Repeatable Map Completion

Shalien.9018

Anyone who's gone back to play any Heart of Thorns or Core Tyria maps on their mount know that it's a revitalized experience. It completely changes the way we're able to experience the world we've all known to love.

I think it would be nice if there was an option to add an incentive or at least add the ability to redo map completion now that the game's experience is so different. I really prefer playing only a handful of characters so it'd be nice to be able to do it all again with my experience/seasoned characters instead of having to make new ones. Some thoughts I had that could make it possible:

* Daily repeatable hearts in all core zones. This would just make all zones have hearts that you have to re-complete to access the vendor.

* A simple "redo map completion" button once you get 100%. This would leave the map open for viewing but hearts, POIs and Vistas would all become unfinished. Obviously Hero and Mastery points would be left completed.

* The same as the above option but it's a gemstore consumable so you have to give ANet something like 150 gems to reset those map objects.

* A prestige system that does all of the above but also adds some kind of small reward. Maybe something like explorer ranks can be added so you can do it infinitely.

Yee, they could reuse the little star icon on the players nameplate.

Make it bronze colored for first completion, silver colored for the second, gold for third, platinum for fourth, exotic colored for the fifth completion, ascended for the tenth, and a legendary colored star for fifty map completions, and a title "I've really seen it all now" plus an item reward [Explorers Walking Stick], a tonic that lets your character walk around like an old granny on a stick. xD

I quit the game with about 45% map completion way back when. Just came back (so glad I did) and decided to work toward completion. It's been a blast with the mounts. Makes it an absolute joy to just take a break from other stuff and just pick a zone to complete. It's been great.

With that said, other than making a new character, I think you've got a point about world completion replay-ability. That would be a cool idea.

> @kamykaze.5904 said:

> Yee, they could reuse the little star icon on the players nameplate.

> Make it bronze colored for first completion, silver colored for the second, gold for third, platinum for fourth, exotic colored for the fifth completion, ascended for the tenth, and a legendary colored star for fifty map completions, and a title "I've really seen it all now" plus an item reward [Explorers Walking Stick], a tonic that lets your character walk around like an old granny on a stick. xD

I'm not sure how players would react if after all these years their golden star was turned into a dull bronze one. Or perhaps it could be for any fresh characters who haven't done it?

Honestly I thought I'd love this idea, but the more I think about it the less it seems like it would work. This is why I make alts, to explore and get more rewards. Luckily the mastery system is account-wide, so I have no issues.

> @MrWubzy.3587 said:

> > @kamykaze.5904 said:

> > Yee, they could reuse the little star icon on the players nameplate.

> > Make it bronze colored for first completion, silver colored for the second, gold for third, platinum for fourth, exotic colored for the fifth completion, ascended for the tenth, and a legendary colored star for fifty map completions, and a title "I've really seen it all now" plus an item reward [Explorers Walking Stick], a tonic that lets your character walk around like an old granny on a stick. xD

>

> I'm not sure how players would react if after all these years their golden star was turned into a dull bronze one. Or perhaps it could be for any fresh characters who haven't done it?

>

> Honestly I thought I'd love this idea, but the more I think about it the less it seems like it would work. This is why I make alts, to explore and get more rewards. Luckily the mastery system is account-wide, so I have no issues.

Ahh, people would get over it i guess. It would be a long term goal for sure and you would receive rewards for repeated map completions, and the other stars could reward something as well. I don't know. It was just an idea i had on this topic. :)