** gold to make **ONE**. All the craftable sigil/runes are now horrifyingly expensive to make because of the new crafting mats required. Ex. [superior Sigil of Cleansing](http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Cleansing "Superior Sigil of Cleansing"). The sigil now requires [symbol of Control](http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Symbol_of_Control "Symbol of Control"), a new **Element** feature to all created sigil/rune. I've salvaged what would easily amount to over 100 armors/weps and I barely had enough of the [Lucent Motes](http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lucent_Mote "Lucent Motes") to make the piles required. From all the salvaging I have done, I only have **1 Charm of Potence** to show for it. All of the addtional material requirements involved with these new changes are going to hit the economy hard. The drop rates are **WAYYYY TOO LOWW** for the **Elements**.

On top of all this, the useless sigil/runes are just as expensive to make as the most popular ones. It's very hard to experiment with some of the upgrades when the prices are way out of whack and they don't offer them in pvp (or are different) to try before you buy. At this point I'll give Anet the benefit of the doubt, but one has to wonder if this is this their way of pushing for more sales with **BLS** and **UE** in the gem shop? If so, I am not a fan, I've played an mmo where upgrading and changing upgrades was purchased. It's a **HORRIBLE IDEA**.

> @"Kilrik.6320" said:

> Aside from the changes in the stats for sigil/runes, there is also the crafting aspect. **At this point I HATE IT**. Before you could always get the sigils/and runes from **Black Lion Salvage Kits (BLS)** , this is left unchanged (no problem); however, now there is no chance in getting anything other than mats from any other salvage. This can potentially be a big problem for the economy in the near future. If you don't have a **BLS** or purchased **Upgrade Extractor (UE)**, you can't get the runes/sigils off of dropped gear. Certain sigils/runes are only accessible from drops or dungeon armor/weapon trade-ins. This renders those armor/wep pieces useless to people who want the upgrade component, but don't have the gem purchased kits (yes I know you get **BLS** from daily too- but chance from Chest of Black Lion Goods 25 per mo. for me on avg.).

>

> I was crafting additional cleansing sigils this morning (account bound), it cost nearly **3** gold to make **ONE**. All the craftable sigil/runes are now horrifyingly expensive to make because of the new crafting mats required. Ex. [superior Sigil of Cleansing](http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Cleansing "Superior Sigil of Cleansing"). The sigil now requires [symbol of Control](http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Symbol_of_Control "Symbol of Control"), a new **Element** feature to all created sigil/rune. I've salvaged what would easily amount to over 100 armors/weps and I barely had enough of the [Lucent Motes](http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lucent_Mote "Lucent Motes") to make the piles required. From all the salvaging I have done, I only have **1 Charm of Potence** to show for it. All of the addtional material requirements involved with these new changes are going to hit the economy hard. The drop rates are **WAYYYY TOO LOWW** for the **Elements**.

>

> On top of all this, the useless sigil/runes are just as expensive to make as the most popular ones. It's very hard to experiment with some of the upgrades when the prices are way out of whack and they don't offer them in pvp (or are different) to try before you buy. At this point I'll give Anet the benefit of the doubt, but one has to wonder if this is this their way of pushing for more sales with **BLS** and **UE** in the gem shop? If so, I am not a fan, I've played an mmo where upgrading and changing upgrades was purchased. It's a **HORRIBLE IDEA**.

give it time, this will end up very similar to when they first introduced Scribing as a crafting profession. Mats where insanely expensive, to the point where my old guild leader spent about 1k gold to max level scribe in the first few days of it. since then the price has dropped significantly. right now there is no supply and no real way to determine which items are rarer than others outside of anecdotally. some things will rise, most prices will fall, and rune prices overall will level out although i don't think we'll see them back in the low copper range anymore.

Errrmm... @"EnderzShadow.2506" ? I think you meant to post that in the other thread, maybe.

On topic, I'm still pretty much in the same boat I was in a week ago (before the overhaul)- staring at the myriad runes/sigils and having zero idea which ones I want to/should use on my power soulbeast who's getting to the point where I should probably consider replacing the infiltration runes my exotic armor came with. I'm still completely lost in all the stat dumps and clueless what even qualifies as making a rune/sigil "good." It seems like several hours' worth of looking at guides and rune/sigil stats and forum/reddit threads later, and all I've succeeded in doing is giving myself a headache.

So, uh, I like whatever runes/sigils work and don't break my bank to obtain. That's it, yeah.

Enderz, you mentioned earlier the couple posts between me and Dragon about rage runes vs other flat buff runes.

First things first: Dragon is absolutely correct when it comes to soulbeasts having perma fury from _just_ Moa Stance and warhorn 5 alone. Adding rage runes on top of that provides excess fury, and sometimes I'll find my fury boon showing 2 or 3 minutes remaining after just a few fights.

However, the reason I wanted to adapt my full glass cannon spvp build for pve is specifically to solo certain dungeons faster. As for why I like soloing dungeons... that's an entirely different discussion, but suffice it to say I don't need to run fractals for the gold, gear, or infusions at the moment, and I just plain old like dungeons better than fractals.

In the solo dungeoneering scenario, what I found was that the huge excess in fury uptime from Rage runes allows me a big margin of safety when it comes to staying in longbow for the more dangerous phases of boss fights. I can kite away from big aoes (without stopping buffed dps), back off from melee range if I make a mistake and take an avoidable hit that I need to regen from (without stopping buffed dps), or I can just fight on without babysitting my own hp level above 90% (without, you guessed it, stopping buffed dps). Basically the Rage rune provides a full-time 5% dps increase for the dungeon-soloing ranger, who may not always have the luxury of fulfilling the conditions of the more popular Scholar rune set perfectly. Now that Scholar runes have been cut to 5% but gained 125 ferocity, I'm going to have to test my Scholar set in a dungeon to see how it performs in practice.

> @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> Enderz, you mentioned earlier the couple posts between me and Dragon about rage runes vs other flat buff runes.

>

> First things first: Dragon is absolutely correct when it comes to soulbeasts having perma fury from _just_ Moa Stance and warhorn 5 alone. Adding rage runes on top of that provides excess fury, and sometimes I'll find my fury boon showing 2 or 3 minutes remaining after just a few fights.

>

> However, the reason I wanted to adapt my full glass cannon spvp build for pve is specifically to solo certain dungeons faster. As for why I like soloing dungeons... that's an entirely different discussion, but suffice it to say I don't need to run fractals for the gold, gear, or infusions at the moment, and I just plain old like dungeons better than fractals.

>

> In the solo dungeoneering scenario, what I found was that the huge excess in fury uptime from Rage runes allows me a big margin of safety when it comes to staying in longbow for the more dangerous phases of boss fights. I can kite away from big aoes (without stopping buffed dps), back off from melee range if I make a mistake and take an avoidable hit that I need to regen from (without stopping buffed dps), or I can just fight on without babysitting my own hp level above 90% (without, you guessed it, stopping buffed dps). Basically the Rage rune provides a full-time 5% dps increase for the dungeon-soloing ranger, who may not always have the luxury of fulfilling the conditions of the more popular Scholar rune set perfectly. Now that Scholar runes have been cut to 5% but gained 125 ferocity, I'm going to have to test my Scholar set in a dungeon to see how it performs in practice.

Thanks for the explanation. Soloing dungeons, that is interesting.

About the only thing I used to like to solo was North Camp with a trap Ranger.

Round all them sucka npcs up, drop traps, entangle, drop a bonfire and watch everything melt before anyone could stop me.

> @"Nightchrome.1085" said:

> I tried Sanctuary with my condi poison healer soulbeast. You get a steady trickle of small barriers alongside your steady trick of small heals, but some of the passive heals don't proc the barrier. It's not OP, but it's still lots of extra healthbar at the expense of runes that would help your damage.

Maybe it's late and I just cant remember, but what 'passive heals' does a Ranger get? Like oakheart salve and rugged growth?

It says its a heal. I know it doesnt work, but you think it would based on anets description the Sanctuary rune.

I wonder if the trait Invigorating Bond (beast abilities heal around caster) would trigger it.

Im messing with it at the moment.

So far, warhorn 5 regen works.

Soulbeast Heal works.

Normal heal, ofc works.

Blasting a water field works.

I wonder somehow if 2 people were using it--and I dropped Traited water spirit (100 percent chance to heal yourself on hit)

I know everyone hates bunkers, except the guy playing the bunker lol

Makes me think I could make a bunker just for bunkers sake.

The focus being on bunkering alone.